The Ordinary Jesus Brigade

Viewing 20 posts - 821 through 840 (of 3,868 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

Hey Nick and Jodi, can you deal with the Scripture that says Yeshua created everything? You both say that He didn’t, but Scripture says He did. In fact you both say that He didn’t exist before He was born. You need to defend your heretical position or just slip away.

While some here say in error that God didn’t create the cosmos through the son, it is also wrong to say that Jesus created the cosmos. It was God who created all things THROUGH the son. This is clearly written. No excuses.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

T8…..so you deny all the other scripture that show that God “himself” created the world and everything in it.  You hang up is on the word (through) , it has other meanings that could apply , like for instance ‘for the sake of’  or for the purpose of the resurected JESUS, and the resurected, who will inherit eternal life. That was his overall plan from the beginning of human creation, which he completed “through” Jesus by being “in” him.

How can you ignore all the scriptures written in our bibles and possibly believe it was Jesus who created everything that existed from creation, or that God did what he did,  in the begining of creation through Jesus, when scripture says it was through  king David  whose lion he would come  into existence,  was not even born yet.  My O my, how many straight forward scriptures you must throw away,  to believe what you  prexistenese  believe.

Why not make a list of scriptures that show that God alone and by himself created every thing, and compare them to what you believe. Hanging on to one scripture while ignoring the many others, is like batting a gnat and swollowing  a camel. T8 you do that with all kind of thing like Jesus was anointed at berth, no he was not, ask youself,  if he was anointed then,  why would he have to be again later by John the baptist at the Jordan, and after that be sent out into the world to preach the gospel of the kingdom of God.

Tell us this T8….Luke 2:40  …And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, (like we all do after we’re born)  filled with wisdom: and the grace of God was upon him” .

Why does it say the ‘grace’ of God was upon him, but not the spirit of God?, because he did not have the spirit of God yet, he recieved that when he was baptized at the Jordan river by John. Then he became a spritual son of God, and then he was lead by the Spirit of GOD and sent out into the world first to be tempted and then to preach the gospel of the kingdom of God. He never preached to the world until he was sent, and that was after he was anointed with the spirit of God. Scripture clearly shows that. But you deny that and would have us believe He was already anointed at his berth, therefore having no need to be baptized latter.

Peace and love to you and yours. …….gene

Jodi
    Participant

Hi t8,

You:While some here say in error that God didn’t create the cosmos through the son, it is also wrong to say that Jesus created the cosmos. It was God who created all things THROUGH the son. This is clearly written. No excuses.

Me: I don’t believe that I have heard a single person here say that God did not create the cosmos through the son. t8 are you even listening to what is being said??

CLEARLY we are told that God created all things through the son, and for the son. No one here has argued against that. 

The debate is about the word THROUGH and also the word FOR, not to mention the identity of the son who is being spoken of in Colossians 1. 

You say that a pre-existing son created the heavens and earth through God, thus God created heaven and earth through a pre-existing son.

this is how you think the verse should read,

16 For through the pre-existing son, through God,  were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created through the pre-existing son through God, and for the pre-existing son:

So according to you, when the pre-existing son was creating all things he was doing so for himself.

I say that God created heaven and earth through and for Jesus, the man that was perfected going to the cross, “1 Col 1:14 In whom we have REDEMPTION through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:”

Colossians 1:12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: 13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: 14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: 15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

CLEARLY in the CONTEXT of verse 12-14 the WHO in verse 15 is speaking of the MAN who shed his blood and was raised from the dead, he is the image of the invisible God, and he this man raised from the dead, is the firstborn of every creature speaking of the new beginning, which makes complete sense if you are not ignorant knowing that God created man in His own image, if you are not ignorant to the fact that Jesus was made perfect through suffering, if you are not ignorant to the fact that Paul tells us Jesus is the firstborn of many brethren and verse 12, 13, and 14 is speaking about those brethren, if you are not ignorant to the biblical fact Jesus is the new beginning where earth itself and every creature on earth is also redeemed by Jesus, no more thorns or briers, no more creatures that harm or destroy, if you are not ignorant to the fact that this MAN was foreordained before the foundation of the world along with his brethren, if you are not ignorant to the biblical fact that God IS ALL KNOWING and He had a plan since before He made the worlds, which is why He said in Genesis he made man in His own image, and He gave this plan to the prophets. 

The son being spoken of in the CONTEXT of this chapter is the MAN who SHED his blood as we are TOLD directly in this chapter. The son being spoken of we are told directly in this chapter is the firstborn of the dead, the first of eternal life, the firstborn of many brethren.

Romans 1:2 (Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,) 3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh; 4 And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead: 

The Son of God here is not only identified as the flesh of David, but is identified as a Son because he was anointed with God’s Spirit and because he was raised from the dead. Not only this but the identity of this Son is that which was PROMISED beforehand by the prophets. You just seem to choose to be ignorant of all this word of God t8, as you do not apply scripture with scripture. There I guess is no excuse for you. You want to narrowly define the word “through” in order to fit your doctrine fully denying the word of God not to mention choosing to avoid common sense to how a word is very often used.

Ephesians 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; 12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: 13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: 14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

I am told that the Son of God is a perfect man, I am told that the man of the fruit of David’s loins is a Son of God according to the Spirit of Holiness. Jesus is NOT a son of God because he pre-existed as a human or as a god, or as some other sort of creature. Jesus is a Son of God because he was anointed by God with the full measure of God’s Spirit. When speaking of the Son we are reverted to the word of God given to the prophets.

Many people on this forum IGNORE God’s word spoken to the prophets, they do not want to apply it, instead they SEEK for HINTS, for HIDDEN truth that then creates contradiction, tossing children to and fro with all sorts of doctrines. Reading scripture through God’s Spirit and understanding it correctly is about God opening the eyes of the BLIND so that they can see what is clearly written, the Son of God is a PERFECT man of the offspring of David who received upon his death David’s mercies. The Son of God is the HUMAN we are directly told returning among the clouds with the glory of the Father. Saying that God gives the Spirit so that they can discover hints and hidden truth, and other’s do not see their doctrine created by such because they do not have God’s Spirit to see it, is a complete joke.

Acts 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne; 31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption. 32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses. 33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear. 3

Acts 13:32 And we declare unto you glad tidings, how that the promise which was made unto the fathers, 33 God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee. 34 And as concerning that he raised him up from the dead, now no more to return to corruption, he said on this wise, I will give you the sure mercies of David. 35 Wherefore he saith also in another psalm, Thou shalt not suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. 36 For David, after he had served his own generation by the will of God, fell on sleep, and was laid unto his fathers, and saw corruption: 37 But he, whom God raised again, saw no corruption. 38 Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins: 39 And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.

ALL things were not made through and for the MAN that brings forgiveness of sins?

All things are not justified through the man Jesus, the Anointed with God’s Spirit without measure who was perfected on earth through suffering? 

All things, the earth and creatures great and small do not consist through a redemption brought to us through Christ, the man who shed his blood, and brought eternal life?

Is Jesus our mighty master full of grace and truth because he pre-existed and created the world that then turned into sin and death. Is Jesus great because he pre-existed and then came down from heaven to be a man and die for us and save us from the world of sin and death? Is that what the bible tells us?

Or are we told that the bread of life that came from heaven, that came from God was the FLESH of Jesus? Flesh that had been anointed at the river and then was SENT?

Or does the bible tell us that God had a plan from the beginning, that He established the end before He even created the world, and that the end was actually a new beginning where the earth would come to be filled with the knowledge of God and God could be all in all? Does not everything that was created consist through this fact, that has been made possible THROUGH CHRIST, the anointed man who was perfected through suffering, and thus was for us the lamb without spot or blemish that could bring forth REDEMPTION, so that God could be all in all? In “him” all things consist, because “in the man Jesus”, “through the man Jesus” all the earth is redeemed. The bible tells us that Jesus is a righteous judge and thus our master, not because he pre-existed creating the world, but because he was a servant of the offspring of David who was FILLED with and CALLED to righteousness able to be a righteous judge because the Spirit of God was upon him. Through this calling, where God would hold his hand and keep him so that Jesus would follow God’s will to the cross, we are redeemed by his suffering on the cross that brought him into perfection. All things consist through this redemption, all things were created through and for this redemption that God brought through Christ, who is our righteous judge BECAUSE he suffered and was tempted just like we are. Jesus was NOT an ordinary man, he is the first human that was resurrected and appointed judge and ruler over all the earth so that he can bring forth God’s kingdom where God will be all in all. 

Acts 17: 24 <strong>God, who did make the world, and all things in it, this One, of heaven and of earth being Lord, in temples made with hands doth not dwell, </strong>25 neither by the hands of men is He served -- needing anything<strong>, He giving to all life, and breath, and all things; 26 He made also of one blood every nation of men, to dwell upon all the face of the earth -- having ordained times before appointed, and the bounds of their dwellings</strong> -- 27 to seek the Lord, if perhaps they did feel after Him and find, -- though, indeed, He is not far from each one of us, <strong>28 for in Him we live, and move</strong>, and are; as also certain of your poets have said: For of Him also we are offspring. 29Being, therefore, offspring of God, we ought not to think the Godhead to be like to gold, or silver, or stone, graving of art and device of man; 30 the times, indeed, therefore, of the ignorance God having overlooked, doth now command all men everywhere to reform, 31 because He did set a day in which He is about to judge the world in righteousness, BY A MAN whom He did ORDAIN, having given assurance to all, having raised him out of the dead.’

Jodi
    Participant

To ALL,

Colossians 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

preeminence — Proteup—–to be first, hold the first place

Jesus is BEFORE Abraham, he is BEFORE David because in ALL things God made him first, AHEAD of them all, the firstborn of the dead.

Jesus is NOT BEFORE them because he pre-existed, he is BEFORE them because he is the firstborn of many brethren. David called his son a master because he saw his day, he saw the resurrection. God our Father gave Jesus the birthright, the inheritance, the glory and the honor. As we are told ADAM was the son of God, he was created and given to rule over all the earth, but he sinned he received death. Jesus did not sin he was perfected on the cross and he was raised receiving the inheritance, made ruler over all the earth.

Hebrews 1:1 In many parts, and many ways, God of old having spoken to the fathers in the prophets, 2 in these last days did speak to us in a Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He did make the ages; 3 who being the brightness of the glory, and the impress of His subsistence, bearing up also the all things by the saying of his mightthrough himself having made a cleansing of our sins, sat down at the right hand of the greatness in the highest,

You know, the man of the flesh of David DECLARED a SON according to the Spirit of Holiness, by the ressurection of the dead. This is the Son being spoken of here as he BECAME so much better than the messengers INHERITING a more excellent name.

4 having become so much better than the messengers, as he did inherit a more excellent name than they. 5 For to which of the messengers said He ever, My Son thou art — I to-day have begotten thee? and again, I will be to him for a father, and he shall be to Me for a son?

You know, the son of David, that God said He would be a Father to, who God said He would give the mercies of David to and David’s kingdom to for ever more. David called his son a master, not because he pre-existed and lived before him, but because he was perfected and was the lamb without spot or blemish bringing the redemption, where David died believing that he would also be raised from the dead.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

Jesus Christ Jesus is Lord, of all, and by divine appointment.

But he is only Master of his servants, who love all his words, and obey him.

Anthony
    Participant

Hi Gene

Gene have you Goggle Gnostic and Adoptionists. It’s pretty simple to see that they believed Jesus Christ was just a man like you.  If you do you will see just what the truth is about this matter. You won’t be truthful about it anyway you would have to say that iI’ right.

Jodi you don’t know where it says all things where created through Jesus Christ and for Him ect. ect. I think you can find.

Nick Iyou said if I wanted to be a Gnostic, well Nick I’ll say the same thing to you that I told Gene look up Gnostic and Adoptionists and you will simply see that I’m not out right telling you something that isn’t so.

I think you know scripture enough to find out this stuff on your own. I believe you three are teaching falsely about this all.  Gene you said you know Ernest Martin He left your Church for a reason (WWCG) later.

Anthony
    Participant

Hi Gene

You said: The Gnostic’s were the ANTICHRISTS OF THE FIRST CENTER MENTIONED BY JOHN.

Gene if they were the Antichrist of the first century you three are Antichrist Gnostic of today . I can’t help that you three belive like them that’s your doing, and you  teach it a lie from the Father of liers. They use the Word of God they twist and turn about the truth,they use trickery, is it’s all a form of wichcraft. Later

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Anthony,

If Jesus was not just a man like you then you have no hope.

You will die in your sins unless you can follow this man into rebirth of water and the Spirit.

The teachings and works of God have become a complete waste of time for those who do not listen to His Spirit in His Son.

Anthony
    Participant

Nick I’m not saying He didn’t take on the form of man. If you believe that He was just a man there is no salvation for any of us. It’s all in vain. Later

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Anthony,

A man conceived in Mary.

Your hope.

Anthony
    Participant

Hi Nick    you said a man conceived of Mary.

we need to first understand how Jesus was conceived in Mary’s womb and how an embryonic life develops in the womb of a mother. This will help us to know that Jesus did not have and could not have had any of Mary’s DNA nor was He related to Mary by blood or descent in any way whatsoever.

The Bible says that Father God prepared a body for His Son in order for His Son to come into the world.

Hebrews 10:5
    Therefore, when He came into the world, He said, “Sacrifice and offering You did not desire,but a body You have prepared for Me”.

Father God prepared an embryonic fleshly body for His Son and planted this embryonic life in the womb of the Virgin Mary. Jesus Christ prior to becoming flesh. The Son was transformed from His glorified immortal state into a lowly humble mortal state when He became fleshly body in the womb of the Virgin Mary, in order to die for the sins of the whole world. We need to be very clear that Joseph’s sperm and Mary’s egg played absolutely no part whatsoever in the embryonic fleshly body of Jesus that was planted by Father God in the womb of the Virgin Mary.

The embryonic life of Jesus that was conceived in the womb of the Virgin Mary was completely of the Holy Spirit (Matthews 1:20) and there was absolutely nothing from Joseph or Mary. Mary was in fact a ‘gestational’ surrogate mother for Jesus, and therefore, she was not his biological mother. Also, it is a biological fact that in a womb that carries a child, the mother and the child have their own completely independent circulatory systems and the mother’s blood does not in any way mix with the child’s (foetus’s) blood. So, we can be absolutely sure that Jesus did not have and could not have had any of Mary’s DNA, and Jesus was not related to Mary by blood or descent in any way whatsoever.  Later

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Anthony,

No the Body was not prepared for the man Jesus.

The body was prepared for THE WORD that was with God and was God in the beginning.

The WORD was made flesh and dwelt among us.

The man Jesus was anointed at the Jordan.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Anthony,

Mary is his mother.

Not his surrogate mother.

Anthony
    Participant

Hi Nick

The Bible says the body was prepared

Hebrews 10:5
    Therefore, when He came into the world, He said, “Sacrifice and offering You did not desire,but a body You have prepared for Me”. Later

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Anthony,

You:Father God prepared an embryonic fleshly body for His Son and planted this embryonic life in the womb of the Virgin Mary. Jesus Christ prior to becoming flesh. The Son was transformed from His glorified immortal state into a lowly humble mortal state when He became fleshly body in the womb of the Virgin Mary, in order to die for the sins of the whole world. We need to be very clear that Joseph’s sperm and Mary’s egg played absolutely no part whatsoever in the embryonic fleshly body of Jesus that was planted by Father God in the womb of the Virgin Mary.

ME:If what you say were true it would be written, but it is not it equates EXACTLY to verse 14 below.  

13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: 14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

The Son of God we are told is a PERFECT MAN, the Son of God we are told is the offspring of David that was the Son of God according to the Spirit of Holiness. Romans 1. 

I believe what scripture says, you not only deny it you speak against it.

Anthony how is it that Jesus BECAME the perfect man? It has absolutely nothing to do with him pre-existing as a son of God being morphed into a mortal, and everything to do with an anointing of God’s Spirit where he called a man into righteousness. 

Anthony, you want to identify the Son of God that was sent as a pre-existing son becoming a mortal man, but what the scriptures directly tell us is that it was a human servant of the seed of David that BECAME a Son of God ACCORDING to the Holy Spirit and then he was sent.

Upon Jesus receiving God’s Spirit he was in the form of God, he had the full measure of God’s Spirit, through that Spirit Jesus was able to speak God’s word with authority, he was able to heal, he could even raise the dead. Prior to that anointing there was NO Son that was sent. Jesus said God anointed him and sent him out into the world. What is great about Jesus is that he did not use the great power of the Spirit for himself, instead he humbled himself and followed the will of God becoming perfect through being obedient by which he suffered. Jesus has immortality not because he pre-existed with immortality, but because he was MADE perfect, by being a man that followed God’s will perfectly, of which he did because as Isaiah 42 tells us, God would call him to righteousness and keep him, hold his hand, lead him to fulfill God’s word that He gave before the world began, which was eternal life.

Anthony when will you STOP explaining scripture in full ignorance to God’s word, His promises, that He had given to the prophets?

You speak lies against the prophet Isaiah Anthony, the human servant was made into a Son according to the Spirit of Holiness, and then that Son was SENT, there is no son that was made into a human servant.

Jesus speaks of WHEN he was sent Anthony, and it was NOT from being in heaven as an immortal becoming a humble mortal, it was of the fulfillment of Isaiah, where a human servant was anointed with God’s Spirit and the sent out into the world.

Luke 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, 19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord. 20 And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.

The BODY that was prepared for us that brought us redemption is the body that was perfected through suffering that learned obedience to God through suffering. This body was not an immortal being coming down to be in the form of a man. This was the FLESH the bread of life that came from heaven. This body was told about to the prophet David, it was a body of his seed, whose flesh would not see decay because it was not deserving of decay. It was not deserving of decay because it had BEEN perfected, not because it pre-existed as an immortal being. This body Anthony was a human mortal body that had received all the power of God, power to save himself from death but he was obedient to God and went to the cross to die for us.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TC,

If you cannot follow Jesus into his death and resurrection you will die in your sins.

We do not follow a demigod or a god but a man, born of woman.

Proclaimer
    Participant

The man Jesus was anointed at the Jordan.

And the man Jesus was born the Christ according to a declaration made by a holy angel.

But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid! For behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people: 11Today in the City of David a Savior has been born to you. He is Christ the Lord! And this will be a sign to you:

Nick argues with this angel it seems.

Dig4truth
    Participant

Psalm 22:10 Upon You I was cast from birth; You have been my God from my mother’s womb.

Psalm 49:7 No man can by any means redeem his brother Or give to God a ransom for him.

I Cor 10:3-5 and all ate the same spiritual food; 4 and all drank the same spiritual drink, for they were drinking from a spiritual rock which followed them; and the rock was Christ. 5 Nevertheless, with most of them God was not well-pleased; for they were laid low in the wilderness.

Anthony
    Participant

Hi Jodi

You said:Anthony when will you STOP explaining scripture in full ignorance to God’s word, His promises, that He had given to the prophets? Jesus fulfilled all these promises when He died on the Cross It would before full ignorance to you Jodi, your stuck on making out that Jesus is just a man. When will I stop telling you that Jesus is more then just a man, is when you accept it, or when you don’t respond to my post, showing that you just can’t win with progressive revelation of the New Covenant.

Later  therefore then just the book of Isaiah.

Anthony
    Participant

Jodi there’s more then just the book of Isaiah.

• Divine Messiah predicted in the Old Testament
      Isaiah 7:14 “Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.”1

“Immanuel” literally means: “God with us.” See also Matthew 1:23; Jesus was “God with us.”

• This Messiah would be born a human son, but have a higher nature
      Isaiah 9:6 “For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And He will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.”

This was a radical statement coming from a monotheistic Jewish prophet — especially calling a human being “Mighty God”; but one that God fulfilled centuries later in Christ.

• A couple hundred years later, but still more than half a millennium before Jesus walked the earth, more was predicted about the Messiah’s divine nature
      Daniel 7:13-14 “There before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven . . . He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all peoples, nations and men of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.”

“Son of Man” was the primary title Jesus used for Himself — and this passage shows that this was a clear and strong claim of deity. And in Mark, the earliest of the four Gospels, He also included the unmistakable phrase, “coming on the clouds of heaven” and applied it to Himself (Mark 14:62). His listeners got the point, refused to believe it, and added it to their reasons to try to kill Him.

Jesus is God – His Earthly Ministry

• The baby Jesus worshiped by the Magi
      Matthew 2:11 “On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him.”

Along with being led to the site where Jesus was born, these Magi were apparently informed by God about Jesus’ divine identity, and so they responded appropriately by worshiping Him.

• Jesus accepted worship from His disciples
      Matthew 14:32-33 “And when they climbed into the boat, the wind died down. Then those who were in the boat worshiped him, saying, ‘Truly you are the Son of God.’”

In a Jewish culture, only the one true God can be worshiped; their actions show that they acknowledged Jesus as being divine. And Jesus didn’t correct them or say, “Don’t you realize that I’m just a mortal prophet? Stop worshiping me!” Rather, He accepted their worship, knowing He really was God in human flesh.

• Jesus’ claim about Himself
      John 8:58-59 “‘I tell you the truth,’ Jesus answered, ‘before Abraham was born, I am!’ At this, they picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus hid himself, slipping away from the temple grounds.”

This is a powerful double claim from Jesus: first, that He pre-existed His human birth and was actually alive and present (as God) before Abraham; second, that His title was “I am” — which was the same title used for Jehovah God in Exodus 3:14. His listeners again got the point, and picked up stones to execute Him!

• Another of Jesus’ claims of deity
      John 10:30-33 “‘I and the Father are one.’ Again the Jews picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus said to them, ‘I have shown you many great miracles from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?’ ‘We are not stoning you for any of these,’ replied the Jews, ‘but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.’”

It couldn’t be clearer than it is here: Jesus’ highly educated listeners understood His claim of deity. They only had two possible responses: to humble themselves and bow before Him as the Magi and the disciples had done earlier, or reject His claim and judge Him as a blasphemer. Unfortunately they chose the latter option. But notice that Jesus doesn’t argue with their accusation, because it was accurate. He really was claiming to be God!

• Thomas’ response to the resurrected Jesus
      John 20:27-29 “Then He said to Thomas, ‘Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.’ Thomas said to him, ‘My Lord and my God!’ Then Jesus told him, ‘Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.’”

This disciple realized, because of Jesus’ resurrection, who Jesus really was — and humbly worshiped Him and declared His true identity: “My Lord and my God!” Jesus not only accepts this declaration, but blesses all of the disciples — and all of us today — who come to the same realization and place of humble worship. God bless

Viewing 20 posts - 821 through 840 (of 3,868 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account