The New Zealand Earthquake.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 114 total)
  • Author
    thehappyman
    Participant

I see in the news 75 have passed and 300 missing in NZ. Our prayers are for this country that is in mourning. May Father God comfort them all. Amen ……… Our prayers shall continue ! :(

karmarie
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Feb. 23 2011,22:26)
    It is also interesting that this uttermost part of the Earth is called Christ Church.

Quoted is part of a prophecy given by Rick Joyner in 1991.

Christchurch, New Zealand is literally “the uttermost part of  the
    earth” as it is geographically the most distant  major  city
    on  earth  from  Jerusalem.  This city has also been
    prophetically named; it will become a city that is a church  –  it
    will be the Lord's. Though you may be the city that was furtherest
    from the beginning of the church age, you are the closest  to  the
    last great move of the Holy Spirit – you will see the beginning of
    the movement that will close the church age. For this reason,  the
    Lord had you placed as the first nation on the international date-
    line and therefore the first nation to see the sun rise. You  will
    be the first to see the Son rise and the beginning of the  day  of
    the Lord.

If you see that city as a pattern for the Church, then we know that shaking starts with the household of God. Perhaps the first shake although quite harsh had little consequences because it is but a wake up call. The second shake has serious consequences.

That is really interesting, id never heard that before.

karmarie
    Participant

Quote (thehappyman @ Feb. 23 2011,23:05)
    I see in the news 75 have passed and 300 missing in NZ. Our prayers are for this country that is in mourning. May Father God comfort them all. Amen ………  Our prayers shall continue !   :(

Amen.

Baker
    Participant

Quote (karmarie @ Feb. 23 2011,17:53)
    Thank you Marty and Irene. My family are OK, shaken though. I think the worst thing for all of them there is the fact that they have had months of aftershocks from the last earthquake in September, so they're all really jumpy anyway, psychologically it would be hard. So now its happened again only worse. But your right Marty, it may be the thing that makes a lot of people turn to God, and that is a good prayer.

So glad all are doing fine. Still that is so sad for those who lost everything. Whether that is punishment from God or not…..still will pray….Amen Irene

Proclaimer
    Participant

New Zealand lies on the Australian and Pacific plates. So it is completely natural to have big earthquakes.

However, there are much higher earthquake risk areas than Christchurch. Wellington (where I am from) and the alpine faults are much bigger. There is also a significant number of volcanoes (even a super-volcano).

That said, it was quite weird that Christchurch survived a Haiti sized earthquake, only be be devastated by a big aftershock months later. So big in fact that it spawned its own aftershocks.

I am not sure how common that is, but I have never heard of this happening before.

Participant

Quote (karmarie @ Feb. 23 2011,17:53)
    Thank you Marty and Irene. My family are OK, shaken though. I think the worst thing for all of them there is the fact that they have had months of aftershocks from the last earthquake in September, so they're all really jumpy anyway, psychologically it would be hard. So now its happened again only worse. But your right Marty, it may be the thing that makes a lot of people turn to God, and that is a good prayer.

Hi Karamie:

Very happy to hear that your family is ok, and I am praying that God would give them wisdom for what to do in this situation. It may be time to leave and set up a home elsewhere even though it may be difficult for them to do.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Proclaimer
    Participant

They must have flown many of the injured to Wellington Hospital and then dispatched them here.
    I have seen quite a few people walking around patched up with bandages etc.
    The walking wounded.

Proclaimer
    Participant
    Baker
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Feb. 26 2011,08:06)
    http://www.christchurchquakemap.co.nz/

5000 quakes and counting.

Wow, is there more damage or lives lost???? I pray and hope not….
    Peace and Love Irene

Proclaimer
    Participant

Just 2 major quakes, the rest are aftershocks.
    There were 4000 or so aftershocks between the 2 big quakes.

karmarie
    Participant

5000 wow.

Marty and Irene and happyman, thankyou so much for your thoughts and prayers on this.

Baker
    Participant

Quote (karmarie @ Feb. 26 2011,09:16)
    5000 wow.

Marty and Irene and happyman, thankyou so much for your thoughts and prayers on this.

Your Welcome, just hope all is well. Have you heard from your relatives?
    Peace and Love Irene

Proclaimer
    Participant
    kerwin
    Participant

I am also glad that Karmarie and her household were blessed by God with good health even when tested by the shaking of the earth.

karmarie
    Participant

Kerwin, I wasnt in the earthquake, my family was though.

My parents were in the first one in september, but no-one was killed in that. They werent in this one but my cousins were. Two of their houses are flattened. The other cousins is damaged and shes still in it. But its her I worry about. She has two children and is the type of person who needs prayer. She has had a hard life. My thoughts are with her at this moment for some reason.

Thanks kerwin. And Irene.

It's quite emotional seeing it on TV.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Yes it is a time of mourning here in New Zealand. We are so use to living without danger and tragedy which usually happens in other countries and experienced on our TVs. Now it seems that we are experiencing what others have. My wife is from Colombia and they live with tragedy all the time whether it is natural (volcanoes/floods) or man-made.

I heard a comment recently that explained that New Zealand was being twisted and pulled by 2 plates rather than a simple slipping past of plates. Apparently this is unusual in the world.

Personally speaking, I am sort of expecting more stuff to happen. Especially volcanic activity. European occupation in New Zealand has been quite short and most Kiwis have no idea how rough it has been in the past. Although they certainly have an idea now. Taupo for example erupted in 186 AD and the Chinese and Romans recorded 3 days of darkness followed by brilliant sunsets for 6 months. It erupts every 2000 years or so. One scientist put it this way. If the Ring of Fire was a bus route, then Taupo is the main southern terminus.

I had a brother (he is no longer with us), who had a number of visions. One time he saw the eruption of Taupo as did I, and we both saw it differently and independently.

Proclaimer
    Participant

I should add that many of the buildings that fell are Churches.
    Christchurch's churches have fallen.
    It is time for the real Church, the Body of Christ to stand up.

karmarie
    Participant

I know what you mean t8. NZers are such good people and when you see things like this happen you realise it.

Interesting what you said. We were talking about that today, too.

Proclaimer
    Participant

OK, we just a reasonably big jolt here in Wellington.
    Thankfully it only lasted 5 seconds or so.

kerwin
    Participant

karmarie,

May God bless your cousin and family members that they may seek God and so benefit from these hardships as only those who love God can.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 114 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account