The MAN OF SIN

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

2 Ths2 teaches about the man of sin that was to come, being desplayed as a God and Worshiped as such also. It is my belife that there is no real “man of sin” it is a “Lie” about Jesus being a God, that the fallen (apostate) churches have created, a “Lie” which Jesus will abolish at his return out of his own mouth.

What say you JODI AND ALL OTHERS ALSO. Please read 2 Ths2, and ask in prayer for a true understanding of what the apostle was prophecing about.

Peace and love to you all and yours. ………..gene

Jodi
    Participant

Good Morning Gene,

Just had a wonderful bible study so far this morning on this topic. Thank you for bringing up this passage! I will be putting my scriptures together and posting later today.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To all……remember the man of “Sin” is saying he or the “image” of him, breakes the comandments of God.

The first commandment say, “we are to have “no” other God besides me, we are to make “no image” of him in heaven above or earth beneath.

Also remember that it was a “LIE” that those who did not love the truth, would be given, by a deluding spirit from God they would believe.

Preaching Jesus as a God and worshiping him as such is a “LIE”, which turns the “image” of Jesus into a man of sin.

Also remember that iniquity was already beginning to work at the very time Paul prophecied about it. Many think it is yet to come, but it was beginning to take place at the very time Paul wrote about. The falling away of the church was beginning to taking place at that very time and that false teaching of Jesus being a God, came to fullition at the council of NECA IN 325 AD, through the doctrine of the trinity, which has been preached in the fallen churches ever since, and will not change until Jesus himself returns and he himself abolishes it.

Peace and love to you all and yours. ……..gene

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Gene,

I agree with you the man of sin is the false god Jesus, and the worship of him as a god is a continuation of man worshiping false gods throughout history, where they have taken the created creature and made that creature into a god.

2 Thess 2:1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him, 2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. 3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; 4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. 5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things? 6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time. 7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way. 8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: 9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, 10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness. 13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth: 14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. 15 Therefore*, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or* our epistle. 16 Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace

Romans 1: 21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, 23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. 24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: 25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. ..28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; 29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, 30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,: 32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Parallels between 2 Thess and Romans

Men deceiving

False gods

The people did not love the truth, so God gave them over to delusions.

Destruction of the unrighteous

Reading 2 Thess 2 drew my mind to reread Romans 1, and not only did I see the parallel between the two, but also in Romans 1 a particular verse caught my attention.

1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

Jesus was born in the flesh able to die, he was made mortal.

Romans 1:1 Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God, 2 (Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,) 3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh; 4 And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

In verse 23 uncorruptible represents immortality and corruptible mortality. Jesus was indeed mortal he was made of the seed of David according to the flesh, and he did indeed DIE!!

The trinity doctrine takes the mortal man Jesus and makes him into a pre-existing god. They likewise take the CREATED CHRIST and make him into a god. Talk about authors of confusion!!

Christ/Messiah was a PROMISE, as Romans proclaims as also in Acts 2, and that promise was manifested in the man Jesus UPON his resurrection.

Acts 2: 29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day. 30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne; 31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption. 32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses. 33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear. 34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, 35 Until I make* thy foes thy footstool*. 36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Jesus was MADE BOTH LORD and CHRIST upon his resurrection. He is referred to as Christ in scripture because in NT scripture it was written after he had been raised from the dead and because he was identified as the promise given to David, given to Moses, given to Abraham, to be the MAN anointed with the Spirit to obtain immortality. He had two anointings, the first at his baptism giving him the powers of God’s Spirit, and the second at his resurrection giving him eternal life. Jesus was MADE a TRUE SON of God and the CHRIST, once He was given eternal life, both Acts and Romans state this directly. CHRIST means ANOINTED, anointed with the Holy Spirit of God, “having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost”. Jesus the son of man became a TRUE SON of God when he no longer had an adversary- his MORTAL flesh as a tempter, attempting to pull him away from the will of God. In his immortality he was fully united with God being of God’s will both in mind and body, all through the works of God’s Spirit.

Jesus was MADE mortal according to the seed of David, and he was MADE immortal according to the power of the Holy Spirit.  To say that Jesus is God is to DESTROY both the identity of Jesus, and DESTROY the identity and work of the ONE TRUE God the Father.

Jesus the son of man as “God the Son”, is a son of peridition/destruction.

2 Thess 2 clearly identifies the SIN behind believing that a son of man can likewise be a god.

Hebrews 2: 6 But one testified in a certain place, saying: “What is man that You are mindful of him, Or the son of man that You take care of him? 7 You have MADE him a little lower than the angels; You have CROWNED him with glory and honor, And set him over the works of Your hands. 8 You have put all things in subjection under his feet.” For in that He put all in subjection under him, He left nothing that is not put under him. But now we do not yet see all things put under him. 9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels, for the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, that he, by the grace of God, might taste death for everyone. 10 For it was fitting for Him, for whom are all things and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons to glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings. 11 For both he who sanctifies and those who are being sanctified are all of ONE, for which reason he is not ashamed to call them brethren,

Hebrew 9: 13 For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh: 14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God? 15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance. 16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.

Jesus is identified as the son of man of whom God HAS TAKEN CARE OF. God MADE Jesus perfect through suffering and then crowned him with the glory and honor of eternal life. Jesus was made perfect through God’s Spirit, and we are made perfect through Jesus, all becoming of ONE, and is why Jesus is not ashamed to call us his brothers.

Jodi
    Participant

CREATURE —- Transliterated Word     Ktisis

the act of creating, creation the act of founding, establishing, building etc

1. creation i.e. thing created
      1. of individual things, beings, a creature, a creation 1b
    2. anything created

Romans 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature

2 Thess 2:3…..man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; 4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Romans 1:3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was MADE of the seed of David according to the flesh;

Hebrews 2:6… “What is man that You are mindful of him, Or the son of man that You take care of him? 7 You have MADE him a little lower than the angels; You have CROWNED him with glory and honor, And set him over the works of Your hands.

Acts 2:36 …that God hath MADE that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Made Transliterated Word    Poieo

to make
    with the names of things made, to produce, construct, form, fashion, etc.
    to be the authors of, the cause
    to make ready, to prepare
    to produce, bear, shoot forth

Jodi
    Participant

The man of sin is the false god Jesus. The delusions are strong as people ignore the very word and meaning of CHRIST, which is MAN anointed with God’s Spirit, not an eternal god. They turn God’s glory into SHAME as they turn CHRIST into a god, and not into the works of God that were performed on earth.

They likewise turn God’s promise into SHAME, denying the man who bought them creating damnable heresies.

John 6:33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.

What came down from heaven? What giveth life unto the world?

Acts 2:33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having RECEIVED of the Father the PROMISE of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

Genesis 12: 1 Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father’s house, unto a land that I will shew thee: 2 And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing: 3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

Deuteronomy 18:15 The LORD thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken;

Luke 24:19 And he said unto them, what things? And they said unto him, Concerning Jesus of Nazareth, which was a prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people: 20 And how the chief priests and our rulers delivered him to be condemned to death, and have crucified him.

Acts 3: 22 For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you. 23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people. 24 Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days. 25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.

2 Samuel 7: 12 And when thy days be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom. 13 He shall build a house for my name, and I will stablish the throne of his kingdom for ever. 14 I will be his father, and he shall be my son.

God sent down HIS PROMISE, which was His Spirit onto the man Jesus being RAISED UP from the seed of David as a great prophet.

God sent down HIS PROMISE , which was His Spirit RAISING UP Jesus from the dead giving him eternal life.  

What giveth life? The fulfillment of a PROMISE born of the seed of David, or a pre-existing Son?

Acts 13: 33 God hath in full completed this to us their children, having raised up Jesus, as also in the second Psalm it hath been written, My Son thou art — I to-day have begotten thee.

Romans 1:1 Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God, 2 (Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,) 3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh; 4 And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

Who returns to earth to complete God’s promises??… a pre-existing son of God, or a perfected son of man that fulfilled a promise to be MADE a Son of God? 

God spoke to David telling him that of his seed He would BECOME a Father, God did not tell David that He was ALREADY a Father, to a son who He would send down. Scripture does not tell us that God would send down a son from heaven and transform him into a human. Scripture tells us that God would perfect a man, by sending down His Spirit giving an anointing of that Spirit, and in that perfection He would MAKE Himself a Son.

This MAN of which God MADE on earth perfecting him through His Spirit, first in his mind and then afterwards with an immortal body, is what brings us LIFE.

People have turned what God MADE into a god, and Jesus will destroy this god with the brightness of his coming in the brightness of his glory, which is of a perfected man.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Jodi….AMEN SISTER YOU HAVE IT RIGHT.

Peace and love to you and yours. ……gene

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account