The Man from heaven

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 191 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Adam Pastor,
    Acts 22 6f
    6″(A)But it happened that as I was on my way, approaching Damascus about noontime, a very bright light suddenly flashed from heaven all around me,

7and I fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to me, 'Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?'

8″And I answered, 'Who are You, Lord?' And He said to me, 'I am (B)Jesus the Nazarene, whom you are persecuting.'

9″And those who were with me Âsaw the light, to be sure, but (D)did not understand the voice of the One who was speaking to me.

10″And I said, '(E)What shall I do, Lord?' And the Lord said to me, 'Get up and go on into Damascus, and there you will be told of all that has been appointed for you to do.'

Jesus was in heaven. He appeared and spoke to Paul on earth in a spiritual form. Paul was certainly made personally aware of spiritual beings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Adam Pastor,
    Your words:
    “If Jesus was first “a spirit of divine nature who was sent from heaven to come in flesh,” to use your words,
    it would contradict the very point that Paul is making.

Paul said “However the spiritual is not first, but the natural; then the spiritual”.

In other words, Paul simply has no concept of Jesus being something or someone else before being a man; he has no concept of Jesus being “a spirit of divine nature” before being conceived in the womb of Mary, his mother.

To Paul, the man Jesus was a natural albeit sinless, supernaturally conceived human being right up to his death.
    Whereby after 3 days, GOD raised him from the dead, immortalized, glorified and exalted him, and made him,
    'a life-giving spirit'

Hence, “first the natural; then the spiritual”

The scripture in context is as shown here:
    1Cor 15
    42(A)So also is the resurrection of the dead It is sown (B)a perishable body, it is raised ©an imperishable body;

43it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in (D)glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power;

44it is sown a (E)natural body, it is raised a (F)spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body.

45So also it is written, “The first (G)MAN, Adam, BECAME A LIVING SOUL ” The (H)last Adam became a (I)life-giving spirit.

46However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural; then the spiritual.

47The first man is (J)from the earth, (K)earthy; the second man is from heaven.

48As is the earthy, so also are those who are earthy; and as is the heavenly, (L)so also are those who are heavenly.

49Just as we have (M)borne the image of the earthy, [a]we (N)will also bear the image of the heavenly.”

So the single grain of wheat sown, Jesus[Jn 12.24f], produced a crop for God. The first fruits was Christ himself and then those in him are raised at the first resurrection.

So these verses do not relate to the nature of the only begotten God who was with God in the beginning but only according to his flesh nature which he partook of in Mary.

He became flesh for us to rescue us who are flesh, and the planting of his flesh in death, gave hope to all flesh who find life in him.

NickHassan
    Participant

This is topical

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Jesus is the man from heaven. He will only manifest fully as the man from heaven when he returns. He has a heavenly body now in heaven as flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom and when we are raised or taken we too will have put on the imperishable.
    He has ascended.
    He has descended.
    He will come again.
    Maranatha Lord Jesus.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Jn 3
    ” 11″Truly, truly, I say to you, we speak of what we know and testify of what we have seen, and you do not accept our testimony.

12″If I told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things?

13″No one has ascended into heaven, but He who descended from heaven: the Son of Man.”

So here Jesus speaks for himself and the Father with him. WE. Two witnesses.

” 14Jesus answered, “Even if I testify on my own behalf, my testimony is valid, for I know where I came from and where I am going. But you have no idea where I come from or where I am going. 15You judge by human standards; I pass judgment on no one. 16But if I do judge, my decisions are right, because I am not alone. I stand with the Father, who sent me. 17In your own Law it is written that the testimony of two men is valid. 18I am one who testifies for myself; my other witness is the Father, who sent me. I am one who testifies for myself; my other witness is the Father, who sent me.”

He is a man, a son of Adam which means man.
    He is from heaven.
    He could have spoken about things of heaven.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    1Thess 1
    ” 4Knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God.

5For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake.

6And ye became followers of us, and of the Lord, having received the word in much affliction, with joy of the Holy Ghost.

7So that ye were ensamples to all that believe in Macedonia and Achaia.

8For from you sounded out the word of the Lord not only in Macedonia and Achaia, but also in every place your faith to God-ward is spread abroad; so that we need not to speak any thing.

9For they themselves shew of us what manner of entering in we had unto you, and how ye turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God;

10And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.”

So God has a SON FROM HEAVEN.
    The gospel of God is one of power in the Spirit.
    We turn from idols to serve God who raised His Son.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Jesus is called the MAN from heaven.
    So God could not have come in the flesh.
    God is not a puny man.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Dan 7
    ” 9I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.

10A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.

11I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame.

12As concerning the rest of the beasts, they had their dominion taken away: yet their lives were prolonged for a season and time.

13I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.

14And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.”

The MAN FROM HEAVEN seen with His Father God in heaven.

Two not three.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    There are some that teach
    that the man from heaven
    was not a man but God.
    ahem.

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

jeff
    Participant

Quote (malcolm ferris @ May 01 2006,07:22)
    I CORINTHIANS 15:47
    The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.

The word Lord here is Kurios which is used througout as Lord in the New Testament. Translating it as “man” is not so good in my opinion…

“We shall know him for we shall be like him”
    God is the first and the last which means his will will be in all from the second to the last
    the true Godhead
    Yah is the head of Messiah the Messiah is the head of Man man is the Head of woman.
    If a woman laves her will to take up her husbands then she and he is one of the same will if then that man leaves his will and takes up the Messiah will then that man is Messiah they are one and we know that the Messiah did only that which the father commanded.
    So the God head is all in all who obey him

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (malcolm ferris @ May 01 2006,07:22)
    I CORINTHIANS 15:47
    The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.

The word Lord here is Kurios which is used througout as Lord in the New Testament. Translating it as “man” is not so good in my opinion…

I agree Malcolm.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Christ is a man and yet is from heaven.
    No other men came from heaven.
    Only the monogenes Son emptied himself and was fitted as man.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Again the clamouring crowds are heard that say they do not want this man to be their Lord.
    They say they have only one Lord God and none appointed over us.
    Nothing is new.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Some struggle with Jesus being a man.
    He is the man from heaven.
    An anointed man.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Jesus is indeed THE MAN FROM HEAVEN.

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

Not3in1
    Participant

Thanks for bumping this, Nick.

I have some time tonight before we leave on a short vacation – I'll take a look at what is here.
    Mandy

gollamudi
    Participant

Can any man live in heaven prior to Jesus the man's ascention to heaven?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gm,
    Natural men, flesh and blood, cannot enter the kingdom and live in heaven.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 191 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account