The letter kills, but the Spirit gives life

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Thank you also Kerwin for your insight.

kerwin
    Participant

Ed,

Thank you!

Miia
    Participant

The book of Revelation promises those who read it and those who hear it will be blessed.
    “Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy” (Revelation 1:3)

“I believe Revelation should be left alone by most people” – Miia

I have read and received the book, and heard and understood the words of the prophecy. And, I certainly do believe that most people should keep their opinions on the book to themselves, because they may be wrong on its meaning.

When I first studied the book looking for an understanding I prayed very deeply first. I took pen and paper and drew what I thought was being communicated through the described imagery. After a few chapters I realized each was a repeat (reiterations, or the same stories being retold in different ways). I then realized it was not in any type of chronological order, and I felt to stop. I went online to see who else believed this, and The Eastern Orthodox Church did also.

Quote from Wikipedia: “While the Orthodox consider the text of the Apocalypse (Book of Revelation) to be a part of Scripture, it is also regarded to be a mystery. Speculation on the contents of Revelation are minimal and it is never read as part of the regular order of services. Those theologians who have delved into its pages tend to be amillennialist in their eschatology, believing that the “thousand years” spoken of in biblical prophecy refers to the present time: from the Crucifixion of Christ until the Second Coming. While it is not usually taught in church it is often used as a reminder of God’s promise to those who love Him, and of the benefits of avoiding sinful passions.” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Orthodox_Church

It is too open to speculation. And, though it IS for us to read; it should not be taught or used in public, if it is not understood.

kerwin
    Participant

To whomever it may concern,

Not all who read the book of Revelation have eyes that see and not all that hear it spoken have ears to hear it. Seek first God’s righteousness and his kingdom and all else will be given to you.(Matthew 6:33)

Miia
    Participant

To whomever it may concern,

Not all who read the book of Revelation have eyes that see and not all that hear it spoken have ears to hear it. Seek first God’s righteousness and his kingdom and all else will be given to you.(Matthew 6:33)

Amen.

Miia
    Participant

My question is: where does the Apostle Paul say God is going to destroy the Earth?

Ed, wrong thread.

Miia
    Participant

And no. I don’t follow all of Paul’s epistles either. Some.

Hi Miia,

It seems the Apostle Peter along with most Christians would disagree with you.

Ed,

For one I do not CARE if other Christians do not agree. For two, I read and quote much of Paul, but some of Paul I do not understand, so I do not TRY to understand, and when it comes to what I don’t understand of Paul, I choose to follow the words of Jesus who I DO understand.

kerwin
    Participant

Miia,

Jesus can be as cryptic or more so than Paul especially when he using metaphysical words to impart Spiritual truths.

Google:

the branch of philosophy that deals with the first principles of things, including abstract concepts such as being, knowing, substance, cause, identity, time, and space.

Here is one example.

John 6:35Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

Miia
    Participant

Miia,

Jesus can be as cryptic or more so than Paul especially when he using metaphysical words to impart Spiritual truths.

I loved Jesus’ often cryptic words, but found much of Paul “hard to understand”, as Peter said, and rather than twist his words, I leave what I do not understand ALONE!

Here is one example.

John 6:35Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

Hmm.

“Behold, the days are coming,” declares the Lord God,
    “when I will send a famine on the land—
    not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water,
    but of hearing the words of the Lord.
    They shall wander from sea to sea,
    and from north to east;
    they shall run to and fro, to seek the word of the Lord,
    but they shall not find it.” (Amos 8.11)

AndrewAD
    Participant

Can one just seek first the kingdom of God without the book of Revelation? but some only find “the word of the Lord” in the book of Revelation because they can make it agree with all current events in the world and their own current thoughts too.

terraricca
    Participant

can someone read and understand the truth in scriptures by only pay attention to one of the book or letters in the scriptures ? NO,NO.NO

the whole scriptures or nothing if your intentions are to study the scriptures,

the truth does not lay in words but in the spirit of them ,

to many waste their time to look at the words and so missing the truth in them

Ed J
    Participant

And no. I don’t follow all of Paul’s epistles either. Some.

Hi Miia,

It seems the Apostle Peter along with most Christians would disagree with you.

“Even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
    As also in all his epistles, speaking in them OF THESE THINGS; in which are some things
    hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do
    also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.
    ” (2Peter 3:15-16)

The Apostle Peter says the Apostle Paul is also speaking in them of these things;
    My question is: where does the Apostle Paul say God is going to destroy the Earth?

Ed, wrong thread.

Hi Miia,

Nice dodge, I will import this to the correct thread so you will be able to answer, OK? [b](Link to Thread)[/b]

Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account