The last generation will only hear things that “tickle their ears”

This topic contains 40 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  t8 15 hours, 15 minutes ago.

• Author
     t8 
    Participant
    • Topics started 879
    • Total replies 17,909

What”tickles the ears” of many Christians is hearing they are the last generation, but every generation including Jesus’s has been.

And our own lives are shorter than waiting for the return of the messiah.

So best to say that we meet God when we die and possibly before that if the messiah returns. And we can die any day.

In saying that. Jesus was often specific about a certain generation with descriptions that are pretty close to these days more than any other.

t8 
    Participant
    • Topics started 879
    • Total replies 17,909

Of course, 20 years from now, a generation might even be closer to that description.

Of course, we must always be ready because we do not know what day will be our last.

miia 
    Participant
    • Topics started 25
    • Total replies 1,445

@AndrewAD

Jesus will come at a time is least expected.

Bible says that in the last days will be critical times hard to deal with.
    Men will be lovers of themselves rather than lovers of God.
    They will have a form of Godly devotion but prove false to its power.
    Dos that not sound like today: men being lovers of themselves, critical times that for the intuitive Christian are definitely hard to deal with (but not in the way most would assume) – and Jesus saying he will come at a time that is least expected, when people are half asleep?

t8 
    Participant
    • Topics started 879
    • Total replies 17,909

Yes true miia.

Seems weird. On one hand we have the signs to tell us, and on the other, it comes by surprise,

They key is this verse I feel.

But you, brothers and sisters, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief.

t8 
    Participant
    • Topics started 879
    • Total replies 17,909

Hi T8,

If you could grasp prophecy you would not see others as enemies.

Nick, I do not speak to you that I do because of my grasp or lack of grasp for prophecy.

No. It is your reluctance to say yes or no and your accusations toward others here saying they are not being led by the Spirit when what you really mean is not believing in your doctrine. The religious world is full of judgemental people who will be held to account for all the people they hindered into the Kingdom when they were at knocking at the door. What I say is true. The Pharisees will be judged for doing that and so will all religious bigots. I hope no one here is or becomes one of these. But the relality is, some choose to be that person and for some, it will be too late to say sorry when they realise what they became.

miia 
    Participant
    • Topics started 25
    • Total replies 1,445

Yes true miia.

Seems weird. On one hand we have the signs to tell us, and on the other, it comes by surprise,

They key is this verse I feel.

But you, brothers and sisters, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief.

Hi t8.

Firstly, that verse is about “that day” sneaking up on us like a thief.

“That day” is obviously the day which Peter speaks about in the chapter of 2nd Peter 3.

So we have to be ready for “that day”, and not some other day. Our beliefs on that day have to be solid (so we are not misled).

Secondly… It’s starting to make sense to me. There are many today who prophecy that the end is coming, and show us signs. But are they awake or are they half asleep. If they are living in sin then they are half asleep. They are not ready.

If we can overcome the temptations of the world, and understand how God is feeling and perhaps why God is silent. If we can see that our own sins are distancing us from God, merely by we ourselves distancing ourselves from God by the walls we put up, then… to simply return to God through overcoming our own obstacles… would mean that with God we would be awake and not half asleep. If that makes sense?

God is love, and God forgives us.

Someone said to me today that God is just waiting.

But that day will come like a thief in the night. When people least expect it.

People look for signs. They look for war and suffering on a global scale. To me, the sign is complacency, among other things.

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 68,961

Hi,

Matt 16.22

Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him saying

’God forbid it Lord! This shall never happen to you’

But he turned and said to Peter

’Get behind me satan! You are a stumbling block to me; for you are not setting your mind on God’s interests but man’s’

So the first attack on the kingdom by Satan was to offer humanism instead of the truth of God.

Greek logic philosophy infiltrated the teachings and gained acceptance.

Isaac Newton too, is regarded as a humanist.

AndrewAD 
    Participant
    • Topics started 1
    • Total replies 765

“Jesus was often specific about a certain generation with descriptions that are pretty close to these days more than any other.”

Yes Jesus was specific about a certain generation but in the context of those descriptions is the destruction of the Jerusalem of his own time. The descriptions are closer to his own time than any other. And Jesus was very specific when he said “Truly I say unto you there are some standing here who shall not taste death until they see the kingdom of God after it has come with power” and this idea is reiterated throughout the gospels.

The last days and second coming have always tickled peoples ears and throughout Christian history every generation has been the last with differing prophecy scenarios for each one.

t8 
    Participant
    • Topics started 879
    • Total replies 17,909

Isaac Newton too, is regarded as a humanist.

ha ha ha. By who and what authority?

Regarded by who, Nick?

I see you like to judge all but yourself.

We should judge ourselves first because we will meet God and give an account. Better now than then.

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 68,961

Hi T8,

amen

t8 
    Participant
    • Topics started 879
    • Total replies 17,909

I amen your amen.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2018 Heaven Net

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account