The Holy Spirit

This topic contains 2,693 replies, has 66 voices, and was last updated by  Ed J 3 weeks, 1 day ago.

• Author
     digger 
    • Topics started 1
    • Total replies 0

Question: The Spirit with no PERSONAL NAME

If the Holy spirit is the third person in a trinity why does the Holy Spirit not possess a personal name after all the Father has a personal name: Jehovah/Yahweh and the Son of God has a personal name Jesus and He was also named Michael the Archangel Thess 4:16 in His former existence.
    Yet search through the scriptures and you will find there is no personal name for the Holy Spirit which proves there is only ONE TRUE GOD the Father and only ONE LORD JESUS the SON of the Father. Therefore the Holy Spirit is God's power/force and love but not a person.

Is 1:18 
    • Topics started 14
    • Total replies 3,242

Digger,
    You wrote:

“He was also named Michael the Archangel Thess 4:16 in His former existence”

Please explain to me how it was that you reached this conclusion. I would be interested to know.

t8 
    Participant
    • Topics started 884
    • Total replies 18,229

Probably the Watchtower/JWs.

• Topics started 14
    • Total replies 3,242

Yes, I guessed that. Pity he/she didn't respond – I was looking forward to the exchange. :;):

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 69,855

People who hear voices often have a spirit of madness, in my experience, not the Holy Spirit. Religious people have a spirit of religion, not the Holy Spirit.

God wants us to check if the spirit we have is the Holy Spirit.That is why He gave us the Word as they prove each other.

He gives us the Spirit as a seal of the promise of salvation.2 Cor 13.5. 1 Jn 4.1-3.Eph 1.13-14.2Cor 1.22. 1 Jn 5.7-9

ringo111 
    • Topics started 6
    • Total replies 169

Religious people have a spirit of religion

? what a nonsense saying !!!

1 Timothy 5:4
    But if a widow has children or grandchildren, these should learn first of all to put their religion into practice by caring for their own family and so repaying their parents and grandparents, for this is pleasing to God.

James 1:26
    If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight rein on his tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless.

James 1:27
    Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

Please think about this non-sense belief of yours, that Christianity is not a religion.

For it is A religion!!! That GoD accepts as pure and faultless!!!

*As from Dictionary.com

1*Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers regarded as creator and governor of the universe.
    2*A personal or institutionalized system grounded in such belief and worship.
    3*The life or condition of a person in a religious order.
    4*A set of beliefs, values, and practices based on the teachings of a spiritual leader.
    5*A cause, principle, or activity pursued with zeal or conscientious devotion.

Everyone has religion, even if you dont believe in GoD. Please stop this foolish catchfraze, That foolish men have promoted.

As for the role of the holy spirit.

HE guides into all truth, Tells men what to say, Speaks for men at times.

So these people could be speaking by the Holyspirit, or delusional as you say. That is why we must use the system of weighing and discerning, like the disciples kept from what Jesus showed them. That is, refering everything back to the Old Testiment which was theyre scripture, for the new Testiment was only writings, and not what they considered scripture.

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 69,855

Dear Ringo,
    You look and look but never seem to see. The very verse in James you quoted about religion is exactly what I mean. And it is God's definition but not the definition of religion the world and the denominations believe in.

ringo111 
    • Topics started 6
    • Total replies 169

James 1:27
    Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

Religion!!!!

daughterofthecarpenter 
    • Topics started 4
    • Total replies 3

The night i was filled with the Holy Spirit i saw a vision of Jesus as i was being filled. I was glad. It helped me to not dought the gift. Now when I am down I pray in the spirit and I get comforted. :D

• Topics started 14
    • Total replies 3,242

Hi,
    Im intrigued. Tell me about your vision.
    God Bless

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 69,855

The Holy Spirit is also known as The Spirit,the Spirit of the Lord as well as the Spirit of God and the Spirit of Jesus.

Anything of God is holy so the use of Holy Spirit is descriptive.

Interesting that Jesus would not allow men to call Him Holy.

He also is forgiving of blasphemy against Himself but not against the Holy Spirit.

The Father lives in Heaven [Our Father who art in Heaven]and sends His Spirit to men on earth.

• Topics started 14
    • Total replies 3,242

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 28 2004,22:43)
    Interesting that Jesus would not allow men to call Him Holy.

Where is your scriptural reference here?

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 69,855

Well spotted Is .
    The word I should have used was GOOD . Jesus said only the Father was good. Is goodness part of holiness?-possibly but holiness brings in the aspect of sacredness too.

• Topics started 14
    • Total replies 3,242

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 29 2004,04:42)
    Well spotted Is .
    The word I should have used was GOOD . Jesus said only the Father was good.

Hi N.H,
    I think this verse is misunderstood. Afterall, we know Jesus WAS good – there are many passage that describe Him as sinless, Holy, righteous, undefiled etc. In Lk 18:19, Mk 10:18 etc He didn't say specifically 'I am not good', he said “no one is good but God alone”. He was likely trying to get the certain ruler (Lk 18:19) to stop and think about what he was saying when he called Him good. It can be interpreted (and many do) as Jesus' attempt to convey something along the lines of 'do you really understand what you are saying when you say that?, are you ascribing to me what should only be ascribed to God'. Make sense?
    God Bless

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 69,855

Yes Is ,and Jesus was humble. He never exalted himself but was the perfect servant. “Meek and humble of heart”
    As Is 53 describes our Saviour
    ” He grew up like a sapling before him, like a shoot from the parched earth. There was in Him no stately bearing to make us look at Him, nor appearance that would attract us to Him. He was spurned and avoided by men, a man of suffering ,accustomed to infirmity. One of those from whom men hide their faces ,spurned and we held him in no esteem. Yet it was our infirmities that He bore ,our sufferings that He endured ,while we thought of Him as one smitten by God and afflicted.”

Why did He say of himself in Lk 4.23
    ” You will doubtless quote Me the proverb 'Physician heal thyself'”?

Was He crippled or scarred ? He certainly did not have the tall stately bearing all the paintings of Him seem to show.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 2,694 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2018 Heaven Net

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account