The carnal mind

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Natural men think naturally in a carnal or fleshly way.

Romans 8:7
    Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Reborn men too can continue to walk in these ways.

1 Corinthians 3:3
    For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

Even some of the ways of the Law are carnal.

Hebrews 7:16
    Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life.

Hebrews 9:10
    Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.

But Christ came that men might have their minds reeducated of the Spirit so they can grasp godly matters.

Rom12
    2And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Romans 8:6
    For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

1 Corinthians 3:1
    And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.

Eph4
    23And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….where does it say reborn men can continue to walk Carnally, if they do then they were not reborn then. The mind of the man of God is not the same as a carnal minded person.

You really don't Know what the (GRACE) of God is or what it does in a persons life do You;

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    So the letters Paul wrote to the saints
    were not to those who were not yet perfect?
    If they were not perfect yet that proves they were not saints?

Sorry but we do not believe in magic.
    We are yet ignorant and being transformed

How about you?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…No man who is born of the Spirit of God will continue to walk in carnal ways because the spirit will convict Him of his errors and the GRACE of GOD will drive Him to repentance.

Your inference that i believe in magic is an out right lie, And your are right you do seem to be ignorant of what the word of God says, you appear to still be on milk and are unable to understand many spiritual things that should be oblivious to you. In time you may come to see them, I hope so.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Then Paul should not have written to the neophytes warning them to ensure their election and to walk in the way?

Your own continuous expression of contempt for others reflects rather poorly on someone who claims his footing is secure.

Shania
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 08 2008,08:04)
    Nick….where does it say reborn men can continue to walk Carnally,  if they do then they were not reborn then. The mind of the man of God is not the same as a carnal minded person.

Heb 6:4-6

4 It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, 5 who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age, 6 if they fall away, to be brought back to repentance, because to their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace.
    NIV

These are people who “fall away”  that must mean that they once had a strong footing in their walk.  These are people who have shared in the Holy Spirit.  You can't do that if you are not saved- light does not abide with darkness.  They were “in” Him but somehow “fell out.”   What does it say about them?

6 if they fall away, to be brought back to repentance, because to their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace.
    NIV

Here is another one:

Rev 3:14-16
    15 I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! 16 So, because you are lukewarm — neither hot nor cold — I am about to spit you out of my mouth.
    NIV

Other translations say “vomit.”  If He is able to “vomit” us out, that must mean that we are in His body.  Those in His body that do not repent get “vomitted” out.

This is why He warns us:

Rev 3:19-22
    19 Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest, and repent. 20 Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me.
    21 To him who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I overcame and sat down with my Father on his throne.
    NIV

His lovingkindness is good and He is patient, but we have to repent in order to have fellowship with Him.  This is a choice that we have to make.  If He made it for us, he would not warn us like He does.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..there you go again lying i have no contempt for others maybe you but seem to, Just face it you do not know the scriptures or you could have easily understood what me and others are talking about.

If anyone has contempt it's you for God Mercy on all. you seem to be the one who can't stand that, even thought you have been given many scriptures to prove it. Lets face it you hate the idea a LOVING FATHER WILL SAVE ALL HIS CREATION. YET AS BY FIRE>intense judgments. But thanks be to GOD it's not up to you.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Shania,
    Well presented.
    Thanks

Quote (Shania @ July 08 2008,06:13)

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 08 2008,08:04)
    Nick….where does it say reborn men can continue to walk Carnally,  if they do then they were not reborn then. The mind of the man of God is not the same as a carnal minded person.

Heb 6:4-6

4 It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, 5 who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age, 6 if they fall away, to be brought back to repentance, because to their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace.
    NIV

These are people who “fall away”  that must mean that they once had a strong footing in their walk.  These are people who have shared in the Holy Spirit.  You can't do that if you are not saved- light does not abide with darkness.  They were “in” Him but somehow “fell out.”   What does it say about them?

6 if they fall away, to be brought back to repentance, because to their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace.
    NIV

Here is another one:

Rev 3:14-16
    15 I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! 16 So, because you are lukewarm — neither hot nor cold — I am about to spit you out of my mouth.
    NIV

Other translations say “vomit.”  If He is able to “vomit” us out, that must mean that we are in His body.  Those in His body that do not repent get “vomitted” out.

This is why He warns us:

Rev 3:19-22
    19 Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest, and repent. 20 Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me.
    21 To him who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I overcame and sat down with my Father on his throne.
    NIV

His lovingkindness is good and He is patient, but we have to repent in order to have fellowship with Him.  This is a choice that we have to make.  If He made it for us, he would not warn us like He does.

Shania

Amen!  Excellent post.

Sloppy Agape will not cut it. Men cannot do as they please and believe they have no responsibility in working out their own salvation with fear and with trembling.

The “Way” of Salvation and the sacrifice is sure and complete and cannot be added to.

But the sacrifice is available to those who believe and repent, denying themselves and taking up their cross and following him.

It is the gift to those who “recieve” it and not to those who “reject” it.

Blessings  WJ

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Shania…..> Lets read read the verse you quoted, “it is impossible (IF) they Fall away, to renew them again to repentance since they crucify again for themselves the son of GOD and put to an open shame. For the earth which drinks in the rain that often comes upon it, and bears herbs useful for those by whom it is cultivated, receives blessings from GOD. but (IF) it bears thorns and briers, it is rejected and near to being cursed, whose end is to be burned…> 8…> But, Beloved, we are confident of (better things concerning YOU) , Yes things concerning salvation, though we speak in this manner.

What Paul it would be impossible to restore them to repentance (IF) they fell away. And then later he says he is (confident of Better things concerning them) To deny their ability to remain faithful would be to deny the Grace of God Himself . The Fact is if you are good ground you will produce good fruit and if you are not you wont no matter how much rain comes upon you. For every tree is known by its fruit, and a good tree (cannot) produce bad fruit and a bad tree cannot produce good fruit. If your are a good tree you will produce good fruit. if not you wont.

peace ……gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    So Paul taught it was possible to fall away.
    But you would say falling away is some sort of proof they were never saved anyway?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    So branches that are grafted into the vine that do not produce fruit are cut off and cast into the fire.
    They are actually joined to the vine though are they not before this happens?
    So we must allow the sap to flow through us into fruit.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…Right those who fall away God is not working with at this time they are not Saints of God. They are like all those who come to Christ when He comes and say Lord in YOUR Name we DID and these Great WORKS, They are “religious” people who think by their good works they are going to make it into the kingdom, many believe that even now. But their works couldn't deliver them could it. The true elect of God will do what the Father says, because He is leading them by his spirit, and they don't trust in them selves but in GOD, who workd in them (BOTH) to WILL and do of His GOOD PLEASURE>

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    THose who are grafted into the vine of Jesus have become joined with him.
    They are not those who have not listened but those who have and have obeyed.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….the question should be who Grafted them in to the vine, No man cna come unto me except the Father drag him, God is the vine dresser and He grafts into the vine who ever (HE) choses. If you knew any thing about grafting into vines you would know the vine dresser does the grafting not the branches themselves.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    So if God grafted them into the vine
    they can still be thrown into the fire?

gollamudi
    Participant

Amen to all those posts brother Gene.
    Peace to you
    Adam

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    So the carnal mind cannot produce useful fruit.
    It relies on speculation, opinion and human logic.

However we are to useful and to let our mouths speak what our hearts are meant to be full of.
    We should remain within the wisdom of God and the teachings of Christ if we are God's servants.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……..so who isn't doing that, You see thats the problem when some one thinks He is the only one who is doing that and the others are just giving there un= scriptural opinions . So that person positions himself above other as some Kind of Judge and is not really a doer of the word but has become a judge of others . We are told not to do that ” have you faith have it unto yourself”. God has given spiritual gifts to all some its one thing and to another something else but not all have the same gifts.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Have you found that ONE SCRIPTURE YET?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account