The Bread of life

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Jn6
    31Our fathers did eat manna in the desert; as it is written, He gave them bread from heaven to eat.

32Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven.

33For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.

34Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread.

35And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

36But I said unto you, That ye also have seen me, and believe not.

37All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

38For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

39And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

40And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

41The Jews then murmured at him, because he said, I am the bread which came down from heaven.

42And they said, Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? how is it then that he saith, I came down from heaven?

43Jesus therefore answered and said unto them, Murmur not among yourselves.

44No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

45It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

46Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.

47Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

48I am that bread of life.

49Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead.

50This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.

51I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

52The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat?

53Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

54Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

55For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.

56He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.

57As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.

58This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.

59These things said he in the synagogue, as he taught in Capernaum.

60Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said, This is an hard saying; who can hear it?

61When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, Doth this offend you?

62What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before?

HERE IS THE KEY

63It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

64But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.

65And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.

66From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.

67Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?

68Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

NickHassan
    Participant

4 not3

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Jesus said in Jn4
    ” I have food to eat that you do not know about”

He explained it
    “My food is to do the will of Him Who sent me and to accomplish His work”

So being led by the Spirit was his motivation and brought him great satisfaction.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Yes the word is the bread of life.
    Man cannot live on bread alone…

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Don't waste time analysing scripture.
    Feed avidly on it

It is life to believers but gruel to intellectuals

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 07 2012,11:10)
    Hi,
    Feed avidly on it

Nick hasan.

Yes Jesus is that bread,that came down from heaven.

We must eat that bread alone not mix it with strange bread.
    Jesus is the word of God: the bible is the word of God.
    So we must eat the words in the bible,put it in you.
    Fill yourself with spiritual knowledge.

wakeup.

shimmer
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 07 2012,13:10)
    Hi,
    Feed avidly on it

Amen!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The bread of life transforms our minds

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 10 2012,12:56)
    Hi,
    The bread of life transforms our minds

if we do not add a little of our own leaven or take some out of it
    so it mix better with our bread

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The WORD is the bread.

Spirit and truth

Taken in faith it is life to us.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The Word said
    I am the bread of life

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 11 2012,02:44)
    Hi,
    The Word said
    I am the bread of life

Nick;

Excellent insight!

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ,
    Jn 6
    32 Jesus then said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, it is not Moses who has given you the bread out of heaven, but it is My Father who gives you the true bread out of heaven. 33 For the bread of God is that which comes down out of heaven, and gives life to the world.” 34 Then they said to Him, “Lord, always give us this bread.”

35 Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; he who comes to Me will not hunger, and he who believes in Me will never thirst. 36 But I said to you that you have seen Me, and yet do not believe. 37 All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will certainly not cast out. 38 For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. 39 This is the will of Him who sent Me, that of all that He has given Me I lose nothing, but raise it up on the last day. 40 For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day.”

41 Therefore the Jews were grumbling about Him, because He said, “I am the bread that came down out of heaven.” 42 They were saying, “Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? How does He now say, ‘I have come down out of heaven’?” 43 Jesus answered and said to them, “Do not grumble among yourselves. 44 No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day. 45 It is written in the prophets, ‘And they shall all be taught of God.’ Everyone who has heard and learned from the Father, comes to Me. 46 Not that anyone has seen the Father, except the One who is from God; He has seen the Father. 47 Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes has eternal life. 48 I am the bread of life. 49 Your fathers ate the manna in the wilderness, and they died. 50 This is the bread which comes down out of heaven, so that one may eat of it and not die. 51 I am the living bread that came down out of heaven; if anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread also which I will give for the life of the world is My flesh.”

52 Then the Jews began to argue with one another, saying, “How can this man give us His flesh to eat?” 53 So Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in yourselves. 54 He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day. 55 For My flesh is true food, and My blood is true drink. 56 He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in him. 57 As the living Father sent Me, and I live because of the Father, so he who eats Me, he also will live because of Me. 58 This is the bread which came down out of heaven; not as the fathers ate and died; he who eats this bread will live forever.”

Note
    he who COMES TO ME will not hunger, and he who believes in Me will never thirst.

The Food is for the saints.

First we must come to him.

Wakeup
    Participant

Eat of that bread and you will live.
    That bread will become one with your spirit.
    Eat strange bread, and you will die.

wakeup.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WU,
    The Word builds Christ Jesus into us.
    We can be transformed by the renewal of our minds

If we have obeyed

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 06 2014,14:58)
    Hi WU,
    The Word builds Christ Jesus into us.
    We can be transformed by the renewal of our minds

If we have obeyed

Eat of that bread; and the spirit of Christ will replace your own spirit of thinking.
    You will walk in His spirit.

wakeup.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WU,
    Yes if you are in him.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 06 2014,17:41)
    Hi WU,
    Yes if you are in him.

Nick

??. :(
    If you eat His flesh then you are in Him and HE in you.

wakeup.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WU,
    Unsaved man will not benefit from feeding on the scriptures
    They just point to the decision he must make in obedience

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account