T8 vs Lightenup

This topic contains 652 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  t8 3 days ago.

• Author
     t8 
    Participant
    • Topics started 895
    • Total replies 18,416

The word son is enough to convey the meaning of sonship and the meaning of Father is enough to convey that meaning.

The fact that I am a son and a father is by design of God and God would not confuse us. He clearly shows us through our own family relationships the relationship he has with the son. We know immediately and from scripture that Jesus is the firstborn son, the prototype. Scripture is quite clear about this. We do not need to wander into strange mystical doctrines about God and his son.

As for essense, yes God has divine nature and Jesus who is of God shares that nature. But we too share that nature and we know by this that while we are the image of God, we are not God. The same applies to Jesus. He calls us brethren meaning we are sons too. Except he is the prototype son and that is unique. The son gets lost in most doctrines because they say he is God or Man. But the truth is he is between God and Man. He has the nature of God and he partook of the nature of man. He is special, unique, and he is the only way we see the invisible God in full glory.

Anthony 
    Participant
    • Topics started 0
    • Total replies 594

Hi Lightenup and T8 sorry for interrupting but I thought this will help the both of you.

The sad and shocking fact is that the whole world of Christianity, as we know it today, denies that Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of His Father God. All Christian denominations say that they believe Jesus Christ is God’s only begotten Son, but in reality, what they say and mean and what the Bible clearly says and means are two absolutely different things.

The history of Christianity shows that a number of heretical belief systems of false Christianity have appeared since the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, as expressly warned by Christ Himself (Matthew 24:4-5), and also, by Christ’s disciples (1 John 4:1-6) and Apostle Paul (2 Corinthians 11:13-15). These heretical false belief systems are listed below:

Trinitarianism: the belief in one God, yet confusingly and illogically maintaining that this one God is in effect three co-equal Gods of Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Arianism: the belief in one God, but insisting that Jesus Christ is a created being and hence denying the divinity of the Son of God.

Unitarianism: the belief in one God but, like Arianism, it also denies the divinity of the Son as God’s only begotten Son.

Binitarianism: the belief in one God, yet confusingly and illogically maintaining that this one God is in effect two co-equal Gods of Father and Son.

Modalism: the belief in one God existing in three consecutive, but not simultaneous, modes of Father, Son and Holy Spirit; which like Trinitarianism is also confusing and illogical, denying many clear scriptures of the Bible.

Ditheism: the belief in two co-equal Gods which is, of course, polytheism. However, some adherents believe that one of the gods later decided to be born as the Son of God through his human virgin birth. God bless

Truthcomber 
    Participant
    • Topics started 5
    • Total replies 445

Christ is the only begotten son of God  means he was begotten or conceived of the spirit of God in his spirit mind as distinguished from being conceived supernaturally of the genes of David in the womb of his mother Mary as the son of man with his human mind and body.

Lightenup 
    Participant
    • Topics started 63
    • Total replies 10,307

@anthony @Truthcomber

You are free to post in one of the many other places but this thread is a closed thread. If you want to get a message to me regarding anything in this thread, please pm me and I will be happy to respond to you.

God bless,

LU

Lightenup 
    Participant
    • Topics started 63
    • Total replies 10,307

Hi t8,

you said:

The word son is enough to convey the meaning of sonship and the meaning of Father is enough to convey that meaning.

Do you believe that you are a son of God in the same way that Jesus is a son of God?

t8 
    Participant
    • Topics started 895
    • Total replies 18,416

Yes I do as I believe all who are born of God are the sons of God.

Of course, as far as being a son, I was not the firstborn son as Jesus Christ is.

Further, I believe he was born son of God, emptied himself, came in the flesh, died for our sins, and is back in the glory he had with God before the cosmos. I cannot claim any such thing. The prototype son is the reason I can be a son. Further, he is so much greater than me and all the sons. He is the bride and all of us the bridegroom.

Lightenup 
    Participant
    • Topics started 63
    • Total replies 10,307

t8,

Do you believe that you went from not being a son of God to later becoming a son of God? In other words, was there ever a time when you were not yet a son of God?

t8 
    Participant
    • Topics started 895
    • Total replies 18,416

Correct. Jesus was never NOT a son of God. That is another difference.

Although he was divine, he partook in our nature so we could partake in his nature. Now he is back in the glory he had with God before the cosmos and we can not only be like him, but with him.

Viewing 8 posts - 646 through 653 (of 653 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2018 Heaven Net

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account