T8 vs Lightenup

This topic contains 637 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  t8 3 months ago.

• Author
     t8 
    Participant
    • Topics started 853
    • Total replies 17,389

I already told you that you will find that the Word was the eternal life that was with the Father from the beginning

God has no beginning. He precedes that. Simple.

t8 
    Participant
    • Topics started 853
    • Total replies 17,389

Have you heard the saying: “flogging a dead horse”.

It kind of means that no matter how hard you try to make a dead horse alive, it will remain dead. Similarly, a doctrine that fails scripture will not suddenly become relevant by repeating the same errors?

Lightenup 
    Participant
    • Topics started 61
    • Total replies 9,896

@t8

you said:

The Word was with God. When you are with God, that generally means you are for him, in unity with him, agree with him, but it never means you are him.

T8, please answer this question:

Do you believe that God ALWAYS had His Word or was there a time when the Word was not?

t8 
    Participant
    • Topics started 853
    • Total replies 17,389

The logos is an attribute of God and like all attributes, they are part of God and always have been and always will be. He changes not. The Word as another is spoken about in John 1:1 as being in the beginning. “The Word was WITH God”. This Word that was with God seem to be before creation itself and after God, so in the middle. There was God, then there was God and the Word, followed by creation coming from God through the Word.

It also seems that Jesus is identified as that Word and we are also told that God created all things through the son, which may be a reference to him being the Word that God created all through. As a man, Jesus is also the mediator between God and man, again in the middle as a mediator. This makes him unique, but not God. He has first place in all things. God doesn’t become first because he delegates first and has always been. He is the source of the Son and the Word. All things, even the son, come from God. All things that are good that is. There is another god by whom things come, that is Satan. He is the father of lies and murder.

So the Word was not always with God unless we want to believe there were two beings side by side. While you may not hold to that, your doctrine is even weirder than that as it suggests God was eternally pregnant with the other being. But we can rule that out because we know that there is one God, not two, or three. And there is no mention of God being pregnant anywhere in scripture. Further, we know for sure that this one true God is the Father and that Jesus is the one whom he sent, Jesus said it himself, so why even question this. We have the scriptures to guide us in these matters, so what is our excuse. Our own understanding and spirit will never figure God out. A person led by the Spirit will reject any words that come from one’s own spirit and understanding.

Lightenup 
    Participant
    • Topics started 61
    • Total replies 9,896

@t8

you said:

The logos is an attribute of God and like all attributes, they are part of God and always have been and always will be. He changes not.

My response:

So, within your last few posts you have said that the logos is a part of God and has always been a part of God and has always been in unity with God. Is that correct? Please answer yes, or no, or I don’t know.

t8 
    Participant
    • Topics started 853
    • Total replies 17,389

When the Logos was WITH God, this didn’t diminish the logos in God.

When the Truth walked this Earth, this didn’t mean that God who is the Father didn’t have truth. Truth is part of his character.

God creates and begats from his own nature and attributes. We can be truthful, but that doesn’t diminish truth in God.

God is eternal. He shares his attributes and nature.

Are you not aware that we can participate in divine nature? Does that make us God or does God become less divine as a result of that?

t8 
    Participant
    • Topics started 853
    • Total replies 17,389

My answer is no.

t8 
    Participant
    • Topics started 853
    • Total replies 17,389

I agree with two of your points but not necessarily this one.

always been in unity with God

It suggests that there is another being that has always been in unity with God.

I have certain traits, characteristics, strengths, and weaknesses. I wouldn’t say they are in unity with me, but are me.

Viewing 8 posts - 631 through 638 (of 638 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2017 Heaven Net

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account