Salvation

This topic contains 426 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  NickHassan 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author
     NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,243

Hi T,
    One of the most prevalent deceptions is that those who have come to certain understandings or had certain experiences are saved already.
    We are rescued from wrath and then equipped for our journey and helped to walk according to our initiatives-ask, seek, knock.
    God wants infants to grow up to be sons but most never seem to think they need to grow up to become sons.

terraricca 
    Participant
    • Topics started 67
    • Total replies 28,224

hi nick
    your answer is well anticipated yes i know the answer,but contrairy to you i do not feel saved until the end like i told you before,
    you are saved so you are ahead of the reward ,what can i say you are fortuned to be saved by your own views.i hope to keep up the good works and pray to be saved.

in your last post to me i have no clue what you try so say,i am a fisher man like Peter so i am not like Saul of Tarsus.

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,243

Hi T,
    Indeed we must WORK out our salvation suffering challenges, trials and tribulations.[Acts 14, 1 Peter, Phil]
    The sons of God will only be revealed at the end.

Too much presumption everywhere.

peace2all 
    • Topics started 5
    • Total replies 514

we are basically set off as adam was in the begning, not being perfect but we no longer have sin as our burden for cetain death unless we just ignore god.
    we must do what god had always planned . love your neighbor as yourself, worship only him jehovah and have him as our focal point in life. jesus is now our way in which he taught and preached excactly what his father wants (wills) and we are to also have faith in that , that it is truth.

we are not automatically cast to certain death for adams sin.

we must now do what he wanted from the get go. follow him always, whole heart, soul and mind. doing that is doing his will and your eyes will be on the prize(kingdom of god) under his rule.

that leads to salvation

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,243

Hi,
    Man is so vain.
    He thinks the salvation of God is all about him.
    He fancies himself as so loveable that God altered history to glorify him.
    Know that it is all about undeserved mercy[Rom9-11]

God owes nobody anything.

terraricca 
    Participant
    • Topics started 67
    • Total replies 28,224

nick

you right we own everything to God and Christ and not taking advantage of that promise of Grace would be to reject it and that would mean to refuse the benefit to us of the sacrifice of Christ life what would be like refusing live it self

Pierre

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,243

Hi T,
    We are offered an opportunity to partake in God's victory over evil.
    Why would men refuse and instead fiddle with words?

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,243

Hi,
    Coming to believe in God and His Son saves nobody.
    You must be born again

terraricca 
    Participant
    • Topics started 67
    • Total replies 28,224

hi nick

we have a different view in the interpretation of “being born again” i believe Christ pointed out to is country men,that the law has come to its end and the true way would be now by the spirit,and like for the law God used a prophet like Moses,he now has send his son Jesus Christ to teach the true spirit to be saved in.or by it,rituals do not save but the true changes in the heart do,the true faith in God and the one he has send Christ.fallow his teachings and put to practice in our daily live and so become a light for others to fallow.

Pierre

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,243

Hi T,
    We in Christ have been given an earnest of his Spirit as a pledge of salvation if we have sought the blessing.[ Lk11.13, 1jn4.13, eph 1.13-14]
    Like the apostles at pentecost we have enjoyed the powers [Acts 10.38]and gifts [1Cor12]and fruit [gal5]the Spirit brings.
    That promise is yet active.[Acts 2.39]

chosenone 
    • Topics started 29
    • Total replies 2,499

Quote (terraricca @ June 14 2010,15:49)
    hi nick

we have a different view in the interpretation of “being born again” i believe Christ pointed out to is country men,that the law has come to its end and the true way would be now by the spirit,and like for the law God used a prophet like Moses,he now has send his son Jesus Christ to teach the true spirit to be saved in.or by it,rituals do not save but the true changes in the heart do,the true faith in God and the one he has send Christ.fallow his teachings and put to practice in our daily live and so become a light for others to fallow.

Pierre

Hi Pierre.
    I agree with your view of this statement. Jesus was speaking about the nation of Israel when He said… “you must be born again”. The word 'you' in this statement was the plural in the original Greek, more than one. We must remember that His (Jesus) teaching was to Israel, and to them only. Gentiles had no place in this era… (Eph.2:11-12… 11 Wherefore, remember that once you, the nations in flesh — who are termed 'Uncircumcision' by those termed 'Circumcision,' in flesh, made by hands —
    12 that you were, in that era, apart from Christ, being alienated from the citizenship of Israel, and guests of the promise covenants, having no expectation, and without God in the world).

Jerry.

terraricca 
    Participant
    • Topics started 67
    • Total replies 28,224

CO

yes but this was true only until the door was open with Cornelius ,then Paul

Pierre

GeneBalthrop 
    Participant
    • Topics started 42
    • Total replies 16,298

Quote (terraricca @ June 14 2010,15:49)
    hi nick

Pierre

Terricca………….Good Post, i also see it that way.

peace and love……………..gene

chosenone 
    • Topics started 29
    • Total replies 2,499

Hi Pierre.
    In part of my previous post…

Gentiles had no place in this era… (Eph.2:11-12… 11 Wherefore, remember that once you, the nations in flesh — who are termed 'Uncircumcision' by those termed 'Circumcision,' in flesh, made by hands —
    12 that you were, in that era, apart from Christ, being alienated from the citizenship of Israel, and guests of the promise covenants, having no expectation, and without God in the world).

You answered…

Yes, the door was opened then to the Gentiles, because Israel had rejected their promised Messiah, Jesus. See Acts 13:46… ” Being bold, both Paul and Barnabas, say, “To you first (Israel) was it necessary that the word of God be spoken. Yet, since, in fact, you are thrusting it away, and are judging yourselves not worthy of eonian life, lo! we are turning to the nations”.
    You see, God has divorced His chosen people, and turned to the “nations”.

But Pauls gospel was not the same as Jesus' gospel to the Jews. He (Jesus) taught under the 'Old Covenant' that God had made with Israel, that was “Obedience to the Law”, justification by “works”.
    While now, we are under the “Covenant of the Grace of God”, who Paul was selected by God to give the message to “the nations'. (Gentiles and believing Jews)

We must not assume that Jesus' message was to the gentiles as well, it was different in the fact that He (Jesus) taught under the “Old Covenant” that God had made with Israel, and them only.
    While Paul was directed by Jesus, who chose him, while on the road to Damascus (you know of his (Pauls) conversion then), and he was comissioned to …”complete the word of God” (Col.1:25)

So you see that the two “gospels” were not he same, as defined in Romans 15: verse 8… For I am saying that Christ has become the Servant of the Circumcision, for the sake of the truth of God, to confirm the patriarchal promises.
    And in verse 16… for me (Paul) to be the minister of Christ Jesus for the nations, acting as a priest of the evangel of God, that the approach present of the nations may be becoming well received, having been hallowed by holy spirit.
    Hope I have made this understandable, God Bless.

Jerry.

terraricca 
    Participant
    • Topics started 67
    • Total replies 28,224

Quote (chosenone @ June 16 2010,11:59)
    Hi Pierre.
      In part of my previous post…

Gentiles had no place in this era…  (Eph.2:11-12…  11 Wherefore, remember that once you, the nations in flesh — who are termed 'Uncircumcision' by those termed 'Circumcision,' in flesh, made by hands —

You answered…  

Yes, the door was opened then to the Gentiles, because Israel had rejected their promised Messiah, Jesus.  See Acts 13:46…  ” Being bold, both Paul and Barnabas, say, “To you first (Israel) was it necessary that the word of God be spoken. Yet, since, in fact, you are thrusting it away, and are judging yourselves not worthy of eonian life, lo! we are turning to the nations”.
      You see, God has divorced His chosen people, and turned to the “nations”.

But Pauls gospel was not the same as Jesus' gospel to the Jews.  He (Jesus) taught under the 'Old Covenant' that God had made with Israel, that was “Obedience to the Law”, justification by “works”.
      While now, we are under the “Covenant of the Grace of God”, who Paul was selected by God to give the message to “the nations'. (Gentiles and believing Jews)

We must not assume that Jesus' message was to the gentiles as well, it was different in the fact that He (Jesus) taught under the “Old Covenant” that God had made with Israel, and them only.  
      While Paul was directed by Jesus, who chose him, while on the road to Damascus (you know of his (Pauls) conversion then), and he was comissioned to  …”complete the word of God” (Col.1:25)

So you see that the two “gospels” were not he same, as defined in Romans 15: verse 8… For I am saying that Christ has become the Servant of the Circumcision, for the sake of the truth of God, to confirm the patriarchal promises.
      And in verse 16… for me (Paul) to be the minister of Christ Jesus for the nations, acting as a priest of the evangel of God, that the approach present of the nations may be becoming well received, having been hallowed by holy spirit.
    Hope I have made this understandable,  God Bless.

Jerry.

CO

you got that wrong;there are no two gospels only one;
    if you are my son and i promise you a $1000. if you cut the grass,you refuse and then i go to the kid next door and say the same proposal and he accepted is this a different $1000 dollars???

i surely do not think so.

Pierre

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 427 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2018 Heaven Net

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account