Salvation

This topic contains 426 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  NickHassan 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author
     ringo111 
    • Topics started 6
    • Total replies 169

No I don't agree.
    The Holy Spirit is sent to fill the Body of Christ.

That is an extreamly abstract saying. What do you mean by fill the boby of Christ.

It seems as though of a mind of an insanity, For christ has risen and Gone to heaven.

He said he would ask GoD to send another, to the world, and to whoever obeys his commands.

No denomination can claim to be led by the Holy Spirit as the Spirit inhabits people, not traditions.

So the traditions Jesus left which are his teaching is not to be obeyed??

People are in the denomination, and many do claim that. Your saying is a twisted riddle.

Of coarse they may not be right, claim faulsly.

Yes the Spirit proves the world wrong about sin, jusice and condemnation but by teaching individuals-of course that will make those folk unpopular which is the price of following Jesus

Then what dont you agree with. Jesus said to ask for the holy spirit, and he will be given.

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,243

Traditions are not teachings Ringo. People often think they are following the Holy Spirit but are instead following spirits of religion or tradition. These are opposed to the Holy Spirit,however.

It is no coincidence that the same people that Jesus accused of holding up their traditions as being greater than the Word of God [the pharisees] arranged for the son of God to be killed. They worshipped tradition.

It still happens today as those who follow Jesus are hated and opposed by those who are fossilised into tradition.

MrBob 
    • Topics started 12
    • Total replies 94

Quote (ringo111 @ July 24 2004,23:25)

No I don't agree.
    The Holy Spirit is sent to fill the Body of Christ.

That is an extreamly abstract saying. What do you mean by fill the body of Christ.

I believe he means the Body of Christ as in the church, meaning those who believe.

Here's some scripture on the Body of Christ:
    Romans 7:3-5
    Romans 12:4-6
    1 Corinthians 10:15-17
    Ephesians 4:11-13
    Colossians 2:16-18

ringo111 
    • Topics started 6
    • Total replies 169

It is only a figurative speach, and not an actual accourance.

For we know Jesus has brothers and sisters, and will raise them, and allow them to enter the bride(New Jeruselem)

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,243

Another exception God hints at in the Word is for husbands and wives of the saved.
    “what God has joined together let no man put asunder” suggests that marriage is a true reunion of the rib and the man into one body again as at the time of Adam. So if marriage makes unity in God's eyes then we can be sure He will not separate again even in eternity.
    It gives new light to the verses about staying together and not divorcing as “How do you know that you will not save your wife or husband “,and “The unbelieving husband is sanctified through his wife and the unbelieving wife is sanctified through her believing husband” 1 Cor 7 deserves rereading.God loves family[Eph 3.15]and he does not want our spirit to pine in eternity. Any thoughts?

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,243

Ezek.37 14
    .” I will put MY SPIRIT in you that you may live..”

Joel; 3.1
    ” Then afterwards I will pour out MY SPIRIT upon all mankind ..”

The Holy Spirit IS the Spirit of God and the Spirit of Truth.

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,243

Ps 102
    “The CHILDREN of Thy servants will continue and their descendants will be established before thee”
    Ps ” His lovingkindness is everlasting and His faithfulness to all generations.”
    1Cor7. 14.
    ” For the unbelieving husband is sanctified through his wife and the unbelieving wife through her believing husband,for other wise your CHILDREN are unclean, but now they are holy”

If you do not choose to follow Jesus into salvation for yourself do you love your wife and children enough to do it for them?

ringo111 
    • Topics started 6
    • Total replies 169

Ezek.37 14
    .” I will put MY SPIRIT in you that you may live..”

Joel; 3.1
    ” Then afterwards I will pour out MY SPIRIT upon all mankind ..”

The Holy Spirit IS the Spirit of God and the Spirit of Truth.

This shows ownership of the holy spirit belongs to GoD. Not that it is GoD's personal spirit, For god he himself is spirit.

Remember The holy Spirit is not the only “spirit of GoD” GoD owns many spirits. Just as Jesus is GoD's King, Not that GoD bow's to Jesus, But it means that GoD Owns Jesus.

Revelation 4:5
    From the throne came flashes of lightning, rumblings and peals of thunder. Before the throne, seven lamps were blazing. These are the seven spirits of God.

Revelation 5:6
    Then I saw a Lamb, looking as if it had been slain, standing in the center of the throne, encircled by the four living creatures and the elders. He had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth.

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,243

I understand the popular [especially with new converts] Alpha courses available throughout traditional christianity, teach the trinity as a basic tenet. Is this true?

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,243

Hi,
    This is another forum on salvation.

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,243

Hi,
    Acts 20.21
    ” solemnly testifying to both Jews and Greeks of repentance toward God and faith in our Lord Jesus Christ”
    Salvation requires us to follow the will of God, to repent ,believe and accept baptism into the Son.
    Acts 22.16
    ” And now why do you delay? Arise and be baptised, and wash away your sins calling on his name”

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,243

Hi,
    The story of the prodigal son in Lk 15.11 f is the story of salvation.
    All us gentiles are as the prodigal son. We are sons of Adam who was a son of God. We are separated from our true Father living in sin and squalor and we have to repent and walk back towards our God. He will come and meet us and wrap our filthy clothes of self righteousness with the Royal robe of baptism into the Son and put the ring of the Power of the Spirit on our hand.
    He will celebrate with us forever and no longer see us as anything but restored into His family. We escape the inevitable judgement on mankind and have already passed from death into life.

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,243

Hi soxan,
    Here is forum on salvation for your comment.

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,243

Hi,
    Some say being born again applies only to baptism in the Spirit. Why then did Jesus say you must be born again of water and the Spirit?

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,243

Hi kenrch,
    You may find help here.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 427 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2018 Heaven Net

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account