Preexistence (Part 2)

This topic contains 7,563 replies, has 46 voices, and was last updated by  Jodi 4 days, 1 hour ago.

• Author
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 68,283

Hi Tigger,

Jesus was conceived in Mary.

Do you think he existed as an angel called Michael prior to his conception?

Heb 1.13

But to which of the angels said He at any time.

”Sit at My right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.”

Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

dan 10.13

…But lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia”

• Topics started 877
    • Total replies 17,573

So preexistence is an idea that grew from the inability of natural men

to grasp the fact that the Spirit spoke through the anointed man Jesus.

It makes little difference to me the origin of Jesus Christ as I have no preference in my heart.  I can only go by scripture and not your words or Gene’s or others who do not believe what is written about Jesus. Here is why I believe. Not because I have a bias toward Jesus being a preexistent cherub or seraph or whatever it is you imply. Honestly, who can blame me for believing the following if I desire to please God. Further, when I quote scriptures only in a post and do not even give my stance as to whether he preexisted or not, you start frothing at the mouth. Because the scriptures say and imply he existed, thus you take it that this is what I believe and you are correct in that respect. Hilarious because my witness are these scriptures and I am wrong apparently meaning these scriptures are wrong. What other conclusion is there? Gene is the same. I do not say outright that Jesus preexisted. I merely give these scriptures and interpret them or teach about them and that is enough to get him manifesting something too. Funny but still serious. Here are some of the scriptures I believe on this subject.

For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

“I tell you the truth,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!

to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.

He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe.

He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God.

The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy.

And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

As you can see, I have not even said that Jesus preexisted in this post too, but these scriptures will be enough to get you opposing what they are saying and implying.

• Topics started 284
    • Total replies 68,283

Hi T8,

You did agree that God spoke through the prophets and spoke through His Son as Heb 1 tells us.

Why then do you think it was the man speaking of himself when Jesus said

”Before Abraham I am”

• Topics started 5
    • Total replies 909

Jesus is the firstfruits of the Spirit, the firstborn of the resurrection. So when Jesus said that he is before Abraham he was speaking of the resurrection. Jesus is before him because he is the eternal King of Kings! Before him not by a DATE, but before him as a line leader.

Viewing 4 posts - 7,561 through 7,564 (of 7,564 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2018 Heaven Net

Forgot your details?

Create Account