place to fellowship

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jcampbell
    Participant

Sites like this are encouraging.  I know there are probably many people out there, even amongst mainstream church goers, who would share the logic against the trinity doctrine, but they, like me, simply don’t have acceptable alternatives to go to.  Just about every church organization claims the trinity as a basic belief.  There are the usual alternatives, all of which seems to have other belief(s) that prevent me from fellowship (JW’s, Oneness, Universalists,…).  Is there any group/church out there that simply understands that, yes, Jesus is Lord but not the one true God, and at the same time doesn’t teach some other weird doctrine(s)?  Any suggestions?  

Proclaimer
    Participant

My belief is that the denominational system is actually part of the world system and like the world, this system is designed to stop you from knowing God and is designed to keep the children of God divided and away from the instruction of Christ.

My advice is that we should fellowship together wherever the Spirit leads and with whoever the Spirit connects us with. There is no correct answer here in that there exists no denomination that has all truth. Rather as childern of God we should always be lead by the Spirit and this includes fellowship and worshipping God.

Where did Jesus fellowship? He obviously didn't belong to a denomination, rather he made disciples and then fellowshipped with his disciples. He then told us to make disciples. So my advice is that we make disciples and fellowship will be a natural thing that happens when we are focussed on our God.

I personally have fellowship even with some believers that believe in the Trinity. But I can usually tell which people teach false doctrine and those who are mistakenly caught up in this system.

In time I usually demonstrate from the scriptures that our God is one God and how important that is. The reaction I would get is either rejection or not and as Jesus said “those who are for us are not against us”.

I use to fellowship with a denomination and I cared not for that denomination, rather I cared for the people very much. I was asked to be a leader and my reply was that I am a leader if the people recognise my authority. I do not want a title. I often had prophecies from these people and a lot of encouragement until they found out I didn't believe in the foundation of that denomination namely the Trinity doctrine. From here they were suspicious of me and even though I never got kicked out, they certainly wanted me to leave as they couldn't put me in a box.

Anyway, today I keep in touch with many of those people and I fellowship with them in houses or sometimes in parks as there are many where I live.

When I explain my faith to my real friends they know that I am a son of God and most of them are actually aware that there is something wrong with denominations but they are not sure what it is that is wrong.

To me I think it is the season for the new wine to burst the old winskins and God is doing a work in his Church and shaking away all that doesn't belong to him. In fact I am amazed at how many people are willing to hear the truth when it is presented to them. Many Christians are just sick to death of all the religious crap that they have had to endure and they want to be free and only in the truth can we be free.

I fellowship in the same way that the Spirit leads.

John 3:8
    The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”

And if you think about it, as you and I are making disciples, will not the children of God who love their God, accept truth above all else. Anyone who doesn't accept truth is not in right standing with God in that respect. Of course we are all in the darkness in certain areas, but when truth is presented to us we will change.

This is what it is to be transformed day by day to be more like Christ. And the Church will one day come in perfection and the unity of the brethren just before he comes back for his bride.

For now, I feel that Jesus is discipling many of us personally and like Paul, many of us are spending most of their time with Jesus. After 3 years Paul then met the other Apostles and he spoke with authority saying “this is not I who say these things, but the Lord” and Paul even had to correct the Peter on one ocassion.

My advice is to let Jesus Christ disciple you directly and to disciple others when the Spirit leads. If there are like minded people near you, then fellowship as often as you can. There will come a time when the Church will come out of it's prison which are the traditions and doctrines of men and that time will come when God has raised up enough Moses's and Elijah's who lead the people out of slavery and will prepare them for the coming of the Lord.

In the meantime it is exciting to be used of God for such a purpose and I would consider it a priviledge even if you feel at times alone. For there will come a time when the ones he is discipling now will become the leaders of tommorrow and when God destroys the Babylonian system that has imprisoned many of his children, there will need to be leaders who can lead the people as they may mistakenly feel that the very Church itself has been destroyed.

Many of the no names today will be the leaders of tommorrow and some of the leaders today will be the enemy of the church tommorrow. Not all will accept the direction that Jesus takes his Church toward and some will actually try and rebuild Babylon after God has destroyed her.

Anonymous

Having experienced the same dilemma and explored numerous denominations, I finally decided to join/attend whatever church enabled me to live the Gospel most effectively and develop Christlike qualities. Despite the fact that I don't agree with various points of their doctrine, I have found the support of fellow believers to be a great source of inspiration and encouragement.

With love in Christ,

Kirsten

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account