"Not one of his bones will be broken"

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 137 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Bd…….Good points, some just focus on certian scriptures and do not take in consideration the rest of what the bible says about a subject, as you mentioned about covenants in a general sense.

BD, IBELIEVE THE UNIQUENES ABOUT JESUS! EXISTENCES IS THAT HE dealt with no so much as the sin nature in the human race, as he did the “penalty” GOD INVOKES on all sinners. God said the SOUL THAT SINNED “it” “SHALL” DIE (parish), THAT IS HIS JUDGEMENT FOR A SINNER, AND THOUGH GOD MAY FORGIVE A PERSON, THAT DOES NOT DO AWAY WITH THE PENALTY PHASE, the penialty demands payment and seening GOD DOES NOT LIE, HIS PENIALY REMAINS ON ALL WHO HAVE SINNED, AND ALL HAVE SINNED.

So to me Jesus, “LIVING” as a fellow human being without sin, was able to wotk within the statues layed out within the law of GOD, HE QUALIFIED to make payment for us, by not having the penalty of death on him, so he could leagelly offer himself as our “kindsmen redeemer”, which is granted within the law of GOD. HE ACTED AS A PAYMEMT FOR OUR SINS THE DEATH REQUIREMENTS OF THE LAW.

God always showed that a substitute payment was and could be allowed in his law for sin, so having to give a substitute payment does not make his law of non effect, by simply forgiving someone. There has to be a penalty paid for ever sin. “There is a just recompence for ever sin” we have all sinned unto eternal death, therefore we could never make payment and still live, SO GOD PUT THE SINS OF US ALL ON HIM, AND HE BORE THEM FOR US ALL, YES HE TOOK IT ON HIMSELF to DO THAT FOR US ALL. WE ARE ALL DEBETORS TO HIM FOR WHAT HE HAS DONE FOR US, IT WAS GOD THE FATHERS WISH FOR HIM TO DO IT TO PAY OUR PENALTY, BUT IT WAS LEFT UP TO HIM, AND HE WILLINGLY DID IT, THEREFORE GOD HIS AND OUR GOD HAS HIGHLY EXHAULTED HIM ABOVE EVERY CREATURE, BOTH IN HEAVEN AND EARTH.

SO POINT IS, JUDGEMENTS STILL EXISTS, AND PENILITIES ALSO, BUT THE ETERNAL DEATH SENTENANCE IS NOT ON ALL WHO ARE IN CHRIST JESUS OUR lord. But we shall indure the judgement seat of CHRIST JESUS, SOME WILL SUFFER MORE THEM OTHERS, BUT ALL WILL BE CHASENED AND SCOURAGED, SOME “YET AS BY FIRE” (INTENSE JUDGEMENT). THAT TO ME IS WHAT IS MEANT BY JOHN SAYING JESUS WOULD BAPTISE BY SPIRIT AND FIRE (intense judgement) IMO

peace and love to you and yours. ………………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,

You search the scriptures for things that might muddy the waters and cause confusion.

You have chosen rebellion and you want company

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,

The Spirit of Christ was IN the prophets.1peter 1

Jesus promised his followers the Spirit was with them and would be in them.

God is sovereign and not subject to the pedantic rules of men.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Hi Gene:

Ezekiel 18:4
    Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

This statement actually means no one will suffer for someone elses sins nor can they pay for the sins of another it is not a statement of penalty. It is pertaining to the verses before it which states:

Ezekiel 18:1-3 King James Version (KJV)

18 The word of the Lord came unto me again, saying,

2 What mean ye, that ye use this proverb concerning the land of Israel, saying, The fathers have eaten sour grapes, and the children’s teeth are set on edge?

3 As I live, saith the Lord God, ye shall not have occasion any more to use this proverb in Israel.

In other words the children will not suffer for the father but the father will suffer for his own deed and the son will suffer for his own deed i.e. The one that commits the sin will be responsible for the penalty.

Ezekiel 18:20King James Version (KJV)

20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

This is the actual context you cannot bear the iniquity of someone else, the righteous cannot bear the iniquity of the wicked.

The entire key here is repentance it is what causes life for the soul:

Ezekiel 18

21 But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.

22 All his transgressions that he hath committed, they shall not be mentioned unto him: in his righteousness that he hath done he shall live.

So this does not agree with the idea of God wanting a righteous man to take place of others in death for sin, in-fact it is forbidden.

secondly every sin does not have a penalty and repentance can suspend judgement as in the case with Jonah:

Jonah

8 But let man and beast be covered with sackcloth, and cry mightily unto God: yea, let them turn every one from his evil way, and from the violence that is in their hands.

9 Who can tell if God will turn and repent, and turn away from his fierce anger, that we perish not?

10 And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not.

23 Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord God: and not that he should return from his ways, and live?

Jonah knew that the Lord was often forgiving because he is full of mercy it actually angered Jonah:

Jonah 4 King James Version (KJV)

4 But it displeased Jonah exceedingly, and he was very angry.

2 And he prayed unto the Lord, and said, I pray thee, O Lord, was not this my saying, when I was yet in my country? Therefore I fled before unto Tarshish: for I knew that thou art a gracious God, and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and repentest thee of the evil.

Everyone tries to put things in stories that are not actually there did Adam and Eve die the day they ate the fruit, the answer is NO but people will say things like a day is like a thousand years to God and that’s what he meant but nope God outlined MORNING and EVENING so Adam knew what a day was the other idea is they died spiritually that day, Nope that doesn’t make any sense either as they wouldn’t even know what that meant so, how did they die that day? THEY DIDN’T

God forgave them and gave them a respite from death, he lessened the Punishment:

Then learnt Adam from his Lord words of inspiration, and his Lord Turned towards him; for He is oft-Returning, Most Merciful.

It was the first sin and the first repentance God kept blessing them, and Cain kiiled but there was no eye for an eye, God sent him away and protected him. Go

King James Bible
    And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy.

God doesn’t need permission, sacrifice or anything to save, forgive or whatever HE wants HE is THE GOD. He is unfathomable he didn’t need Jesus nor does he need Jesus to fulfill any payment we just don’t want to work it out

The conclusion of Job

42 Then Job answered the Lord:

2 “I know that thou canst do all things,
    and that no purpose of thine can be thwarted.
    3 ‘Who is this that hides counsel without knowledge?’
    Therefore I have uttered what I did not understand,
    things too wonderful for me, which I did not know.
    4 ‘Hear, and I will speak;
    I will question you, and you declare to me.’
    5 I had heard of thee by the hearing of the ear,
    but now my eye sees thee;
    6 therefore I despise myself,
    and repent in dust and ashes.”

GOD can punish or restore whatever He wants for whatever purpose He wants and He can never be Unjust because there is no one to Judge HIM

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,

So using these verses you hope to find a way to be forgiven without obeying His command to LISTEN to His Son?

I will pray for you

bodhitharta
    Participant

Nick

If you listen to his “son” you would know that what I am saying is right, Jesus talks about how wonderful and giving his God is but you don’t hear Jesus

Mark 11:25
    And whenever you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against any one; so that your Father also who is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.”

what, seriously…no blood….no sacrifice…no punishment. God forgives? Is Jesus just saying that God forgives until he gets on the cross then you have to believe something different?

Matthew 5:47-48King James Version (KJV)

47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?

48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Nick please help Jesus is saying things that sound like you can be close and loving to God without a crucifixion what should I do, should I believe him?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,

This is my Son

Listen to him””

God said.

But you say God does not have a son.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,

Yes you can rationalise all you like.

But God and His word are greater.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,

Jesus spoke the words about forgiveness to his brothers.

God is their Father.

God does not accept parenthood to those who reject His son and have other gods and teachers

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,

It is only when we are reborn of the Holy Spirit that God becomes OUR FATHER.

Then we can pray to Him

Our Father Which art in heaven..

Änd the Spirit of the Son in us calls to Him ABBA FATHER

bodhitharta
    Participant

Yes, I say that but you also don’t agree when he says he has only been sent to the lost sheep of Israel, right?

What’s the difference between when you disagree with what was said and I disagree with something?

My explanation is, it is not uncommon to call someone “son” without their being an actual blood connection and that God had already called many many others son without any confusion. what is your explanation of him declaring that he was sent ONLY to the lost sheep of Israel?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,

Indeed he did say he was only sent to the lost sheep of Israel.

But in his brothers he continued his mission to all. That work continues now.

The  sons of God are led by the Spirit of God.

Sonship is by sharing of the Spirit.

sonofGod
    Participant

Yes

bodhitharta
    Participant

Okay, then we agree that God has no son in a literal sense.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,

Why would being a son by the Spirit reduce the veracity of the scripture that the Holy Spirit is his father?

Align truth and do not try to cause it to oppose itself.

Truth is all. You are nothing

bodhitharta
    Participant

Indeed he did say he was only sent to the lost sheep of Israel.

But in his brothers he continued his mission to all. That work continues now

Matthew 10:5
    These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:

Once again Jesus not only said it wasn’t his mission but it wasn’t their mission as well, right?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,

Until the Spirit was born into the disciples the work of God was to the chosen people.

But even so God healed the “dogs” by crumbs that fell from the table.

bodhitharta
    Participant

The “dogs” were referring to people like you non-jews and how do you feel about that, also the disciples had the spirit and they still did not want to go to the gentiles, Paul wanted to and finally Peter was given a vision that it was okay but most simply did not want to and did not go to the gentiles, which tells you that Jesus did not teach them that this was there mission

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,

God was at work in them to will and to do[phil2]

They were led by the Spirit of Christ.

Look beyond the flesh.

Flesh contributes nothing.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

BD…..YES IT DOES MEAN THE SIN OF A PERSON IS ANSWERED BY THE PERSON, THAT IS CLEAR, BUT IT ALSO SAY THE SOUL THAT SINS, IT SHALL DIE. We should not elimate what that statement means from those words Either.

Now scripture also say,

ROM 3:9-31….WHAT THEN? ARE WE BETTER THEN THEY? NO, IN NO WISE: FOR WE HAVE BEFORE PROVEN BOTH JEWS AND GENTILES, THAT THEY “ALL” ARE UNDER SIN; 10, as it IS WRITTEN, THERE IS “NONE” RIGHTIOUS, NO, NOT ONE: 11, THERE IS NONE THAT UNDERSTANDS, THERE IS NONE THAT SEEKETS AFTER GOD. 12, THEY ARE “ALL” GONE OUT OF THE WAY, THEY ARE TOGETHER BECOME UNPROFITABLE; THERE IS NONE THAT DOETH GOOD, NO NOT ONE……….> Read the whole thing and tell me what you think.

Now is that not saying, a man can not make himself rightious, nor can he truly, on his own become truly a good person,

Gal 3:22…..> BUT THE SCRIPTURE HAS CONCLUDED “ALL” UNDER (that is to be controled by) “SIN”, THAT THE PROMISE BY THE FAITH OF JESUS CHRIST MIGHT BE GIVEN TO THEM THAT “BELIEVE”.

peace and love to you and yours. ……………..gene

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 137 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account