NO W sound!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Hi Ed,
    I don’t watch preachers /teachers on YouTube.

Hi Miia,

If you want to stay in ignorance that is your choice to make.
    But be it known to you, it is my choice to expose your error!

Ed J
    Participant

(1) Let’s go back to basics.
    What language did Jesus and his disciples speak?

(2) Ed, you should know better than to believe some random guy with no known credentials posting on YouTube. Do you believe everything you watch there?

Hi Miia,

1) The evidence suggests Hebrew and Greek.

2) The only the book of the bible that was written in Aramaic was Daniel – and only PART of that book!
    You better go back and see what your false god ‘Almighty Wikipedia’ says in that regard!

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Miia,

…………………………………YHVH is GOD

This video provides evidence that there never was a “W” sound in ancient Hebrew.
    Please reconsider watching it, it may be one of the reasons why you are here.

Miia
    Participant

This video provides evidence that there never was a “W” sound in ancient Hebrew.

Hi Ed.

I prefer trustworthy evidence to even consider what you say.

Do you have anything else?

Miia
    Participant

1) The evidence suggests Hebrew and Greek.

Jesus spoke Hebrew and Greek, and not Aramaic according to your evidence. What evidence?

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Ed.

(A) I prefer trustworthy evidence to even consider what you say.

(B) Do you have anything else?

Hi Miia,

A) Are you calling the evidence I present untrustworthy?
    B) Yes:

(1) “A wise man(/woman) will hear, and will increase learning” (Prov 1:5)
    (2) “Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.” (Prov 16:18)
    (3) “He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him.” (Prov 18:13)
    (4) “The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise.” (Prov 12:15)
    (5) “the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him(/her) in the last day.” (John 12:48) You want more?
    (6) “Correction is grievous unto him that forsaketh the way: and he that hateth reproof shall die.” (Prov 15:10)

The Witness Ed

Ed J
    Participant

What language did Jesus and his disciples speak?

The evidence suggests Hebrew and Greek.

Jesus spoke Hebrew and Greek, and not Aramaic according to your evidence. What evidence?

Hi Miia,

Are you now being deceptive? You asked:
    “What language did Jesus and his disciples speak?”
    And I responded: “The evidence suggests Hebrew and Greek”

Then you eliminate Jesus’ disciples from the
    equation and accuse me by this response:
    ‘not Aramaic according to your evidence’

1. Hebrew: Luke 2:46-47
    2. Greek: Matthew 15:7-9
    3. Aramaic: Matthew 27:46
    4. Heck, Jesus may have even spoke Roman?

Is it not you, rather then me, who is being untrustworthy? …think about it!
    Untrustworthy, because you will not watch what I have provided for you.
    You are also being accusatory, acting as ‘an adversary, one who resists’

Miia
    Participant

Ed,

What are his sources of information, and are they credible sources? That’s all I’m asking: no need for a song and dance!

I learned all this in Arts and Humanities.

Ed J
    Participant

WATCH THE VIDEO!

It’s the easiest thing you can do

Miia
    Participant

But, what are his credentials? What are his sources? Surely you would know, or why watch him?

Ed J
    Participant

what are his credentials?

Nehemia Gordon (1972 –) is a Karaite Jew. He was born to a Jewish family of rabbis. Nehemia is a native of Chicago but has lived in Jerusalem, Israel since making Aliyah in 1993.

Until recently Gordon served on Universal Karaite Judaism’s “Religious Council” (which is the lower religious council in the Karaite Organization), and on the Board of Directors of the ancient Karaite synagogue in Jerusalem. He is also a co-founder of the World Karaite Movement, a Karaite revival group. He coordinates aviv searches each year and releases information on the crescent new moon sightings in Israel. From 2007 to 2008, Nehemia Gordon served in the position of Provost of the Karaite Jewish University.

Gordon holds a Master’s degree in Biblical Studies from the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. He assisted in the translation of texts contained in The Dead Sea Scrolls Reader, was an assistant on the Dead Sea Scrolls Publication project coordinated by Emanuel Tov, and worked as a researcher on the Hebrew University Bible Project under the auspices of Shemaryahu Talmon.

Gordon appeared in an ESPN special broadcast before the 39th Super Bowl talking about his time as the Hebrew teacher of the late NFL star, Reggie White. Gordon subsequently spoke about White’s spiritual journey in an episode of ESPN SportsCentury. In 2007 a Jerusalem Post article on Karaite Judaism included a feature about Gordon. Gordon also appeared as a guest on Zola Levitt Ministries Television, a Messianic Jewish group, where he was interviewed about his religious beliefs. [b]Link[/b]

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Miia,

Now that I did what you want,
    are you going to do what I want?
    Or is this only going to be one way?

You post videos here, and expect others to watch them, but
    when I post videos – expecting you to watch them – you refuse.

Does that fit the definition of Hypocrisy? You know Hypocrisy is what Jesus hated most:

“Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying, This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth,
    and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. But in vain they do worship me,
    teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.” (Matthew 15:7-9)

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Miia,

When you posted those zionist propaganda videos,
    did the guy on the video have any ‘credentials’?
    You mean expected me to watch a video by a
    guy who had absolutely no ‘credentials’?

Mmmm

Miia
    Participant

Nehemia Gordon (1972 –) is a Karaite Jew. He was born to a Jewish family of rabbis. Nehemia is a native of Chicago but has lived in Jerusalem, Israel since making Aliyah in 1993.

Until recently Gordon served on Universal Karaite Judaism’s “Religious Council” (which is the lower religious council in the Karaite Organization), and on the Board of Directors of the ancient Karaite synagogue in Jerusalem. He is also a co-founder of the World Karaite Movement, a Karaite revival group. He coordinates aviv searches each year and releases information on the crescent new moon sightings in Israel. From 2007 to 2008, Nehemia Gordon served in the position of Provost of the Karaite Jewish University.

Gordon holds a Master’s degree in Biblical Studies from the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. He assisted in the translation of texts contained in The Dead Sea Scrolls Reader, was an assistant on the Dead Sea Scrolls Publication project coordinated by Emanuel Tov, and worked as a researcher on the Hebrew University Bible Project under the auspices of Shemaryahu Talmon.

Gordon appeared in an ESPN special broadcast before the 39th Super Bowl talking about his time as the Hebrew teacher of the late NFL star, Reggie White. Gordon subsequently spoke about White’s spiritual journey in an episode of ESPN SportsCentury. In 2007 a Jerusalem Post article on Karaite Judaism included a feature about Gordon. Gordon also appeared as a guest on Zola Levitt Ministries Television, a Messianic Jewish group, where he was interviewed about his religious beliefs.

Well thanks – you could have told me that earlier.

Gordan said that some ancient Jews may have pronounced it as a W and some pronounced it as a V

He never mentioned Aramaic which was apparently the language Jesus spoke.

So, according to your source: It was either a V or a W, and is pronounced differently depending on different Hebrew pronunciations.

I saw no compelling evidence in the video for your own argument.

I don’t believe it matters either way, because God knows who we address.

However, when it comes to 666 – then WWW (the world wide web) IS a ‘possibility’ if 6 = W rather than V. Furthermore, Jesus spoke Aramaic which pronounced the 6th letter as W.

Now, here’s a video I found from the Ancient Hebrew Research Center.

Miia
    Participant

When you posted those zionist propaganda videos,
    did the guy on the video have any ‘credentials’?
    You mean expected me to watch a video by a guy who had absolutely no ‘credentials’?

You didn’t even watch them, did you.
    There were THOUSANDS of Guys. It was a meeting of Jews and Rabbis.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Miia,

Did you watch the entire video now? y/n
    Be honest, because I don’t believe you have.

I’ll watch your video after you confirm that
    you have watched my video in its entirety; deal?

It is only a little over 11 minutes and it should
    help you to lose some of your misconceptions:

Ed J
    Participant

Well thanks – you could have told me that earlier.

By your response I do not believe you have watched it
    even as of yet, at least not in its entirety; did you?

Miia
    Participant

Ed – I watched the whole video. Beginning to end. Heard every word.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Miia,

How did you miss the part where he says the “W” sound came from Arabic
    which is a corrupted form of Hebrew. And how did you miss the part
    where he says none of the Jewish cultures further from the Arabic
    say a “W” sound. And how did you miss the part where he said
    the “BET” is frequently written substituted for the “VAV”?

You add these all these facts together, and add to it his recent discovery
    of all three vowel points of God’s name in the “Aleppo Codex”
    which pronounces God’s name was YeHoVaH.

That means there NEVER WAS a “W” sound in ancient Hebrew; PERIOD! And that means
    ‘ya-way’ is a corruption – a blasphemous abomination of God’s name: YHVH

I hope I have made myself clear

Ed J
    Participant

However, when it comes to 666 – then WWW (the world wide web) IS a ‘possibility’ if 6 = W rather than V. Furthermore, Jesus spoke Aramaic which pronounced the 6th letter as W.

Hi Miia,

FFF is 666
    WWW is 23,23,23

There never was “W” sound in ancient Hebrew, so your theory is all washed up.
    And besides, if you believe the internet is evil, then stay off it – problem fixed!

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 72 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account