New Board or Not

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

Ed J, it is likely that the PM box will not be transferable and links will definitely break because the URLs to topics will be different. That said, this current forum would remain live, but I would just remove the ability to post. So you would still have access to PMs.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Dec. 10 2012,11:39)
    Ed J, it is likely that the PM box will not be transferable and links will definitely break because the URLs to topics will be different. That said, this current forum would remain live, but I would just remove the ability to post. So you would still have access to PMs.

OK, great. Thanks T8.

david
    Participant

I have always thought it would be great to see someone's posts, or someone's threads that they started.

Since I can't figure out youtube, that doesn't concern me as much. :-).

I say scrap this one. Organize the next one better:

The 43 threads on Michael the archangel could all be in one thread. Or the 857 threads on trinity could all be in a trinity section. It often feels like someone that wants to discuss something just starts another thread, which is fine, I think, if its somewhere that it belongs. For me, I like research and going back to find things. Harder to do that if there are 10,000 threads. Bu if they were organized somehow, it wouldn't be so much a problem.

Will JEd be allowed on the new thread? (Just joking).

david
    Participant

I vote that you cut and paste all of these posts into the new website. Could you do that t8? I know it might take a few months. Still, it would be nice. 🙂

terraricca
    Participant

t8

and if possible if their could be a sub forum with P:W access for those that are quoting in there ,I do not know if this is working in practice but ???

david
    Participant

Is there a new board now?

Proclaimer
    Participant

It is set up, but not in use right now.
    I am thinking to use it in future but for a purpose other than what this forum is doing.

kerwin
    Participant

T8,

Technology changes will force your hand. I prefer keeping both boards open as you phase one in and the other out while encouraging people to migrate to the newer one.

The feasibility of doing that is something for you to determine as is the timing.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Agreed Kerwin. I think you are the only one to understand this, or perhaps say it.

Admin
    Keymaster

I am still going to make the old forum available in read mode and give access PMs too. Just been too busy to do this.

I am also happy with the way the forum has turned out. A bit of a learning curve for all, but a much richer and better looking experience in usability.

I had to turn off the forum search unfortunately. The forum is too big and doing a search pushed the site to use higher than allocated CPU resources on the server, resulting in the site going offline for a couple of minutes. Will hopefully be able to turn this on in the future when servers are more powerful and cheaper to run.

Proclaimer
    Participant

t8, do you think what I have suggested to Pierre in the above post will work for what he wants as far as a place where he can discuss with only certain people?

Actually this is possible now. I just need to tweak some settings and members will have the ability to create a private group with its own private forum.

Admin
    Keymaster

Members should be able to set up private groups now and invite others to join.

🙂

Miia
    Participant

Hi. Repeated posting code errors, constant need to edit to fix (takes too long).

Are these errors fixable?

Proclaimer
    Participant

What are the specifics. Yes they could be fixed if I know what they are.

I am aware the server is slow for this site. I am thinking about what to do about that.

Miia
    Participant

I think it’s turning people off the site, t8.

If we copy and paste (example Bible verses off Biblehub) we have to redo our entire posts because of the errors, and who really wants to do that?

I’ll give some examples underneath.

Miia
    Participant

Ok, copy/pasting off biblehub (which most people use, and bear in mind that any new members would most likely copy and paste bible verses).

<span class=”reftext”><b>9</b></span>In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him. <span class=”reftext”><b>10</b></span>In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. <span class=”reftext”><b>11</b></span>Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. <span class=”reftext”><b>12</b></span>No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God abides in us and his love is perfected in us. (John 1.4)

Miia
    Participant

In this lesson we continue to look at the symbolic time spans in vision and prophecy, especially at the phrase <span class=”scrip”>”a time, times, and half a time”</span> which appears twice in Daniel <span class=”nb”>(Daniel 7:25,</span> <span class=”nb”>Daniel 12:7)</span> and once more in Revelation <span class=”nb”>(Revelation 12:14).</span>

Miia
    Participant

Now if I add my own words in between, it is impossible to edit / correct.

Example:

Quote: “In this lesson we continue to look at the symbolic time spans in vision and prophecy, especially at the phrase <span class=”scrip”>”a time, times, and half a time”</span> which appears twice in Daniel <span class=”nb”>(Daniel 7:25,</span> <span class=”nb”>Daniel 12:7)</span> and once more in Revelation <span class=”nb”>(Revelation 12:14).”</span>

Ok, so whatever I might put here…

Verse: <span class=”reftext”><b>5</b></span>They are from the world; therefore they speak from the world, and the world listens to them. <span class=”reftext”><b>6</b></span>We are from God. Whoever knows God listens to us; whoever is not from God does not listen to us. By this we know the Spirit of truth and the spirit of error.

And then I make some other comment..

Miia
    Participant

<p align=”center”><b><span style=”font-family: Arial; font-size: x-large;”><span style=”font-size: large;”>Recorded by Josephus (Written in AD75)</span></span></b></p>

• <p align=”justify”><span style=”font-family: Arial;”><b>[c. November 66]</b>   After this calamity had befallen Cestius, <i>many of the most eminent of the Jews swam away from the city</i>…   Jewish War 2:20:1</span></p>

<p align=”center”><span style=”font-family: Arial;”><span class=”copy”> <span style=”color: #800000;”>Flavius Josephus</span><span style=”color: #800000;”> (A.D. 75) </span> <span style=”color: #800000;”>(Opportunity Arises to Flee) “It then happened that Cestius was not conscious either </span></span></span></p>

Miia
    Participant

See what I mean 🙂

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account