Mystery of the Jews

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 88 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,

So Abraham was not a Christian but a faithful servant of God.

KW is just muddying the water.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

Abraham is a Christian as is show by Jesus’ words ” Your father Abraham rejoiced at the thought of seeing my day; he saw it and was glad.”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

No.

Good try

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

It is obvious that Abraham is a Christian because according to Scripture he believed in Christ. It is so obvious that I question even discussing it since you claim to be blind. God has not given me the power to heal blindness not even to teach as I am still a student myself.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Abraham Isaac and Jacob are chosen of God and sealed with the eternal Spirit.

They will be at the wedding feast but it is your flight of fancy that calls them christians

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

What do you believe a Christian is and why do you believe Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob do not apply.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Where does the bible define Christianity and where does it say those who came before Christ are Christian?

Participant

Hi Nick and KW:

I don’t believe that you can call Abraham a Christian inasmuch as the term for the disciples was first used here:

25 Then departed Barnabas to Tarsus, for to seek Saul:

26 And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

kerwin
    Participant

I am not using Christian to mean a literal student-adherent of Christ though since Abraham was a student-adherent of the words spoken by the Spirit of Christ he may also be considered a student-adherent of Christ.

I was using it in the since of claiming Abraham has the same religion as the disciples of Christ since he worships the same God and he believes in Christ.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

Christian is a label placed on the early student-adherents of Christ.

It is now considered a religion. As religion is an English word that in this case means “an organized system of beliefs, ceremonies, and rules used to worship a god or a group of gods” (Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary, accessed 21 Nov. 2015)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Yes know you add your own ideas in with what is written.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Philo seemed to take the same approach.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

I seek to understand what is written because God warns us away from willful lack of knowledge.

Philo voiced the his version of the ideas of the true religion. Out of his mouth come sweet water and foul water as is common with humanity (James 3:10) Those that listen to the Spirit can tell the sweet from the foul and neither keep them both nor throw them both out.

Abraham worship the same God as Jesus’ disciples and have one faith but he lived before the covenant of Moses and they entered the covenant of Christ. There are many covenants but only one religion. Put away those foul things that you have been taught.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

John was greater than all the prophets but all in the kingdom are greater than he.

They are covered with the robe of righteousness of the Son.

Participant

Hi KW:

I am not using Christian to mean a literal student-adherent of Christ though since Abraham was a student-adherent of the words spoken by the Spirit of Christ he may also be considered a student-adherent of Christ.

I was using it in the since of claiming Abraham has the same religion as the disciples of Christ since he worships the same God and he believes in Christ.

(The scriptures state that “Abraham believed God and it was accounted to him for righteousness”)  I don’t believe that he can be called a student-adherent of Christ.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

We should not put aside what is written for your additions and subtractions should we?.

kerwin
    Participant

Marty,

Abraham believed the words of the Spirit of Christ just as the disciples believed the words of the Spirit as Jesus spoke as he was carried along by it. The Spirit taught different things to Abraham than it did to the literal disciples of Jesus Christ but it is the same teacher.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Jesus Christ is greater than Abraham.

The seed of Abraham wanted to kill the Son of God. jn8 37.

Becoming a Jew offers no advantage to anyone who has heard the gospel of Jesus Christ

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

The way to enter the kingdom of heaven was not preached until after John’s preaching. John preached that the Christ was coming just as foretold to both Abraham and Adam before him. Those two believe the words of the Spirit of Christ but they looked forward to his coming. John did not need to look forward as the Christ came before he died and yet he was invited to enter the kingdom of heaven. Unlike Jesus Christ, the new covenant would not be in effect until after John’s death.

John’s religion is still Jesus religion as he taught was appropriate Jesus taught what was appropriate to his but it was the Spirit of Christ that spoke through both of them.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Religion?

Joining the body of Christ is not joining a religion.

True religion is defined in James.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 88 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account