Mind Your Faith

This topic contains 17 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  miia 5 days, 21 hours ago.

• Author
     miia 
    Participant
    • Topics started 25
    • Total replies 1,405

Anyone here understand if they are honest.

“Still others are like the seeds sown among the thorns. They hear the word, but the cares of this life, the deceitfulness of wealth, and the desire for other things come in and choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful.” (Mark 3:19)

miia 
    Participant
    • Topics started 25
    • Total replies 1,405

James 5:16

“And the prayer offered in faith will restore the one who is sick. The Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven.

Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man has great power to prevail. Elijah was a man just like us. He prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the land for three and a half years.…

GeneBalthrop 
    Participant
    • Topics started 42
    • Total replies 15,834

Miia ….IT IS INDEED ALL ABOUT FAITH, AND LOVE, AND WE NEED TO ALL APROACH OUR GOD HUMBLY WITH ALL GRAVITY OF FAITH, DID HE NOT SAY “I AM FOUND BY THEM WHO SEEK ME”, WHAT A PRIVILEGE AND HONOR TO BE ACCEPTED AND HEARD BY OUR HEAVENLY FATHER. HE DISCIPLINES US FOR OUR OWN GOOD, SO WE CAN PRODUCE THE FRUITS OF RIGHTEOUSNESS.

Peace and love to you and yours. …….gene

miia 
    Participant
    • Topics started 25
    • Total replies 1,405

Gene,

“I revealed myself to those who did not ask for me; I was found by those who did not seek me. To a nation that did not call on my name, I said, ‘Here am I, here am I.’

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 68,583

Hi Miia,

Lovely words.

GeneBalthrop 
    Participant
    • Topics started 42
    • Total replies 15,834

Miia….Yes God did that to provok Isreal to Jealousy and to extend his salvation to all mankind also. But he also said that he was found by those who seek him too as i recall. The earth is to become full of the knowledge of God, so that no lomger will a man teach his neighbor about God m “for they all shall know of me from the lest to the gretest, says the LORD”.

Peace and love to you and yours. …….gene

miia 
    Participant
    • Topics started 25
    • Total replies 1,405

Yes but faith can become weak.

Ed J 
    Participant
    • Topics started 155
    • Total replies 27,763

“Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you” (James 4:8)

miia 
    Participant
    • Topics started 25
    • Total replies 1,405

That is a good verse Ed.

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 68,583

Hi Miia,

For ground that drinks in the rain which often falls on it and brings forth vegetation useful to those for whose sake it is also tilled receives a blessing from God; but if it yields thorns and thistles it is worthless and close to being cursed, and it ends up being burned.

Heb 6.7f

miia 
    Participant
    • Topics started 25
    • Total replies 1,405

So how to overcome? Because there are overcomer’s, like Jesus.

Ed J 
    Participant
    • Topics started 155
    • Total replies 27,763

Hi Miia, here is what you overcome…

“For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes,
    and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.And the world
    passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth
    for ever.” (1 John 2:16-17)

Ed J 
    Participant
    • Topics started 155
    • Total replies 27,763

…as you can see Miia, that is not planet Earth. But the fallen creation!

Ed J 
    Participant
    • Topics started 155
    • Total replies 27,763

The rudiments is what gets burned up, not planet Earth

miia 
    Participant
    • Topics started 25
    • Total replies 1,405

Hi Miia, here is what you overcome…

“For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes,
    and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.And the world
    passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth
    for ever.” (1 John 2:16-17)

Good verse thanks Ed. It goes with what Jesus said “Still others are like the seeds sown among the thorns. They hear the word, but the cares of this life, the deceitfulness of wealth, and the desire for other things come in and choke the word.”

We should become monks!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2018 Heaven Net

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account