Miia on the HotSeat

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 19 posts - 21 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Your question: “Do you believe “the spirit of Christ” is God?”

The Holy Spirit is not God in His totality.
    I can’t say ‘Yes, the Holy Spirit IS God’, when it is a part of God.
    I can’t say ‘No, the Holy Spirit is not God’, because the Holy Spirit is a part of God.
    I can’t say ‘I don’t know’ either, because that’s saying I don’t know when I do know.

“Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither
    what they say, nor whereof they affirm.” (1 Tim 1:7)

Miia
    Participant

I did NOT CHANGE YOUR QUESTION, you liar.

The Holy Sprit IS the Spirit of Christ, and IS the Spirit of God. So how could I “change your question?” Are you OK?

Miia
    Participant

Just wait and see what t8 says.

Ed J
    Participant

I can’t say ‘Yes
    I can’t say ‘No
    I can’t say ‘I don’t know’ either

Then you are not answering my question

“The lips of the righteous know what is acceptable:
    but the mouth of the wicked speaketh frowardness.” (Prov 10:32)

Ed J
    Participant

Just wait and see what t8 says.

T8 is the one that made up the “Yes” – “No” – “I don’t know” answering system; I assure you it wasn’t me.
    But since he has come up with it, I see that it does have usefulness; and that is why I ask you
    this and other y/n questions; because its usefulness is to define another’s belief.

If he tells you to answer, then what – your ‘pride’ will make you walk
    instead of playing by the rules and answering simple questions.
    How does that hep anybody – it doesn’t even help you.

Ed J
    Participant

I did NOT CHANGE YOUR QUESTION, you liar.

Really I’m a liar? Who said this…

Oh, I thought you were threatening to put me on the HotSeat, so I beat you to it.

Why would I do that? I could have long ago, but I didn’t.

Started a new topic for you, Ed.

Then who started the HotSeat thread called “EdJ’s turn”? [b](Link)[/b]

What do you call it when someone says they are not going to do
    something and then they do what they said they would not?
    I call it a lie, perhaps you have a different name?

Miia
    Participant

You are deceitful, EdJ.

For months you have not answered my questions. Do I need to dig up proof when I have better things to do?

The other night I had to choose whether to put you on the Hotseat to get those answers, or to open a thread in the “Group Discussions” section. I CHOSE THE GROUP DISCUSSIONS SECTION, because I did not think the Hotseat was fair, for the first question I asked.

You still did not answer my questions EVEN THOUGH I HAD ANSWERED YOURS. Then on the first page you threatened me with the Hotseat EVEN THOUGH I NEVER MENTIONED IT. It’s YOU who has been obsessed lately with ‘Yes, No, or I don’t know’, as I am sure there are plenty of witnesses to.

Here is where you threatened me:

Ed J Unanswered Posts

Then you opened up a Hotseat topic because you ‘apparently’ read my post wrong (which I doubt):

Ed J Unanswered Posts

I answered your question, but then you wanted me banned, which you were likely planning for weeks (still haven’t got over the “Numbers Riddle” no doubt!). So I said ‘Sure’; only you have to answer my question. THAT’S when I opened YOUR Hotset question, considering I might be banned.

Perhaps you should stop being deceitful.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Miia,

Clearly you misread my motives, I don’t want you banned,
    I merely want you to answer my defining questions.

You claim you answered my question,
    but all you have done is alter it;
    which is no answer at all to
    a “Yes” or “No” question.

Only “Yes”, “No”, or “I don’t Know” are acceptable answers. So I have
    answered your question while you have not answered my question.
    All I’m asking is that you simply give an answer to my questions.

But what I see instead is: your ‘pride’ is getting in your way from being truthful.

And it is really sad ):

Ed J
    Participant

The other night I had to choose whether to put you on the Hotseat to get those answers, or to open a thread in the “Group Discussions” section. I CHOSE THE GROUP DISCUSSIONS SECTION, because I did not think the Hotseat was fair, for the first question I asked.

Hi Miia,

All you’re doing over there is bickering
    and trying to argue over misconceptions.

I will not participate in such folly, instead
    I’m trying to define “what you believe” so I can
    show you the appropriate Scripture to help you grow.

Miia
    Participant

Hi Miia,

All you’re doing over there is bickering
    and trying to argue over misconceptions.

I will not participate in such folly, instead
    I’m trying to define “what you believe” so I can
    show you the appropriate Scripture to help you grow.

Yeah, Right.

You can not answer my questions, it’s as simple as that.

You know you are wrong. You know that when the son of man returns, this place will be flames. But you believe that is unfair, and you don’t want to admit your feelings. God is God, he can do what he wants. You are not God, nor the creator.

Just like you won’t admit that you speak to Jesus through prayer, or admit that you DON’T speak to the Son. You speak ABOUT The Son, but don’t speak TO Him (yes, you speak to people here all day and night if you have your way), but not the Son. Which is it? Do I continue assuming?

“Whoever is ashamed of me and of my words, of him will the Son of Man be ashamed when he comes in his glory and the glory of the Father and of the holy angels.” (ring any bells?)

People only prayed to the Father. Really?

“I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me“. (John 14.6)

And this is life eternal, that they might know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.”  John 17.3. (Can’t know Him if we don’t speak to him).
    To the church of God in Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus and called to be holy, together with all those everywhere who call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ—their Lord and ours. (1 Cor. 1.1)

While they were stoning him, Stephen prayed [epikaleo= “calling upon”], Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.
    Then he fell on his knees and cried out, “Lord, do not hold this sin against them.” (Acts 7.59)

Now there was a certain disciple at Damascus named Ananias; and to him the Lord said in a vision, “Ananias.”
    And he said, “Here I am, Lord.”
    So the Lord said to him, “Arise and go to the street called Straight, and inquire at the house of Judas for one called Saul of Tarsus, for behold, he is praying.
    And in a vision he has seen a man named Ananias coming in and putting his hand on him, so that he might receive his sight.”
    Then Ananias answered, “Lord, I have heard from many about this man, how much harm he has done to Your saints in Jerusalem.
    And here he has authority from the chief priests to bind all who call on Your name.” (Acts 9.10-14)

Then they prayed, “Lord, you know everyone’s heart. Show us which of these two you have chosen to take over this apostolic ministry, which Judas left to go where he belongs.” (Acts 1.24)

Three times I pleaded [parakaleo=to beseech] with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.” (2 Cor 12.8)

And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it. (John 14.14)

Miia
    Participant

Clearly you misread my motives, I don’t want you banned

Ha ha……… whatever!

Miia
    Participant

If you did not want me banned, why did you spend the last week obsessed with “Yes, No or I don’t know” and being banned as a consequence of not answering. You even asked t8 about the question you asked me continually. You did not accept my answer, no matter how often I gave it. I stand by my answer, and have done all along.

A part of me says you are genuine, and only want answers; but somehow I don’t think so.

Miia
    Participant

“I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me“. (John 14.6)

“And this is life eternal, that they might know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.” John 17.3. (Can’t know Him if we don’t speak to him).
    To the church of God in Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus and called to be holy, together with all those everywhere who call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ—their Lord and ours. (1 Cor. 1.1)

While they were stoning him, Stephen prayed [epikaleo= “calling upon”], Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.”
    Then he fell on his knees and cried out, “Lord, do not hold this sin against them.” (Acts 7.59)

Now there was a certain disciple at Damascus named Ananias; and to him the Lord said in a vision, “Ananias.”
    And he said, “Here I am, Lord.”
    So the Lord said to him, “Arise and go to the street called Straight, and inquire at the house of Judas for one called Saul of Tarsus, for behold, he is praying.
    And in a vision he has seen a man named Ananias coming in and putting his hand on him, so that he might receive his sight.”
    Then Ananias answered, “Lord, I have heard from many about this man, how much harm he has done to Your saints in Jerusalem.
    And here he has authority from the chief priests to bind all who call on Your name.” (Acts 9.10-14)

Then they prayed, “Lord, you know everyone’s heart. Show us which of these two you have chosen to take over this apostolic ministry, which Judas left to go where he belongs.” (Acts 1.24)

Three times I pleaded [parakaleo=to beseech] with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.” (2 Cor 12.8)

And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it. (John 14.14)

Lord Jesus, I pray for this man, EdJ, that you will show him, if it is in your will.

Miia
    Participant

after all she still has much to learn from us all here!

Perhaps you have things to learn. Have you ever considered that?

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Miia,

I believe I can get you to answer to my question here [b](Link)[/b]

T8 if you are reading this: again I ask give me the latitude to work this out with Miia as I believe I can

(all things are possible with God)

Proclaimer
    Participant

If you did not want me banned, why did you spend the last week obsessed with “Yes, No or I don’t know” and being banned as a consequence of not answering.

The point of the Hot Seat is not to ban people, but to get people to answer a question and be straight up. If they refuse, then they can be reported, and if they refuse to answer a reasonable question about their teaching, then they will be banned, until such point they decide to answer the question.

It is a way to flush out time-wasters and people who are not interested in the truth and prefer their own opinion and ego to win than the let the truth win.

I believe that a person who loves truth will even love a rebuke if it shows them more truth that they were not aware of.

It’s a way to bring more quality and wisdom, rather than more quantity and time wasting.

Miia
    Participant

Hi t8.

Ed’s question was:

Do you believe “the spirit of Christ” is God? “Yes” or “No”?
    (remember “I don’t know” is also an acceptable answer)

My answer has always been:

The spirit of Christ, which is the Holy Spirit, is a part of God.

“These things God has revealed to us through the Spirit. For the Spirit searches everything, even the depths of God. For who knows a person’s thoughts except the spirit of that person, which is in him? So also no one comprehends the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.”

As you can see, the question can not be answered with a ‘Yes or a No’. And if I said “I don’t know”, I would be lying. Which is why my answer is and always has been: “The Holy Spirit is a part of God”.

But, that’s not good enough for Ed. He demands a ‘Yes, No, or I don’t know’, which I don’t think is reasonable.

I have given my answer repeatedly.

I have shown other people (non-forum) the question and my answer and they think his demands are ridiculous, and they don’t know why I would waste my time.

Did you reply to this thread because Ed asked you to take a look? Nice, Ed. If that is so.

Ed J
    Participant

(1)Did you reply to this thread because Ed asked you to take a look? Nice, Ed. If that is so.
    (2)He demands a ‘Yes, No, or I don’t know’, which I don’t think is reasonable.
    (3)And if I said “I don’t know”, I would be lying
    (4)As you can see, the question can not be answered with a ‘Yes or a No’.

Hi Miia,

I want to address four points from this last post of yours.
    And not necessarily in the order that you wrote them.

1) T8 is a good man, and he can see that I’m trying to work this out with you without any intervention.

2) Miia, the asking y/n questions are most reasonable
    as they help define someone’s doctrinal beliefs
    which can then be compared with Scripture.

3) Though you are refusing to answer a very simple y/n question, I can still get
    the answer out of you providing you answer other y/n questions HONESTLY!
    And that’s what I’m using the “Ed J Unanswered Posts” thread for.

4) BS, and as soon as I can ascertain your answer to my question,
    I will most assuredly answer the question you want answered.

Miia
    Participant

Ed J.

Are my words that I speak to you ‘me’?
    I can say ‘no’, my words are not ‘me’ in my entirety.

Is the Holy Spirit (Spirit of Christ) God?
    I can’t answer “yes, the Spirit of Christ (Holy Spirit) IS God”, because God’s entirety is more than only his Holy Spirit from what I understand.
    I can’t answer “no, the Spirit of Christ (Holy Spirit) is NOT God”, just in case I am wrong, and I fear God, (the same goes for the above).
    So, the only option left under your law is “I don’t know”. But that is a lie, because I DO know what I believe, (and have stated it repeatedly). Why would I lie (which is a sin) just to appease your demand? Are you trying to get me to sin?

I believe: the Holy Spirit (Spirit of Christ) is a Part of God.

How many times do I have to repeat that?

I can still get
    the answer out of you providing you answer other y/n questions HONESTLY!
    And that’s what I’m using the “Ed J Unanswered Posts” thread for.

Yes, then keep asking. I have so far answered y/n to them.

Viewing 19 posts - 21 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account