Mercy

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 19 posts - 101 through 119 (of 119 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

Nick Hassan wrote:

No we are told.

Did you ever read the entire scripture of Hebrew 4 to which your refer?  I ask this because it actually contradicts your point with the words:

Hebrews 4:9-11(NIV) reads:

There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God; for anyone who enters God's rest also rests from his own work, just as God did from his. Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one will fall by following their example of disobedience.

Nick Hassan wrote:

We are told to seek first the kingdom because it is the Spirit that enables sanctification and not the useless striving of weak men.

How do you seek the kingdom of God? It seems obviously you seek it by obeying all God’s commands as that makes God the King of your life.  To obey all of God’s commands you must first obey all of Jesus’ teachings as by those teachings you receive and live by the Spirit.   If you live by the Spirit then you do not sin.  At no time do I say you stop sinning by human effort so I fail to see your point unless you do not know what you speak of.

Nick Hassan wrote:

We are to become sons of God led by the Spirit as only the Holy Spirit can make us holy in the sight of God.

That is true.

Nick Hassan wrote:

If we seek our own righteousness then we are discarding the robe of righteousness of the Son which can and should cloak us.

That is true as Jesus clothes us with a true righteousness where we do not sin and not a fake one where we continue in our sins as some claim.  He really did come to save us from our sins not to allow us to continue to sin without paying the just penalty for those sins.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    There is only obedience to one command that saves us.
    Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and everything else will be ADDED TO YOU
    You must be born again into Jesus of water and the Spirit to see the kingdom and to enter it.

Seld perfectionism is another human folly.
    Whoever wants to save his own life will lose it.

Proverbs 14:12
    There is a way which seems right to a man,But its end is the way of death.

Zechariah 4:6
    Then he said to me, “This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel saying, ' Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,' says the LORD of hosts.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick Hassan wrote:

There is only obedience to one command that saves us.

That is correct and that command is love your neighbor as yourself but if you keep that command then you keep all the rest just as it is written:

James 2:8-11(NIV) reads:

If you really keep the royal law found in Scripture, “Love your neighbor as yourself,” you are doing right. 9But if you show favoritism, you sin and are convicted by the law as lawbreakers. For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it. For he who said, “Do not commit adultery,” also said, “Do not murder.” If you do not commit adultery but do commit murder, you have become a lawbreaker.

And

Romans 13:9(NIV) reads:

The commandments, “Do not commit adultery,” “Do not murder,” “Do not steal,” “Do not covet,” and whatever other commandment there may be, are summed up in this one rule: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

Nick Hassan wrote:

You must be born again into Jesus of water and the Spirit to see the kingdom and to enter it.

You must certainly be born again for the corrupt spirit of man cannot fulfill the law of love your neighbor as yourself while the Spirit is the Spirit of God’s love and if you live by it then you will love as God loves because God will be living in you through your faith that Jesus is the Messiah and Jesus will also live in you mediating between you and God.

Nick Hassan wrote:

Self perfectionism is another human folly.

Perfectionism that comes from human effort is doomed to failure since all true righteousness comes from God but never the less there is a godly perfectionism since we are called to:

2 Corinthians 13:11(NIV) reads:

Finally, brothers, good-by. Aim for perfection, listen to my appeal, be of one mind, live in peace. And the God of love and peace will be with you.

But we can only do that by maturing in the gospel and so learning to live by the Spirit in ever increasing periods until we reach total maturity in the Messiah just as it is written:

Colossians 1:28(NIV) reads:

We proclaim him, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone perfect in Christ.

Nick Hassan wrote:

Whoever wants to save his own life will lose it.

This command is more in relation to Jesus’ command to deny yourself.  If you hold on to your family and friends instead of doing what is right then you will lose your life.  It is far better to leave their fate in God’s hands and seek God righteousness and his kingdom instead.  I assure you God will do what is right by them as He loves them and He loves your too.  Please trust in Him.

Zachariah 4:6 is correct and it is what I have been saying the whole time.  Still we must do those things that God puts in front of us to do or we are rejecting his salvation.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    To be led by the Spirit you must stop striving.
    Ps 46
    10Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick Hassan wrote:

To be led by the Spirit you must stop striving.

Not according to Paul as you can see.

Acts 24:16(NIV) reads:

This being so, I myself always strive to have a conscience without offense toward God and men.

Still the striving is by faith based in trust in God and not by human effort.  That trust is quiet and rest.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    The new burden is light.
    The fruit is from the sap.

NickHassan
    Participant

For CON,
    Blessed are the merciful for they will find mercy.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    God knows man is weak and easily confused.
    Most will not find the way or obey it.
    Merciful is our loving God.

shimmer
    Participant

Amen Nick :)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Most can hope only for mercy

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    They said let his blood be on us and on our children

Luke 23:34
    But Jesus was saying, “Father, forgive them; for they do not know what they are doing.”

terraricca
    Participant

note3

you say;Mercy was not extended to the disobedient in the desert;

I don't think so it was mercy in a greater way than we have ; they saw the miracles of God ,miracles we never sew ,or be part of ,and yet they rejected God way to bring about the promise he had given to their forefathers,and we must understand that they were all single out ,all 64000 of them

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    In Christ we have the sprinkling of blood

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t,
    1Cor 10
    1 Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;

2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;

3 And did all eat the same spiritual meat;

4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

5 But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness.

6 Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted.

7 Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.

8 Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand.

9 Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents.

10 Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer.

11 Now all these things happened unto them for examples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

14 Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry.

15 I speak as to wise men; judge ye what I say.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 10 2014,00:40)
    Hi t,
    1Cor 10
    1 Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;

2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;

3 And did all eat the same spiritual meat;

4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

5 But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness.

6 Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted.

7 Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.

8 Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand.

9 Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents.

10 Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer.

11 Now all these things happened unto them for examples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

14 Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry.

15 I speak as to wise men; judge ye what I say.

Nick

what is your point ???

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 10 2014,00:38)
    Hi T,
    In Christ we have the sprinkling of blood

nick

unless we repent and go to Christ and his father ,to learn his ways and follow them ;we have nothing ,

not even the blood of Christ :remember the bad slave ???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    The lord teaches his brothers.
    But first they must become his brothers.

Then anyone can fall away but the steward showed a way back

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 10 2014,12:56)
    Hi T,
    The lord teaches his brothers.
    But first they must become his brothers.

Then anyone can fall away but the steward showed a way back

N

Jn 17:6 “I have revealed you to those whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours; you gave them to me and they have obeyed your word.
    Jn 17:7 Now they know that everything you have given me comes from you.
    Jn 17:8 For I gave them the words you gave me and they accepted them. They knew with certainty that I came from you, and they believed that you sent me.
    Jn 17:9 I pray for them. I am not praying for the world, but for those you have given me, for they are yours.
    Jn 17:10 All I have is yours, and all you have is mine. And glory has come to me through them.

Jn 17:20 “My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message

ONLY THE TRUE BELIEVERS ARE IMPORTANT THE REST BELONG TO THE WORLD

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

Mercy is the nature of our God.

The merciful will find mercy.

Kindness is a good investment.

Viewing 19 posts - 101 through 119 (of 119 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account