Melchizedek: is it an office or a person

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 257 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Hi Everybody,

Melchizedek means King of Righteousness.
    [מלך] Mĕh-lĕk means King and [צדיק] tzĕdĕk means righteous.
    Dr. Charles Jennings (Click Here) presents the idea that “Melchizedek” is an office
    rather than a specific person, that is of course until Jesus; now it's office doesn't transfer anymore!
    Psalm 110:4 The LORD hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek.

Our story begins in Gen.14:18, where Melchizedek is first mentioned.
    According to “the book of Jasher” (mentioned in The Bible in Joshua 10:13 and 2Samuel 1:18),
    The office of Melchizedek was held by “Shem”. Here are Biblical references: Gen.9:26-27 And he said,
    Blessed be The LORD GOD of Shem; and Canaan shall be his servant. God shall enlarge Japheth,
    and “HE” (YHVH) shall dwell in the tents of Shem; and Canaan shall be his servant.

Melchizedek is (according to Dr. Charles Jennings) an office of “King”/“Priest” first held by Shem.
    Without knowing specifically who this office was passed from person to person down to,
    we see the Melchizedek office well documented in King “David” later transferred to Jesus.
    More Biblical referencing (Matt.12:3-5 But he said unto them, Have ye not read what David did,
    when he was an hungered, and they that were with him; How he entered into the house of God,
    and did eat the showbread, which was not lawful for him to eat, neither for them which were with him,
    but only for the priests?  Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the Sabbath days the priests in the
    temple profane the Sabbath, and are blameless?) King David did these things, yet still remained blameless.

God bless
    Ed J
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Everybody,

1) Here are the FACTS concerning Jesus, according to The Bible…

“The Word”(Holy Spirit) became fully flesh(in Jesus) at Jesus baptism by John;
    In Luke 4:1 He(Holy Spirit) led Jesus into the wilderness  and in Luke 4:14 He(Holy Spirit)
    caused Jesus to return from the wilderness! In Matt.26:39,42 He(Holy Spirit)
    made Jesus aware that he(Jesus) would have to die on a cross for the sins of mankind!
    This is how “The Word”(Jesus’ Father) was made flesh, and dwelt among us. (John 14:9 / John 1:14)

2) Let’s look at the beginning of Jesus (physical) life from the standpoint of genetics.

Science suggests that blood in the fetus comes from the father’s genetics.
    That would mean “Jesus” had “GOD Blood” running through his veins.
    To put this in scientific terms (according to facts written in the Bible),
    that would mean Jesus at his birth was ½(50%) HOLYSPIRIT (Jesus’ FATHER Matt.1:18 / Matt.1:20),
    ¼(25%) from the tribe JUDAH (Mary’s Father’s tribe Luke 3:23-33) and
    ¼(25%) from the tribe of LEVI (Mary’s Mother’s tribe Luke 1:5).
    John 3:34 For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God:
    for God giveth not the [HolySpirit] by measure unto him(Jesus Christ)
    After Jesus baptism, I can no longer give a % of how much HolySpirit was in Jesus!

3) Why is all this information so important to know about Jesus, what is it's relevance?

The importancy of this is: That would make Jesus a “Prophet” and/or “King” through Nathan: Son of David;
    Israel's second “ManKing” (Luke 3:31). Note: This lineage Free of the 'Curse' of 2Samuel 12:9-11.
    “a Priest” through Mary's Mothers Lineage (Luke 1:5), but the most important of all these,
    Jesus' Father is the “HolySpirit” (Click Here), making him the “Son of GOD”( Matt.1:18 / Matt.1:20 / Luke 1:35)!

4) How does all this Biblical information affect us?

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock,
    over the which the HolySpirit hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God,
    which he(HolySpirit) hath purchased with his(HolySpirit's) own [God blood=74] (shed from Jesus'=74 veins).
    It’s the shedding of Jesus’ “God blood” that removes sin (Heb.9:22).
    “GOD The Father” raised Jesus back from the dead (Gal.1:1); for our Justification. (Rom.4:25)

YHVH is GOD=117
    PSALM 117 is [The Bible's Center Chapter], and
    the [smallest chapter] of the [LARGEST BOOK]!

Witnessing to the world in behalf of YHVH (Psalm 45:17)
    117=יהוה האלהים(JEHOVAH GOD) YÄ-hä-vā  hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm!
    Ed J (AKJV Joshua 22:34 / Isaiah 60:13-15)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ July 04 2010,11:29)
    According to “the book of Jasher” (mentioned in The Bible in Joshua 10:13 and 2Samuel 1:18),
    The office of Melchizedek was held by “Shem”.

Hi Ed,

Do you know if this “book of Jasher” actually says “M” is an office, not a person?

mike

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 04 2010,13:40)

Quote (Ed J @ July 04 2010,11:29)
    The office of Melchizedek was held by “Shem”.

Hi Ed,

Do you know if this “book of Jasher” actually says “M” is an office, not a person?

mike

Hi Mike,

Never seen “the book of Jasher”,
    but I did read “the book of Enoch”. (It's mentioned in Jude 1:14)

The televangelist Perry Stone also quotes from the book of Jasher.
    I bet if one of us did an internet search, we could get a copy.

God bless
    Ed J

terraricca
    Participant
    Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 04 2010,16:19)
    hi

http://www.sacred-texts.com/chr/apo/jasher/index.htm

this is were you find it.

Pierre

Hi Terraricca,

Thanks!    
    I'll get right on it!
    WJ & Kang aren't the only ones.

God bless
    Ed J

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (terraricca @ July 04 2010,16:19)
    hi

http://www.sacred-texts.com/chr/apo/jasher/index.htm

this is were you find it.

Pierre

Thanks guys,  

I started to skim this and it is good reading.  I'm going to read the whole thing.  It might give some insight into the scriptures, for example:

41 And when Isaac was thirty-seven years old, Ishmael his brother was going about with him in the tent.

42 And Ishmael boasted of himself to Isaac, saying, I was thirteen years old when the Lord spoke to my father to circumcise us, and I did according to the word of the Lord which he spoke to my father, and I gave my soul unto the Lord, and I did not transgress his word which he commanded my father.

43 And Isaac answered Ishmael, saying, Why dost thou boast to me about this, about a little bit of thy flesh which thou didst take from thy body, concerning which the Lord commanded thee?

44 As the Lord liveth, the God of my father Abraham, if the Lord should say unto my father, Take now thy son Isaac and bring him up an offering before me, I would not refrain but I would joyfully accede to it.

45 And the Lord heard the word that Isaac spoke to Ishmael, and it seemed good in the sight of the Lord, and he thought to try Abraham in this matter.

That boasting part is not in scripture.  And I got some insight into why the kings of Egypt started being called “Pharaohs”, and also some of the disgusting practices in Sodom and Gomorrah they would do to stangers in their towns.  Good background stuff.  I haven't got to M yet.

peace and love,
    mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hey, chapter 70 just answered 2 questions I always had from reading the Bible.

1.  Why did Moses tell God he was “uncircumcised of tongue”?  I have read speculation that he was born with a cleft palet or some other speech impediment, but check this out:

29 And they placed the boy before them, and the lad endeavored to stretch forth his hand to the onyx stone, but the angel of the Lord took his hand and placed it upon the coal, and the coal became extinguished in his hand, and he lifted it up and put it into his mouth, and burned part of his lips and part of his tongue, and he became heavy in mouth and tongue.

2.  I always wondered since Baalam of Peor refused to curse the Israelites in the desert in behalf of Balak, but instead blessed them, why then is this said about him later?

2 Peter 2:15
    They have left the straight way and wandered off to follow the way of Balaam son of Beor, who loved the wages of wickedness.

Now I know from Jasher 70 that Balaam was hating on the Hebrews in a bad way and tried to have Pharaoh kill the 3 year old Moses.

Good stuff, man.

mike

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ED,
    By the same logic Adam was 33% dirt.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 05 2010,08:04)
    Hi ED,
    By the same logic Adam was 33% dirt.

Hi Nick,

How do you get 33%?

God bless
    Ed J

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ED,
    What % was Adam of God…….. or is it relevant?

God took dust[body] and blew into it and man became a living[spirit] soul[soul] gen2.7

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 05 2010,08:13)
    Hi ED,
    What % was Adam of God…….. or is it relevant?

God took dust[body] and blew into it and man became a living[spirit] soul[soul] gen2.7

Hi Nick,

I really don't think it is relevant.
    However with Jesus, this is BIG point of contention.
    What “The Bible” says lies in the middle between the trin's non-trin's.
    Both sides want to be 100% correct on this issue; but they are only each 50% correct.

God bless
    Ed J

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ED,
    Jesus was created as a man.

Did his father being God make him any different to Adam?
    I do not think so
    %are useless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 05 2010,08:45)
    Hi ED,
    Jesus was created as a man.

Did his father being God make him any different to Adam?
    I do not think so
    %are useless

Hi Nick,

I think there's a BIG difference between Adam an Jesus. (John 3:5)
    Adam was undoubtedly never a baby, unlike Jesus who was Borne.

God bless
    Ed J

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ED,
    So Adam was different to you and Jesus?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 05 2010,10:00)
    Hi ED,

Hi Nick,

Do you think Adam was ever a []?

God bless
    Ed J

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi EDE,
    You are a man and so was Adam.
    Jesus is too and none of your origins affect that fact.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ July 05 2010,10:14)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 05 2010,10:00)
    Hi ED,

Hi Nick,

Do you think Adam was ever a []?

God bless
    Ed J

edj

it is not at the stage of infancy that is important.

think this way;wen did Adam received the spirit of God that allow him to be a soul,and built is own way either good or bad.??

it is that spirit that goes back to God that has given it,wen we die.

Christ receive that same spirit also ,his works were perfect .he glorified his father not so with Adam.

Pierre

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    Did Adam have the Spirit of God?
    Scripture does not say so.
    Neither does his fruit

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 05 2010,12:26)
    Hi T,
    Did Adam have the Spirit of God?
    Scripture does not say so.
    Neither does his fruit

nick

to be able to have the holy spirit you have to walk in the truth of God, look how many years the disciples travel with Christ tell wen did they receive the holy spirit??

wen i talk about Adam i mention the spirit that god gives to everyone of us born.and the scriptures say that that spirit return to God who has given it .but the flesh goes to dust.

Pierre

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 257 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account