McCain or Obama

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    Samuel
    Participant

Just a poll on this site to see …I meant to put in on the other topic that I started but forgot.  So any way this is just more or less a Poll only…but you are welcome to make a comment if you would like as well.  Enjoy.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Samuel,
    I do not think that introducing American political choices here is relevant or helpful sorry.
    I think the topic should be deleted as it will just throw up carnal bias and division.

Not3in1
    Participant

Nick,
    Agreed!!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Amanda,
    The world is bigger than the young US of A

Samuel
    Participant

As you wish.
    Sorry

NickHassan
    Participant

No probs,
    OK if I remove this poll?

Tiffany
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Sep. 22 2008,09:49)
    Nick,
    Agreed!!

Hi Amanda! Or Mandy! Or teacupChrissy which Name is the best? I like Amanda which also is my Daughter-In-Laws name.
    My name is Augusta,or Irene, or Tiffany.
    Love YOU. :D :D :cool:

Tiffany
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 22 2008,10:35)
    No probs,
    OK if I remove this poll?

Why remove the Poll? I find nothing wrong with that, and found it quit interesting that only Mc.Cain has been voted on.
    Some conservative Audiences.
    Peace and Love Irene

Tiffany
    Participant

And Samuel has just put that post up last night at 9:30 P.M. So most of us have not even seen this post, would you not think so?
    Irene

Tiffany
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 22 2008,09:48)
    Hi Samuel,
    I do not think that introducing American political choices here is relevant or helpful sorry.
    I think the topic should be deleted as it will just throw up carnal bias and division.

Nick Interesting thinking, all come on here to debate, but not about Politics of America? How many European are on here? Are not most here Americans? We are aloud to debate about God, but not about Politician? That just does not make sense to me. And unfair to Samuel, He is being made feel sorry, real brotherly love.
    Peace and Love Irene

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Tiffany @ Sep. 22 2008,21:50)

Nick,
    Agreed!!

Hi Amanda! Or Mandy! Or teacupChrissy which Name is the best? I like Amanda which also is my Daughter-In-Laws name.
    Love YOU.   :D  :D  :cool:

Amanda Christine, but of course you know I go by “Mandy”.

I think Nick just remembered that my full name is Amanda.

Tiffany
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Sep. 23 2008,01:30)

Quote (Tiffany @ Sep. 22 2008,21:50)

Nick,
    Agreed!!

Love YOU.   :D  :D  :cool:

Amanda Christine, but of course you know I go by “Mandy”.

I think Nick just remembered that my full name is Amanda.

Mandy! No offence, I was just teasing you. We all have to do what we can to find the road to Jesus Christ our Savior. If that is resting in the Lord for awhile for you, that of course is your choice.  We your Brothers and Sisters in Christ, should encourage you to worship God in Spirit and in Truth. Time is short and Satan goes around like a roaring tiger to see who he can devour. For that as your Sister in Christ, I want to make you aware of, if you are having problems with debating, I can certainly understand that. It is frustrating sometimes.
    I have a great way to counter attach that, by writing out Songs to God. Charity has Getting to know you tread, along with lineup.  You like to sing, come join me in fellowship, we do so little of that. That is why came here to begin with. And since I am so sick and cannot do much, for me this site has been good, even with the debating.
    Love always Irene

david
    Participant

Hi Samuel,

The earliest Christians didn't vote or hold political office and were considered “no part of the world,” Satan's world. They were separate. They looked to God's kingdom as their hope, not human governments.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 22 2008,09:48)
    Hi Samuel,

NH

This makes no sense. Most here are Americans. Would this cause any more carnal divisions than debating scriptures.

Are you anti American? It seems by some of your statements in the past you are.

We are not anti NZ. Look around, America is the home of many millions of believers in Yeshua.

Whats wrong with a poll like this?

This sight has threads for atheism and just about anything else.

It seems since you made these comments to Samual he is now seeking to get rid of his membership here.

Hey Samuel, I will vote!

Blessings WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    Many from the US here but not all yet some behave as if all do.
    Perhaps we need posts about our upcoming election and bore your socks off?

Anti American?
    My mum was born in Oakland ca.

No, but so what who rules vain America.
    We need no more division that already manifests.

Tiffany
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 25 2008,12:21)
    Hi WJ,
    Many from the US here but not all yet some behave as if all do.
    Perhaps we need posts about our upcoming election and bore your socks off?

Anti American?
    My mum was born in Oakland ca.

No, but so what who rules vain America.
    We need no more division that already manifests.

Vain America? Sorry Nick, but I happen to love this land that has given me and my Husband the opportunity to have our own Business. I do not think, if we would have stayed in Germany, that we would have been able to do so.
    I would not call your country vain, it is uncalled for. You owe all Americans an apology.
    Peace and Love Irene

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (david @ Sep. 23 2008,18:28)

Hi Samuel,

The earliest Christians didn't vote or hold political office and were considered “no part of the world,” Satan's world.  They were separate.  They looked to God's kingdom as their hope, not human governments.

Could it be more accurately said “The earliest Christians couldn't vote or hold political office”?

david
    Participant

Pride of country. Nationalism. These are things America excels in.

Vain means: conceited; characteristic of false pride.

Americans are certainly proud of their country. If that pride is false, then “vain” would be the correct word.

I feel a lot (not all) of american's live in a bubble. They don't know what's going on in the rest of the world, because to them, America is the world.

Anyway, if we boast, it should not be in a human government. It should be in God's kingdom, which, will soon destroy all these governments which have not brought about lasting peace, but have only caused man to be dominated to his injury. (Dan 2:44)

I think Canada is having an election soon. Who cares? I think Christians should focus more on the government than Jesus told us to look to. (Mat 6:33)

david
    Participant

Could it be more accurately said “The earliest Christians couldn't vote or hold political office”?

No, that would be less accurate.  Didn't they want to make Jesus king?

“They refused to take any active part in the civil administration or the military defence of the empire. . . . It was impossible that the Christians, without renouncing a more sacred duty, could assume the character of soldiers, of magistrates, or of princes.”
    —History of Christianity, Edward Gibbon, 1891, pp. 162-3.

“While they [the Christians] inculcated the maxims of passive obedience, they refused to take any active part in the civil administration or the military defence of the empire. . . . It was impossible that the Christians, without renouncing a more sacred duty, could assume the character of soldiers, of magistrates, or of princes.”—The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire, by Edward Gibbon, Vol. I, p. 416.

“Early Christianity was little understood and was regarded with little favor by those who ruled the pagan world. . . . Christians refused to share certain duties of Roman citizens. . . . The Christians . . . felt it a violation of their faith to enter military service.  They would not hold political office.  They would not worship the emperor.”
    –On the Road to Civilization—A World History, A. K. Heckel and J. G. Sigman, 1937, pp. 237-8

“The Christians stood aloof and distinct from the state, . . . and Christianity seemed able to influence civil life only in that manner which, it must be confessed, is the purest, by practically endeavouring to instil more and more of holy feeling into the citizens of the state.”
    –The History of the Christian Religion and Church, During the Three First Centuries, (New York, 1848), Augustus Neander, translated from German by H. J. Rose, p. 168

“The Christians . . . shrank from public office and military service.”
    –“Persecution of the Christians in Gaul, A.D. 177,” by F. P. G. Guizot in The Great Events by Famous Historians, edited by R. Johnson, 1905, Vol. III, p. 246)

Speaking of the early Christians,  the book World History, The Story of Man’s Achievements says: “Zealous Christians did not serve in the armed forces or accept political offices.”

Church historian Augustus Neander reported that “the Christians were represented as men dead to the world, and useless for all affairs of life; . . . and it was asked, what would become of the business of life, if all were like them?”
    “The Christians stood aloof and distinct from the state, as a priestly and spiritual race, and Christianity seemed able to influence civil life only in that manner which, it must be confessed, is the purest, by practically endeavouring to instil more and more of holy feeling into the citizens of the state.”—The History of the Christian Religion and Church, During the Three First Centuries (New York, 1848), Augustus Neander, translated from German by H. J. Rose, p. 168.

So, why the change?  

Were the earliest Christians correct in their view of politics, or where those who came later correct?  I think the fortold apostasy had set in and Christians were no longer really “no part of the world” as Jesus had been and as he said his followers would be!

T8, If someone is “no part of the world,” (as Christians are to be) would they be involved in the affairs of the world, in the administration and ruling of the world? What do you think?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (david @ Sep. 25 2008,13:10)
    Pride of country.  Nationalism.  These are things America excels in.

Vain means:  conceited; characteristic of false pride.

Americans are certainly proud of their country.  If that pride is false, then “vain” would be the correct word.  

I feel a lot (not all) of american's live in a bubble.  They don't know what's going on in the rest of the world, because to them, America is the world.

Anyway, if we boast, it should not be in a human government.  It should be in God's kingdom, which, will soon destroy all these governments which have not brought about lasting peace, but have only caused man to be dominated to his injury.  (Dan 2:44)

I think Canada is having an election soon.  Who cares?  I think Christians should focus more on the government than Jesus told us to look to. (Mat 6:33)

Hi David,
    Dad was born in Toronto.
    Nationalism is just another diversion.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account