Matthew 13:47-50

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 297 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

Hell is used 45 times in the kjv only used 15 times in the nasb and there are clarifications written in the notes of the nasb as to which place is referred to.

It is better not to use the word which causes confusion imo.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

How relevant is GREEK MYTHOLOGY in the understanding of holy scripture?

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

It is only relevant when parallel concepts exists. The Greek Hades has some similarities to the idea of Hades as written in the NT and Tartarus is claimed to be below Hades though a part of it. Scripture speaks of the lowest Sheol.

Psalms 86:13

Darby Bible Translation
    For great is thy loving-kindness toward me, and thou hast delivered my soul from the lowest Sheol.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

So how does this make the thoughts of the greeks useful to bible students?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

The worldly opinions of the greeks and Wikipedia should not be the sources we turn to, to understand scripture.

No wonder you get confused.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

We are not speaking of the opinions of the Greeks but rather the opinions of those that chose to use words from Greek mythology to represent Judeo-Christian ideas.

I also posted out the similarities between the concept of Tartarus in Greek mythology and the lowest Sheol in the bible. I assume there are differences but they are simply pruned as not fitting the pattern laid out in Scripture.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Better to go to the source approved by God.

the scriptures

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

When Jesus appeared to Saul on the way to Damascus was he still in his torn and battered body?

When he appeared in Dan 7 to receive the kingdom was he so attired?

Flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

If scripture uses the word HADES it does not mean that greek myths have any substance.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

It means that in some ways the concept Hades parallel’s the concept of Sheol. There are also differences and those differences do not apply.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

And this worldly input has some spiritual relevance?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Nick without going into the original language we are told that Hell is thrown into the Lake of Fire. Thus the holding place for the dead cannot destroy the soul, but the Second Death is likely where this happens. The wicked will suffer the Second Death.

Unless you think the reverse, the soul is killed first and then resurrected to suffer being alive in the Second Death. To me that option is one big oxymoron.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

Death and Hades according to the nasb are emptied and thrown into the lake of fire.

So the body has died but the souls remain in the waiting places.

The second death awaits those not found in the book of life at the final judgement

Salvation of our souls is the plan of God

Proclaimer
    Participant

Hi T8,

You seem to express opinions rather than show truth.

So this is my opinion? lol:

Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. And if anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

This is scripture Nick, not my opinion. I didn’t write it.

So where does destruction of the wicked take place? Hades or the lake of fire?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Hi t8,
    Death and Hades according to the nasb are emptied and thrown into the lake of fire.
    So the body has died but the souls remain in the waiting places.
    The second death awaits those not found in the book of life at the final judgement
    Salvation of our souls is the plan of God

Your view from what I can gather is the dead are not awake, and when they are judged and placed into the Lake of Fire they are awake/alive for all eternity. I think the opposite. Destruction happens at the Second Death. In Hades there is punishment for the wicked.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,

Lk16 seems to indicate souls after death are aware but we do not know detail.

No indication in scripture how long souls remain aware in the lake of fire.

Hades only exists till the judgement.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

If our wise then you can figure out why writers chose to use the words they did.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Why not let scripture teach?

NickHassan
    Participant

hi KW,

Scripture is the wisdom of God.

men imagine they are wise

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

I do but you would rather hear a multitude of words without understanding than a few with. The wise seek understanding.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 297 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account