Matthew 13:47-50

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 297 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Your thoughts are not His and your ways not His ways.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

In the Father of lights there is no variation or shifting shadow. Jas 1.

But you would define His righteousness by reference to your favourite word SIN?

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

God is all righteous as he does not sin.

Put on the new self that is created like God in true righteousness and holiness. Eph

Stop trying to redefine God’s righteousness to justify your sins or the sins of others.

As Scripture said righteousness is doing right and that means not sinning.

First seek God’s righteousness and his kingdom.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

You are fond of accusing others of sin.

Your earthly definitions do not encompass heaven.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

That is not written.

Those that love evil do not come out into the light and you write as one who loves sin. I prefer to think it is because you lack faith in God and not because you are one the wicked.

The goal of a disciple of Christ is to always live by the Spirit and those that do that do not sin.

You must believe that it can be done and you will do it unless Satan takes your life while you are on the path.

Without faith you can expect nothing from God.

NickHassan
    Participant

hi KW,

No you misjudge using your poor vision and serious lack of wisdom.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Would it be wrong to be like Paul and hopeful of death to set us free from sin in the flesh?

Would your hope to be more righteous than Paul-in your own estimation?

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

Death sets everyone, even unbelievers, free from being a servant to sin but Jesus sets those who follow all his teachings free from sin.

As he says, anyone who sins is a servant of sin.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Perhaps you should back up from being an expert on the lives of others and keep working on your own problems?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Do you think judging others is helping your standing with The Judge?

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

I am judging your actions in hopes that you will see them and repent. It is a righteous action.

2 Timothy 4:3-4Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 4 and they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Judge for yourself do those who love darkness want to hear they can continue to sin and be saved or do the want to hear that there is a way they can overcome all their sins and so love as God loves.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi kW,

You are deluded.

Your doctrine is not sound but earthly.

You should not check the eyes of others till you have dealt with your blindness.

get rid of that sin problem

Proclaimer
    Participant

Romans 7
    13 Did that which is good, then, bring death to me? By no means! It was sin, producing death in me through what is good, in order that sin might be shown to be sin, and through the commandment might become sinful beyond measure. 14 For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am of the flesh, sold under sin. 15 For I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate. 16 Now if I do what I do not want, I agree with the law, that it is good. 17 So now it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me. 18 For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out. 19 For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing.

20 Now if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

The only sin problem I have is I yet sin.

Give up your sin and realize that all things are possible with God.

It takes but a little faith to move mountains and the most important to move is the desire to fulfill the lusts of the flesh.

kerwin
    Participant

t8,

Paul is making against living according to the letter of the law and for living by the newness of Spirit of it in verses 1-6.

Verses 7-13 are harder to understand since if they are taken literally they imply that those that are not under the law are alive Spiritually. That would mean the Gentiles as well as the children of Israel that died before the Law of Moses was established. Taken literally, it certainly does not make Paul’s case that the Law is Spiritual. It it only if your understanding is that the Law was established that sin become known as sin that Paul is talking about the awareness of sin and the fact that sins but is unaware of it receives fewer strokes than the man who sins but knows better.

Verses 14-23is where Paul speaks of his struggles with sin under the Law during which he is aware of sin but does not have the power to overcome because he is a servant of sin as he has not yet been set free by the Anointed Jesus.

Verses 24-25a is where he is thanking God for his deliverance through Jesus Christ.

Verse 25b seems to be speaking of when he is still under the Law and walked after the flesh because he had no alternative.

Chapter 8 verse 1 states there is no condemnation for them that walk after the Spirit and not after the flesh.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

If you sin should you not prefer to deal with that rather than the ideas you have about others sinning?

The Law is spiritual and  of God but external to those under it.

The Spirit teaches and rules and leads from within

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

Sin has several scriptural meanings.

To hold only with it being lawless ACTIONS is folly.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Are you sure you are appointed and equipped to find sin in others?

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

Why are you attempting to create controversy when there is no controversy.

You know no matter how you Spiritually define unrighteousness or sin it does not apply to God.

You also know that the command is to put of the old man whom lives by the flesh and put on the new man who lives by the Spirits. (Ephesians 4:22-24)

The works of the flesh are sin and the fruit of the Spirit is righteousness.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

So your condemnation of others should be treated as trifles?

For someone who admits to major struggles with sin you take some liberties.

The flesh is a harbour for lusts and sin.

The Spirit works to train and transform the inner man.

But first you must be reborn from above to even see the battleground.

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 297 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account