Mark 7:13

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 122 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

Do not have the time to check out what you are saying or insinuating here.

But the short answer is all in Adam die for a reason. We are born of Adam, but require the new birth under the last Adam. Further, we are taught why men die. It is because of sin.

Then desire when it has conceived gives birth to sin, and sin when it is fully grown brings forth death.

You may have read this in the Bible.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Does this Jesus you preach come as a sinner that needed saving from God?

Who died for him? An angel?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

Jesus was not a sinner who need saving.

He walked in the light of scripture and became an overcomer.

Proclaimer
    Participant

But you clearly teach that he is merely a man like us.

Truth is, he came in the flesh to become one of us, so we could become one of him.

Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

T8….where do you get this idea that we are “MERE” MEN FROM, SCRIPTURE SAY WE ARE JUST A “LITTLE’ below abgels, but are CROWNED WITH”GLORY’ AND HONOR, AND “ALL” THING ARE TO BE PUT BELOW MANKINDS FEET” HEB 2:6-18, you need to make a complete study of those scriptures and then mabe you can come to see what God purpose for mankind really is. IMO

peace and love to you and yours. …….gene

Proclaimer
    Participant

Gene. You twist my words the wrong way. Mere men is in reference to Jesus Christ. He is not just a man Gene, but the firstborn of all creation and image of the invisible God. You take away all this honour and glory and make him a mere man only. Yes man is not mere compared with much of creation. But putting Jesus at your level is putting him down. Show some respect for the prototype son of God who is called the ‘Word of God’. There are many things that he is that you and I are not. Praise him as the only begotten son of God and the Lamb of which you are not.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

If Jesus of Nazareth was not like you but had a head start then you cannot follow him.

As a Jew he obeyed the law and by grace overcame sin in the flesh.

We do not have to become Jews but can partake in his victory.

Be baptised in his name into his death and his resurrection.

rom 6.8f

Proclaimer
    Participant

If Jesus of Nazareth was like me with no head start or advantage from God, then why would I follow him? I might as well follow myself.

He came as one of us for sure and this is the likeness we have with him. But was and is the messiah and the lord. The only name men can be saved through. As you say, be baptised in his name only.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,

Yes you might have that choice if you think you are a better servant of God.

But the command is to follow Jesus Christ through rebirth of water and the Spirit.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,

The one we follow was conceived in Mary and born at Bethlehem.

He was reborn of water and the Spirit at the Jordan.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Yes, we should be baptized in the name of Jesus. This we believe and teach.

This girl followed Paul and the rest of us, shouting, “These men are servants of the Most High God, who are proclaiming to you the way of salvation.” 18She continued this for many days. Eventually Paul grew so aggravated that he turned and said to the spirit, “In the name of Jesus Christ I command you to come out of her!” And the spirit left her at that very moment.

The enemy works in ways we think not at times. He even as it appears will say the right thing sometimes, but not in the Spirit. Paul was aggravated for a reason because the Spirit in him did not witness with what was happening even though the words uttered were true. I have found in my life that many arrogant men preach about baptism as a way to say that other Believers that their salvation is null and need to come under their authority and teaching to be saved.

I not only listen to the words if they are true, but the fruit will bear witness as to whether the preaching is in love or as a way to enslave men to themselves. What of you Nick? You know your own heart and motives so I leave that to you to judge. But an examination of our intents should be regularly done by all genuine children of God lest we let bitterness ruin us.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,

What of yourself?

Start by examining yourself and you may become fit to judge others.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Yes Nick, this is true of all and yourself especially because you said it, it is a standard by which must be applied to yourself first from your perspective at least. I have been baptized in the name of Jesus as commanded and have baptized others in that name too. I guess you doubted this somehow. But baptism in Jesus name is not going to save you or I if we have not love, are unrepentant, or decide not to believe anymore. Those who love are born of God this is how we know. The fruit shows the type of tree it is. Not all trees have a good root. Some are weeds. While some are planted, they do not establish themselves in deep enough soil and wither up. Even some who were baptised in water. It is baptism of the Spirit that joins us with God. Water baptism is a declaration of our willingness to die to self and be ready for the Spirit of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,

Yes the Spirit is the teacher of truth.

Not Greek logic and the traditions of men.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Correct. Love is not Greek logic. It is a fruit of being born from above. This we can tell if a man is born from God. If he loves not, then he cannot be a child of God who is love. There is no way to argue this one away. Without love, all is in vain. Satan has not love. He does many works, but has no love because he is the enemy of God. So it is that his servants have not love.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,

Speak the Truth in the spirit of love.

Not man’s tradition.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Yes. Speak in love and you speak in the Spirit of God. This is a true saying. God is love. The enemy comes to condemn and accuse. Judge all thing in love. It shows you are born from above.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

T8….have you ever considered that SATAN WANTS us to think Jesus was and is different, he wants us to seperate ourselves from the exactness of JESUS, WHY, because that would cause us to think we could never “attain to the full measure and stature of JESUS”. JESUS SAID ‘he that overcomes even as I have, shall sit with me in my kingdom, even as i have overcome and sit down in my fathers kingdom. Jesus had to be exactly in every way like us to say that, “for it behoved him to be made like we are”, scripture says, why did it “behove” him?, to be made exactly like us.

Scripture also called us his brethern, saying he was the first born of “many” brethern, by giving Jesus a great advantage over us, is exactly what Satan wants, so we would not think we could ever overcome the exact way he did and experence a resurection like him and be partakers and heirs of what he has been given. T8, Jesus was exactly in ever way as we are, I do not seperate myself from him by pushing his idenity away from me. The only advantage he had was the spirit he recieved at the Jordan river, when God the Father came to be “in” him, the same thing can take place with us also, the same spirit and the same power to overcome even as Jesus did.

T8…Jesus is Gods prototype for all humanity. He is a fellow human being, came into his being at his berth on this earth, just as we did. He is one of us , a pure human being. Stop moving him away from you T8, see him as our brother, who our God the Father raised up from the dead and place him as the “firstborn” in the family of God. He is our elder brother.

Peace and love to you and yours. …..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,

You brood of vipers, how can you, being evil, speak what is good.

Mt 12.34

this is love in action.

Proclaimer
    Participant

I see, so we are the Pharisees and this is the reason for your contempt and hate. But if we agreed with you and sat at your feet, you would love us as brothers? While this would be true of Jesus, it could also be true of Buddha and Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi. No, we sit at the feet of the one who was born the Christ, the Lord, and the son of God.

I will tell you straight. Your only use here is to give others and myself the opportunity to refute. It does helps keep the forum going. As for pearls of wisdom, I cannot remember mining one from what you say. Mostly you condemn and not much precious stones there if any. Sad but true. But feel free to continue to be useful in the way I said. If you chose to eventually depart life as that person, then know it was your choice and you cannot blame anyone else.

“…hold firmly to the trustworthy message as it has been taught, so that he can encourage others by sound doctrine and refute those who oppose it.”

Believe it or not, even those who oppose truth are useful to God. They teach the wise what to avoid.

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 122 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account