Lord Jesus

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Lordship means we are obedient servants of our Lord.

There are a lot of things that do not prove he is our lord.

Calling him Lord does not make him our Lord.
    Having spiritual abilities does not prove he is Lord.
    Religion involving his name does not make him our Lord

Only obedience does.

Matthew 7:21
    Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Matthew 7:22
    Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

Luke 6:46
    And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

Luke 12:47
    And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.

Luke 13:25
    When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:

Not3in1
    Participant

Since the bible teaches that we have but one Lord who is Jesus, the Christ, than it is him that we should follow in obedience.

Otherwise, if we deny him, we must be prepared for Luke 13:25 to come true.

I really just don't see God wiping out a bunch of his children for following Jesus EVEN IF he is not the One.  I mean, we have the Bible, and if it's faulty and there is no other avenue by which we can find truth that is even close…..God cannot fault us.  It must be his purpose fulfilled that things are cryptic and require much faith to bridge the gap between what is said and what is potentially either missing or added to.

Anyway these are my conclusions as of late. :D

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    If we do not have Christ then we have no hope.
    We are not of the old covenant.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    Since you now call yourself an unbeliever
    is Jesus Christ no longer your lord?
    No.
    God has appointed him Lord of all.

Acts 10
    36The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all:)

Participant

Hi:

He is our Lord or master, and we are subjected to God through him. Ephesians 5 likens the relationship between the church and the Lord to a marriage relationship between husband and wife who are joined to the Lord in one Spirit in service to our God.  One body in unity obeying the Word of God.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 22 2008,19:33)
    Hi not3,
    If we do not have Christ then we have no hope.
    We are not of the old covenant.

Who was the “old covenant” to? A certain people. I guess the rest of the world wandering around, godless and whoremongering, right?

Gimme a break.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 19 2008,14:16)
    Hi KJ,
    Since you now call yourself an unbeliever
    is Jesus Christ no longer your lord?
    No.
    God has appointed him Lord of all.

Acts 10
    36The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all:)

Your opinion, based on the opinion of a handful of other people. I'm not that easily impressed although i was at one time.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    You are certainly likely to find more company walking away from Christ.
    The road is wider and the world travels there.

kejonn
    Participant

I live in the world. I travel its roads and communicate with its people everyday. You were the one who espoused reality over philosophy. Well, that's the reality.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 20 2008,02:12)
    Hi KJ,

Beyond that, show me your version of Christ and I can then supply you with several different views others have on him, based on the same set of books. So to say I am “walking away from Christ” means I am walking away from your version of Christ.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Feb. 21 2008,00:11)
    I live in the world. I travel its roads and communicate with its people everyday. You were the one who espoused reality over philosophy. Well, that's the reality.

Hi KJ,
    Are you becoming OF THE WORLD as well?

The world is passing away but
    The Word of the Lord lasts forever

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Feb. 21 2008,00:15)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 20 2008,02:12)
    Hi KJ,

Beyond that, show me your version of Christ and I can then supply you with several different views others have on him, based on the same set of books. So to say I am “walking away from Christ” means I am walking away from your version of Christ.

Hi KJ,
    You seem to offer the confusion of the masses as some sort of evidence that there is no truth.

That is rather shallow.
    There is confusion.
    There is truth

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    A popular false gospel is to invite Jesus to be your Lord.
    The invitation was sent to us.
    We must obey.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Many are reliant on the evidence of baptism in the Spirit for salvation.
    But Jesus aligned the gifts with possible false prophets and urged obedience and reliance on scripture.

Mat7
    “15Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

16Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

24Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

25And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

26And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:

27And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it. “

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    If Jesus truly is our Lord we will not go chasing after the false doctrines of foolish men.
    We will ensure that we do not commit to accepting what he has not taught.
    He never taught any trinity or said that all men will be saved.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Both the God of Jesus [Deut 10.17, ps 136] and the anointed and glorified Lamb [Rev 17,19 ]himself are called Lord of lords.

That makes this verse confusing to some.
    I believe v 15-16 relate to God Himself.

1 Tim 6
    “13I give thee charge in the sight of God, who quickeneth all things, and before Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed a good confession;

14That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:

15Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;

16Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen. “

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Many point to miracles as proofs of their salvation but obedience to the Lord Jesus is far more relevant.

It is not that we call him our Lord that saves us but that he recognises us as his servants.

Matthew 7:22
    Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

Matthew 25:11
    Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.

Luke 6:46
    And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

Luke 13:25
    When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:

No man is greater than the Lord Jesus.
    None are free to follow their own ideas of service.
    John 13:16
    Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Jesus is our given Lord and master.
    We should prefer the words of our Master.
    Lk12
    8Also I say unto you, Whosoever shall confess me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God:

9But he that denieth me before men shall be denied before the angels of God.

10And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

NIck……….>Then don't be a hypocrite make sure you are Keeping every thing He (your master) said NICK, including (ALL) the LAWS, everyone of them. Are you tithing as He said to. Are you keeping the Sabbath as he said to you must keep (ALL) the law remember thats what he told the rich young ruler to do so are you doing that? or do you pardon youself and preach fear to others. Amazing.

peace and love…………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Gb,
    Where did Jesus tell his followers they must obey the Jewish law?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 77 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account