Law

This topic contains 261 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  GeneBalthrop 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author
     NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,243

G,
    Why do you think everything is about You?
    Wake up and join the team

GeneBalthrop 
    Participant
    • Topics started 42
    • Total replies 16,298

Nick…………About Me?. Where did that come from? Is that all you can do is falsely accuse people?. Nothing is about me Its about the word of God , not me or YOU or the WE. IMO

peace…………………………gene

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,243

Hi,
    Back to scripture.
    Try to take the focus off the people here

TimothyVI 
    • Topics started 3
    • Total replies 1,676

And in this corner, weighing in at ………………………………………

Sounds like a boxing match.

Nick, you do seem to attack the person Gene a lot,
    instead of merely address his understanding of the scriptures.

Tim

SEEKING 
    • Topics started 8
    • Total replies 610

nick wrote:

Hi S,
    One Lord, one baptism for Jew and gentile.
    Same gospel.
    One way

Again, your own words responding to the above passages –

What Peter said was to remind the Jews that the ONE THEY HAD CRUCIFIED is made Lord and Christ

No meaning for Gentiles, no meaning for forgiveness and receipt of the Spirit,  no necessity for baptism.  Just,
    per Nick – to remind the Jews that the ONE THEY HAD CRUCIFIED is made Lord and Christ

Try not to get so excited when you think you have scored some sort of useless point.

No excitement!  You truly think you are above us.  Now you can read emotion into posts. Wow!  No useless point!  You said it. It is in black ans white.  All students.  What did you learn?  I learned you vacillate back and forth.

Nick, plenty – for years –  have identified you for what you are.  If you believe we are all students, why do you presume to instruct us?

Your cleverness has left you stranded unless you rhetoric is meaningless and void.

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,243

Hi S,
    This is not a competition so as tim suggested take the gloves off.
    Truth is the goal.
    Context

Acts2
    5And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.

……..

36Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

37Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

38Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the LORD our God shall call.

Is there another message for the gentiles who were a people with no hope?
    Peter had to be shown in acts 10 that they too were to be included and the message is the same for all.
    Do you disagree?

GeneBalthrop 
    Participant
    • Topics started 42
    • Total replies 16,298

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 23 2009,20:19)
    Hi,
    Back to scripture.
    Try to take the focus off the people here

Nick………Thats your game not mine. It's you who focus on the person not me, I only respond to you in kind.

Prov 26:5 Answer a fool according to his folly, Lest he be wise in his own conceit.

peace and love to you brother……………………..gene

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,243

G,
    Try to stay focussed on the subject.

SEEKING 
    • Topics started 8
    • Total replies 610

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 23 2009,11:08)
    Hi S,
    Truth is the goal.
    Context

Nick,

That went over your head as usual. That suggestion and comment was directed to YOU!

And in this corner, weighing in at ………………………………………

Sounds like a boxing match.

Nick, you do seem to attack the person Gene a lot,
    instead of merely address his understanding of the scriptures.

Tim

As were these –

Nick………Starting with the personal attacks again, right, exactly (WHERE) did i say say we (ARE) Robots.

Nick,
    You're not dealing with the question

Nick It is Gen that recognizes that YOU my FRIEND likes to throw your weight around and make others look bad.

Please do not judge my Husband to harshly.
    Nick

and these

“If” you read “all” of my post you know what I said; as usually you reject the biblical prove I gave to support what I said without any facts from you.

Your argument that words not found in the Bible are not valid, is a straw.

Nick, when you gain the depth to respect what others have been addressing for years, repent, and change – you and I may have something to discuss. Until then I will keep you, myself, and all others in prayer over these matters.

Seeking

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,243

Hi,
    So the OT law was for the Jews.
    The gentiles were a people without even that hope.
    Now all from all the nations can be one in the body of Christ.

SEEKING 
    • Topics started 8
    • Total replies 610

Nick wrote – Hi S,
    Truth is the goal.
    Context

Acts2
    5And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.

……..

36Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

37Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

38Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the LORD our God shall call.

Peter had to be shown in acts 10 that they too were to be included and the message is the same for all.
    Do you disagree?

MY RESPONSE

Nick,

You truly are a deceiver and a manipulator.  Here is what YOU said and my response.  Now you think you can change what is in black and white, again.

Nick,

Your cleverness has left your stranded unless you rhetoric is meaningless and void.

Act 2:36  Let all the house of Israel ]herefore know for certain that God has made him both Lord and Christ, this Jesus whom you crucified.” Act 2:37  Now when they heard this they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Brothers, what shall we do?” herefore know for certain that God has made him both Lord and Christ, this Jesus whom you crucified.” Act 2:37  Now when they heard this they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Brothers, what shall we do?”
    Act 2:38  And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit  Only has application to Jews?

Again, your own words responding to the above passages –

What Peter said was to remind the Jews that the ONE THEY HAD CRUCIFIED is made Lord and Christ

No meaning for Gentiles, no meaning for forgiveness and receipt of the Spirit,  no necessity for baptism.  Just,
    per Nick – to remind the Jews that the ONE THEY HAD CRUCIFIED is made Lord and Christ

Forgive me if I do not accept this!

That is what you said before.  A little memory refreshment:

Do you disagree?

No disagreement at all.  That is the point I made earlier that YOU denied.

No meaning for Gentiles, no meaning for forgiveness and receipt of the Spirit,  no necessity for baptism.  Just,per Nick – to remind the Jews that the ONE THEY HAD CRUCIFIED is made Lord and Christ

That Peter had to be shown later that the message was for
    ALL does not preclude its earlier reality that it was for all.

I am praying that we will be spared from falling prey to your
    (whatever others have so eloquently identified).

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,243

Hi S,
    So if Peter told this to the Jews, who were the only ones present with him at the time, and he specifically reminded them of their role in the death of the saviour, what conclusions are you trying to draw?

KangarooJack 
    Participant
    • Topics started 118
    • Total replies 6,855

Quote (Gene @ Feb. 23 2009,12:57)
    Thinker…………So the conclusion is that the (ten commandments)themselves are not the subject matter of Paul's discourse, but rather (HOW) They are Kept, “the Love of God fulfills the LAW (the ten commandments)” The Jew were seeking the righteousness of GOD through the operation of  (Law),Forced compliance working through the medium of FEAR,  We seek the fulfillment of the commandments through the operation of GOD Spirit and through the Spirit we fulfill all the Commandments. So Paul could say the gentiles who have (NOT) the LAW (ten commandments), but do the things contained therein Show (the LAW) ten commandments written in their Hearts by the Hand of GOD. So its not a matter of the Commandments being done away with but simply How they are Kept. I believe the ten commandments are eternal and will never be done away with The ten commandments reveal to us the mind and heart of GOD they are Eternal Just like the FATHER is. They operate through the Medium of Love , NOT FEAR. IMO

love and peace to you brother………………………………gene

Gene,
    The keeping of the ten commandments cannot justify a man. No man can keep them perfectly. This is Paul's whole point in Romans 7. We are justified freely by God's grace. We were delivered from the law so that we could serve in the newness of the spirit.

It is all about the role of the law in our justification. The role of the law was merely to show us that we are sinners and to drive us to Christ as the remedy for our sin. It cannot justify us. But we should serve it in the newness of the spirit and not in the oldness of the letter. But even in this we fail.

thinker

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,243

Hi TT,
    We were never under the law.
    Some are saved but not all can claim to have been justified.

GeneBalthrop 
    Participant
    • Topics started 42
    • Total replies 16,298

Thinker……True i totally agree that we are not (Justified) by the (WORKS) of the Law, We are Justified by the Blood of Christ, that i full well know, but you see my point was in this is that Paul was not saying the ten commandments are done away with , but we Keep them through the Spirit we received from GOD, not through the operation of Law. Justification is one thing, But obedience is quite another and while we can not be Justified by them it still does not remove the fact they must be fulfilled in us. That why Paul said the the Gentiles who have (NOT) the Law (ten commandments) (BUT) DO the things contained in them show the Law (ten commandments) written on their heart by the hand of GOD. This is my point if GOD wrote them on their heart then they were doing them. Paul even said “what shall we sin because we are under Grace (GOD Forbid) He said. Another point is why would GOD write them in our Heart if we were not to keep them. Remember it says LOVE fulfilleth the LAW (ten commandments). The ten commandments are a eternal way to live , it says they are spiritual and Holy and Just. Again what i am saying is not that we are (UNDER LAW) Forced compliance to keep them, but we Keep them through the Holy Spirit given us from GOD, which writes them on our Hearts and minds. So the fact is they are not done away with, Just the way they are Kept has been abolished, not the commandments themselves. Thats why i believe the definite article is important to understand in Paul's writings, because it changes the context of what Paul was saying. IMO

love and peace to you and yours…………………….gene

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 262 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2018 Heaven Net

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account