Knowing Our History

This topic contains 24 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of terraricca terraricca 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of t8 t8 
    Participant
    • Topics started 848
    • Total replies 17,373

Good, then let scripture win.

Ecclesiastes 1:9
    What has been is what will be, and what has been done is what will be done, and there is nothing new under the sun.

Job 8:8-10
    “For inquire, please, of bygone ages, and consider what the fathers have searched out. For we are but of yesterday and know nothing, for our days on earth are a shadow. Will they not teach you and tell you and utter words out of their understanding?

Psalm 78:3-4
    Things that we have heard and known, that our fathers have told us. We will not hide them from their children, but tell to the coming generation the glorious deeds of the Lord, and his might, and the wonders that he has done.

1 Corinthians 10:11
    Now these things happened to them as an example, but they were written down for our instruction, on whom the end of the ages has come.

Deuteronomy 32:7
    Remember the days of old; consider the years of many generations; ask your father, and he will show you, your elders, and they will tell you

Profile photo of terraricca terraricca 
    Participant
    • Topics started 67
    • Total replies 28,227

yeah true history about God

Profile photo of t8 t8 
    Participant
    • Topics started 848
    • Total replies 17,373

That’s history. False history is not history it is lies disguised as history.

Participant
    • Topics started 67
    • Total replies 28,227

true, but you have more of untrue history than true history

Profile photo of t8 t8 
    Participant
    • Topics started 848
    • Total replies 17,373

Well obviously I was never condoning false history. Did I need to explain that?

Participant
    • Topics started 67
    • Total replies 28,227

good,but tell me how do you know the difference between them ? i mean false or true history

Profile photo of t8 t8 
    Participant
    • Topics started 848
    • Total replies 17,373

Besides scripture I can learn from the past from what I myself observe. For example, if a place had a majority of Muslims then Sharia Law is likely to exist to a greater extent. This would mean greater persecution for followers of the way. Thus I could easily reason that by letting millions of Muslims into a certain country or region would increase persecution of the Church. I have learned this from history and outside of scripture to the extent that this has happened after the last book of the bible was written. We are not absolutely dependent on the Bible for truth. We can see truth before our eyes and the Holy Spirit leads us into all truth.

If all truth was written down, there wouldn’t be enough books to cover it all.

Participant
    • Topics started 67
    • Total replies 28,227

what is the truth “that is before our eyes” and the holy spirit of truth ” that as you say leads us into all truth ?

Profile photo of t8 t8 
    Participant
    • Topics started 848
    • Total replies 17,373

There are many truths being demonstrated. We just need eyes to see them. I do not claim to see them all, but it is obvious that there truth is there and always has been.

Participant
    • Topics started 67
    • Total replies 28,227

you did not answer the second part of my question

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2017 Heaven Net

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account