John 14.12 Can it be accomplished?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    princess
    Participant

Can a Christian accomplish this?

Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi princess.

We cannot achieve anything.

But if God chooses a weak vessel and gives of His grace His will is done.

princess
    Participant

Hello Nick,

thanks.

the verse speaks otherwise though. it tells that it can be done and greater things are to be done. I’m just a bit curious the more I think about it.

does this verse support those that say Jesus was just a human like us and we are able to achieve such things in life. that the divinity that has been placed on him has been done so by man. I mean it really brings up some points to be determined. If one was to look at Jesus in a god like state then this verse would be impossible but when Jesus is  looked at like a human; like you and I then it can be achieved.

does this verse have any controversy surrounding it, is it in the ancient sacred text?

This verse does bring into question the divinity of Jesus. More then that it brings up what we can accomplish in our life time.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Princess,

How can a vessel for God be divine when scripture never says so?

God in God?

Scripture does say he is a man and a prophet like Moses.

It also says all the works done through him were done by his God.

It says God spoke through him yet men want to use those words to say he is God.

If God chooses to do greater works through us we may never know they are being done. He is the Beholder and the Judge.

sonofGod
    Participant

Yes.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi SOG,

If God works best through weak vessels[paul]

how weak must Jesus have been?

princess
    Participant

Hello Son of God,

How so?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

And if Jesus was a weak vessel why do men want to make him a preexistent god?

kerwin
    Participant

Yes, if he (in the he or she sense) adheres to all of Jesus’ teachings. If he does not then he is not Jesus’ disciple.

princess
    Participant

I would not consider one that has been anointed weak Nick. Humbled, blessed and highly favored but not weak, in any sense.

Now take into account the attributes of Jesus, perfect lamb, a man created by his god through a female human, savior and all the others.

So really coming out of the gate it’s a little tricky. we do not have this attributes, so how can the verse of John 14.12 be accomplish?

Miia
    Participant

Can a Christian accomplish this?

Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father

Hi Princess.

With compassion and faith, anything is possible

Miia
    Participant

For example, raising the dead: Medics today (or CPR) can bring back a heart that’s stopped beating. The idea had to start somewhere.

Example: Anesthesia: James Simpson discovered anesthesia, and was a Christian who used scripture to argue in its favor.

Quote:
    “Some doctors did not jump at the opportunity to use anesthesia….. Here’s where Simpson found an argument from Scripture. He turned to Genesis 2, where God put Adam to sleep while performing surgery on him to create Eve from his side. If God could use a kind of anesthesia before the fall of man, why could not we use such a technique today? Tiner explains, “Simpson believed the principle that God did not rejoice in needless pain still applied.”

This was not an isolated application of Scripture for Simpson. Tiner goes on to explain that Simpson was an avid Christian, a Bible scholar, and soulwinner. He even wrote a tract explaining the gospel of Jesus Christ to non-Christians.

Chloroform was a major advance in surgery. Patients think nothing of going into an Adamic sleep while being cut open for operations that before would have caused screams of pain, only to awaken sewn up and unaware of the trauma.

In Men of Science, Men of God (1988, p. 52), Henry M. Morris wrote that Simpson could have boasted about his discovery of chloroform, but exclaimed that his greatest discovery was, “That I have a Saviour!” Morris quoted the end of that gospel tract Simpson wrote. It said:

But again I looked and saw Jesus, my substitute, scourged in my stead and dying on the cross for me. I looked and cried and was forgiven. And it seems to be my duty to tell you of that Saviour, to see if you will not also look and live. ‘He was wounded for our transgressions, … and with His stripes we are healed’ (Isaiah 53:5)”

http://crev.info/?scientists=james-simpson

Mental illness: I have stopped psychosis in another with specific high dose vitamins (esp Niacin) – all through prayer and supernatural guidance – all thanks is to God. Another who I didn’t know nor communicate with was through prayer alone.

“Mysterious illnesses” like autism: I believe is vaccine damage. So for this: Compassion, prayer and faith.

We have come a long way – some good some not good. But we can bring back the dead (save lives).

Remember though, Jesus said will he find faith on earth when he returns.. That’s not to say he won’t, but maybe not much especially when the “SHTF”.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account