Jesus merely a man, God, a god, an Angel, Son of God, what does the bible teach?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 344 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

kw

I tell you what ; you can tell me hundred times that you walk in the truth of scriptures I WILL NEVER BELIEVE YOU for the simple reason you do not believe in them ,and you have shown it to me ,you do not have the spirit of truth for you do not live in the truth of God ,

I hope for your own sake they all are my personal opinions but i did not give the scriptures any interpretation you did ;

I have only mention what is written but you have a opinion NOT ME

kerwin
    Participant

Terrarica,

I believe what God says and not what you say and God states “the worlds have been framed by the word of God”.

Why do you doubt?

terraricca
    Participant

kw

I did not say anything just show you scriptures that have something in common you are the one that came and call those scriptures opinion ,

and I have no doubts in the fact that you are not living in the truth for you cannot see truth when presented with it ,you keep changing scripture after scripture this is becoming your trademark

kerwin
    Participant

Terrarica,

I admit, I assume you have not changed your opinion of the Scriptures but if you have then they disagree with what is actually written about creation and the viewpoints that the Jews listening to Jesus had on them.

Scripture teaches God created the heavens and the earth and all things in them through his word and living creatures through his Spirit.

All things were made through God’s word; and without God’s word was not anything made that hath been made (John 1:3) means literally what it says as any believer in Scripture would know even before John wrote his gospel.

terraricca
    Participant

kw

first I don’t care about anyone /Jew/gentile or other what scriptures says is what goes ;

you don’t believe what is written and you don’t want to see where someone did not translate the scriptures to be true ,not you or me BUT THE SCRIPTURES THEMSELVES HAVE TO BE TRUE WITHIN THEMSELVES ,do you understand this ? if it is not so then you do not follow truth but interpretations of men ,just as you doing right now ,

I never deny that God created all things ;but scriptures says he did it through Jesus what is wrong with that ;did not God created us through our parents ? or did our parents created us ?

you are confused with “spirit” and Power of God ,read the scriptures without you brain full of men opinions

kerwin
    Participant

Terrarica,

So you confess to inventing you own meanings for Scripture. That is already seen by the fact you seek to force Scripture to say what you want and do not go to God in order to understand it.

You fail to understand when John says ” In him was life; and the life was the light of men” that he is speaking about who it is also said “man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the Lord doth man live.”

Why don’t you seek God’s righteousness and his kingdom?

Tony M
    Participant

Hebrews 1:5 was one of the scriptures, among others, that convinced me to leave the WT

kerwin
    Participant

Tony M,

Yes, I can see where that would lead to doubting the doctrine of the WT.

terraricca
    Participant

Please  show me where in my words that I confess  anything ? You seem to see things that are not there at all

kerwin
    Participant

Terrarica,

first I don’t care about anyone /Jew/gentile or other what scriptures says is what goes ;

This is the confession I spoke of.

You always interpret words or they would be meaningless to you. If you don’t go by what others say then it follows you go by what you say.

Paul, John, Matthew, and others are Jews. Many of those that heard the message they preached cared about what they said and were saved from their sins. Among those that cared were the Bearean’s who are honored for testing the Spirit of these Jews words using Scripture.

The bottom line is pursuit of the truth wherever it may be found.

terraricca
    Participant

KW

you are deceitful at the least ;I also told you why ? but you chose not to see it ,and so try to find some thing wrong by cutting up my comments ,

honest people do not do that ,

kerwin
    Participant

Terrarica,

I did not tear your words up but only quoted what applied.

Genesis 1:27 is a vague verse as we do not know all the context of it. We do know from other passages that the angels were present when humanity was created.

The first time that Scripture confirms the Christ is mentioned in Scripture is Genesis 3:15 and that is foretelling the crucifixion, resurrection, ascension, and mediation of Christ.

I hold it more likely he was speaking to his angels who were part of the union but another reasonable possibility is he was talking to the earth as a workman will talk with the media he is working with.

Colossians 1:16-17 is not that understand once you understand that the word that comes out of God’s mouth took on the characteristics of humanity. That is what the phrase “The word was made flesh” means just like the phrase “God is Love” means God has the characteristics of Love.

All Scripture is true but you need to humble yourself to God in order to comprehend it correctly.

terraricca
    Participant

Kw

Yes,you did and worst you now go in disqualify  the scriptures so you can give your own version to it ,you do not have any light that’s for sure ,men,s view yes ,but that,s all you have

kerwin
    Participant

Terrarica,

Proverbs 1:6Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

to understand a proverb, and the interpretation;
    the words of the wise, and their dark sayings.

The dark sayings of John and Genesis can be puzzled out by knowing the truth and the truth is that Scripture literally teaches us that Jesus is a human being conceived of woman as is common with human beings. His conception was miraculous but so were others such as John the Baptist, Samuel, and Isaac though the details of the miracle are different. It is not literally written that Jesus is or ever was a creature composed of spirit.

If you interpret John words in chapter 1 according to the times it was written and not according to what has come after then John is clearly speaking of the word that comes from the mouth of God and not a being. According to other passages of Scripture every word John writes about the Word is true about the word that come from the mouth of God. There should be no controversy among Christians that God’s word took on the characteristics of humanity when God gave Jesus his Spirit.

Genesis 1:26 is harder to understand as I have heard at least two possibilities that could well be true. I favor the idea he was speaking to his angels because the idea of God speaking to the earth he was about to construct humanity from seems off to me. In addition his speaking to angels is more historic. In no way do I see Jesus speaking to just one of his angels nor do I believe any angels helped in creation.

Ed J
    Participant

Terrarica,

Like other humans he is called the image of the invisible God. (Colossians 3:10)

Jesus is called the firstborn of creation just like when God states he will appoint ‘David’ his firstborn son. (Psalms 89:27)

Hi Kerwin,

The term used in Col 1:15: “the firstborn of every creature” is explained
    in Col 1:18 as Jesus having “preeminence” – IT IS NOT A CREATION ORDER.
    That is yet another JW doctrine that terraricca (Pierre) will not readily let go.

Ed J
    Participant

Hebrews 1:5 was one of the scriptures, among others, that convinced me to leave the WT

Hi Tony M,

That certainly disqualifies Jesus from being Michael the Archangel.
    Is it because you found some of their doctrine faulty that you left?

Ed J
    Participant

Terrarica,

It is not literally written that Jesus is or ever was a creature composed of spirit.

Hi Kerwin,

How can you say this and then not conclude Jesus is God?

please explain ???

terraricca
    Participant

hi Edj

The term used in Col 1:15: “the firstborn of every creature” is explained
    in Col 1:18 as Jesus having “preeminence” – IT IS NOT A CREATION ORDER.
    That is yet another JW doctrine that terraricca (Pierre) will not readily let go.

Col 1:12 giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light.
    Col 1:13 For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves,
    Col 1:14 in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.
    Col 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
    Col 1:16 For through him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created through him and for him.
    Col 1:17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
    Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy.
    Col 1:19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him,
    Col 1:20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.
    Col 1:21 Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of your evil behavior.
    Col 1:22 But now he has reconciled you by Christ’s physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation—
    Col 1:23 if you continue in your faith, established and firm, not moved from the hope held out in the gospel. This is the gospel that you heard and that has been proclaimed to every creature under heaven, and of which I, Paul, have become a servant.

could you show me where I turned left when I should have stayed on line in the truth ?

please with those scriptures show me

Ed J
    Participant

hi Edj

could you show me where I turned left when I should have stayed on line in the truth ?

Hi Pierre,

That happened when you decided to get your authoritative information about God from corrupted sources.

Ed J
    Participant

please with those scriptures show me

Hi Pierre,

OK, what does Matthew 17:21 say?

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 344 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account