Jesus merely a man, God, a god, an Angel, Son of God, what does the bible teach?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 344 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,

You may be able to find a gnostic support group.

But spending all your time defending your own thoughts on a scripture study site seems futile.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..Dose not the same hold true for you, or do you think your own personal thoughts, you express by your accusitory commits are more valid the others are? Trying to Using GOD’S WORD as a platform to mount personal assaults is hardly of GOD, no fitting for a site like this, your words are demeaning and do not reflect not of the spirit of GOD. IMO

peace and love to you and yours. ……………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,

Yes we bring down what is raised against the true knowledge of God.

Your speculations are based on your own ideas and must crumble.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..o really, tell us how you bring it down, it certanly is not with the words of GOD, BUTJUST YOU ACCUSITORY SPIRIT, AND I HARDLY BELIEVE THAT IS OF GOD. Seening you never give any scripture support against what i have posted, are we supose tobelieve just what you say?

Quit mouthing off and produce scripters that say the SPIRIT of GOD OR ANY SPIRIT FOR THAT MATTER DOES NOT TRANSFER THEIR INTELLECTS TO US. THAT IS LIKE SAYING GOD CAN NOT “REAVEAL” ANYTHING TO US. ARE WE TO LET YOUR IGNORANCE TELL US WHAT IS SCRIPTURAL OR NOT?

peace and love to you and yours. …………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

hi Gb,

Yes the Spirit and f God can teach His Servants

but those who present their own ideas assuming He is teaching them are taking risks.

2jn 9

NickHassan
    Participant

hi GB  ,

ooops

That should be SPIRIT OF OUR GOD…

terraricca
    Participant

all

I still have a question;who is Jesus ;?
    Paul saying;
    Col 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
    Col 1:16 For through him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created through him and for him.
    Col 1:17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together

John saying ;Jn 1:3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

Jn 1:10 He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him.

Jn 1:18 No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the Father’s side, has made him known.

what is it you guys don’t understand in those scriptures ?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Terricca…….those scriptures were changed by trinitarian translators, who believed JESUS WAS A GOD, if you look up the words through an by used there you will find they can be translated many different was, for instance by, can just as easly be translated for the sake of or for INSTEAD OF BY, that is why we have to take the complete bible into context. I have found that the OLD TESTEMENT, is most accurately translated, even PAUL SAID THAT THEY SHOULD COMPARE WHAT EVER THEY HEARD WITHSCRIPTURES, and the “ONLY” scriptures they had was the OLD TESTEMENT. The New Testement was not written till many years after and was mostly translated into the GREEK LANGUAGE by translators who were of the trinitarian belifs who believed in multiplisity of GODS. THEY WANTED people to believe that Jesus was a GOD, THAT HE WAS THE ONE WHOCREATED EVERYTHING, that is why it is very important to always compare the new testement with the old testement and if the new does not aline with the old , we are better off to take the old testament over it brother, IMO.

It is crucial we all know Jesus is not a God ,never was and never will be, he is a human being born exactly as you and i, he did not prexist his berth on this earth, except in the plan and will of God OUR FATHER, AND HIS FATHER ALSO.

peace and love to you and yours. …………….gene

terraricca
    Participant

Gene

wake up ,I did not mention John 1;1 and what you say anyway does not make sense for it is not the trinitarian that have made it “AND THE WORD WAS (A)gOD ”

but common sense with all the following scriptures ,

any way you can believe what you want we all free to do that at the end we will collect what we stand for

kerwin
    Participant

Terrarica,

Like other humans he is called the image of the invisible God. (Colossians 3:10)

Jesus is called the firstborn of creation just like when God states he will appoint ‘David’ his firstborn son. (Psalms 89:27)

kerwin
    Participant

Terrarica,

John 1 does reflect on Colossians 1:17 because we are taught that the word that comes out of the mouth of God has the characteristics of God and the it was given the characteristics of humanity. We also know that it was not given the characteristics of humanity by uniting the John the Baptist but instead was given the characteristics of humanity by uniting with Jesus of Nazareth.

Once the two were united they became as one and thus Jesus is credited with the activities of the word the comes from the mouth of God.

Nick has testified of this and you have not believed.

kerwin
    Participant

Terrarica,

I have read Genesis 1 and there is not one word about God creating “all things that have been made” by an spiritual being but there are many words about how he created them by the word that comes from his mouth.

terraricca
    Participant

Kw

it seem you are deciding what goes or not goes ?

and these scriptures according to you are also not a part of your views;

Jn 1:10 He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him.

Jn 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Jn 1:18 No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the Father’s side, has made him known.

Phil 2:6 Who, being in very nature God,
    did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
    Phil 2:7 but made himself nothing,
    taking the very nature of a servant,
    being made in human likeness.
    Phil 2:8 And being found in appearance as a man,
    he humbled himself
    and became obedient to death—
    even death on a cross!

kerwin
    Participant

Terraricca,

He is the word that comes from God’s mouth.

“No one” includes spiritual beings as God is invisible.

The words are “no one” and not “no man” so no creature has seen God whether a native of heaven or earth but the Spirit has seen him and teaches the deep things of God to those that live by it.

If you want to call the Word given the characteristics of humanity God or a god then so be it. There is but one true God and the rest merely have the title of God falsely or to express an idea.

kerwin
    Participant

Terrarica,

Philippians 2 actually is a repeat of what I have written already. The word made humanity has the form of God just like those that hold to the gospel also do. Like him they “do not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but make themselves nothing, take the very nature of a servant, and are made in human likeness.

Their duties are different than Jesus’ so “being found in appearance as a man, they humbled themselves” and do their service for God.

That is why they are command to have the same mindset as Jesus Christ.

terraricca
    Participant

kw

you deny scriptures for the benefit of your views ,

and Gen 1;27 says it ;but like always you have your own way for understanding scriptures for they have to be at your entire satisfaction ,God his your servant in your world

take care I am done

kerwin
    Participant

Terrarica,

I do not deny Scripture but instead show it is wiser to interpret it a way you have not embraced.

I assume you mean 1:26 not 1:27.

Genesis 1:26 teaches us that God addressed his angels a viewpoint that has been held by many Jews and is gaining adherents among Trinitarians and other Christians.

In Scripture some messengers are said to look like human beings even though they were created first. God is invisible.

If you did mean 1:27 please explain your point.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Terricca……You are right about us in judgement. I believe that all things will in “that day” be made clear to us all. No one has all the truth, we see in part as through an obscure glass, but in that day we will see clearly. It is not my will to anger you brother, but i would ask you to do onethibg for me, read 2Ths2, with this in mind that, it is speaking about the false (IMAGE) of Jesus, “a lie”, about him sitting in the temple of GOD, BEING DESPLAYED AS A GOD. It’s talking about a false image created by false religion ofJesus being a God. I ASK YOU TO JUST READ IT WITH THAT IN MIND, and see if it makes sense to you that way. IMO

Peace and love to you and yours brother…………….gene

terraricca
    Participant

kw
    ALL THOSE SCRIPTURES TO BE TRUE WITHOUT ANY OPINION ONLY ONE CHANGE DOES APPEAR NOT RIGHT AND THAT IS JOHN 1;1 FOR IT SHOULD BE “AND THE WORD WAS A GOD”

REASON #1 SEE “”
    Ge 1:26 Then God said, “Let “US”make man in our image, in our likeness

REASON 2;
    Ge 1:27 So God created man in his own image,
    “in the image of God he created him;”
    male and female he created them.

REASON 3;
    Col 1:15(JESUS)”He is the image of the invisible God”, the firstborn over all creation.
    REASON 4:
    Jn 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word “a”was God.
    Jn 1:2 He was with God in the beginning.
    Jn 1:3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

kerwin
    Participant

Terrarica,

You voice an opinion.

You choose to believe God is speaking to the Christ without solid supporting Scriptural evidence.

As evidence you use your opinion of what Colossians 1:15 and therefore it is not solid supporting evidence.

The teaching you adhere to is a house built on sand which the wind blow over and destroy.

Mine is based on a teaching about Genesis 1:26 that was around before Jesus chose to sacrifice himself on the cross.

I have looked into Genesis 1:27 and is seems more likely speaking about humanity being created in his Spiritual image and then emphasizing the point by repeating it as the word translated both image and likeness is just two different forms of the same Hebrew noun.

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 344 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account