Jesus is flesh and bone.

This topic contains 996 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  NickHassan 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

• Author
     Wakeup 
    Participant
    • Topics started 386
    • Total replies 13,735

Quote (kerwin @ Oct. 27 2013,10:01)
    Wakeup,

JESUS IS THE SECOND ADAM CREATED OF SPIRIT.

In that statement adam symbolizes the first human of a specific creation.  It is the Spirit that is life giving, the Spirit that Jesus is the first to be created of.  It gives life to Jesus' body and in doing so declares him to be the Son of God with power.

Kerwin.

Adam was the first man created of dust.
    All men are also created of dust.
    This is the first creation.(flesh)

Jesus was resurrected,and made spirit.
    All man in him will also be made of spirit.
    This *will be* the second creation.(spirit).

This is God's plan.
    First the natural;then the supernatural.

wakeup.

kerwin 
    Participant
    • Topics started 144
    • Total replies 17,364

Wakeup,

That is not what is written in Scripture.  What is written is:

Romans 1:4
    Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

4 and declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

It is the Spirit that declared him to be the Son of God and it did that by resurrecting him from the dead.   In this way it gives eternal life to the dead.

Wakeup 
    Participant
    • Topics started 386
    • Total replies 13,735

Quote (kerwin @ Oct. 27 2013,16:15)
    Wakeup,

4 and declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

It is the Spirit that declared him to be the Son of God and it did that by resurrecting him from the dead.   In this way it gives eternal life to the dead.

Kerwin.

Jesus came to preach the gospel with power
    of bringing the dead to life and with healings
    and casting out demons,and also walked on water.

After His resurrection He was given all authority,
    to be equal with God.
    All angels are to worship Him.
    And all mankind is to worship Him;
    all things must go through Him.
    God himself named Him God.

Yet there is but one God,and none else.
    This is the mystery that no man knows,
    but only he, whom the Son will reveal him.

wakeup.

kerwin 
    Participant
    • Topics started 144
    • Total replies 17,364

Wakeup,

Jesus is never given the power to be equal to God as he is always subject to God but he has been given authority over everything in heaven and earth, even to choosing those to whom the God's Spirit is given.

It is God's Spirit that gives life to those that are dead spiritually and to those dead bodily. Jesus is the only way to obtain that Spirit. It can only be obtained by obeying all of the message he taught.

Wakeup 
    Participant
    • Topics started 386
    • Total replies 13,735

Quote (kerwin @ Oct. 28 2013,07:29)
    Wakeup,

Jesus is never given the power to be equal to God as he is always subject to God but he has been given authority over everything in heaven and earth, even to choosing those to whom the God's Spirit is given.

It is God's Spirit that gives life to those that are dead spiritually and to those dead bodily.  Jesus is the only way to obtain that Spirit.  It can only be obtained by obeying all of the message he taught.

Kerwin.

**Jesus is never given the power to be equal to God**

as he is always subject to God but he has been given authority over everything in heaven and earth, even to choosing those to whom the God's Spirit is given.

Philippians 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery ***to be equal with God***:

wakeup.

Wakeup 
    Participant
    • Topics started 386
    • Total replies 13,735

Wakeup,

Kerwin.

It is the Spirit that declared him to be the Son of God
    ***and it did that by resurrecting him***
    from the dead. In this way it gives eternal life to the dead

Luke 3:22 And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.

wakeup.

Luke 3:22 And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.

kerwin 
    Participant
    • Topics started 144
    • Total replies 17,364

Quote (Wakeup @ Oct. 28 2013,07:01)

Wakeup,

Kerwin.

It is the Spirit that declared him to be the Son of God
            ***and it did that by resurrecting him***
    from the dead.   In this way it gives eternal life to the dead

Luke 3:22   And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.

wakeup.

Luke 3:22   And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.

Wakeup,

The two passages speak of two different instances when Jesus was declared to be the Son of God in two different ways.  I am not sure son should have been capitalized in Romans 1 as the undergoing the final resurrection before the Day of Judgement is a testimony that the person who undergoes it is a son of God.  Other evidence that is not mentioned in Romans 1:3-4 is what declares him to be the Son of God and the Son of David.

We are told that in the past Jesus in was declared to be the son of God by the resurrection of the dead and that it was the Spirit that determined this just as it was the flesh that determines he is the son of David.

The past tense of declared is what tells us it is speaking of a resurrection that happened in the past.

kerwin 
    Participant
    • Topics started 144
    • Total replies 17,364

Quote (Wakeup @ Oct. 28 2013,06:23)

Wakeup,

It is God's Spirit that gives life to those that are dead spiritually and to those dead bodily.  Jesus is the only way to obtain that Spirit.  It can only be obtained by obeying all of the message he taught.

Kerwin.

as he is always subject to God but he has been given authority over everything in heaven and earth, even to choosing those to whom the God's Spirit is given.

Philippians 2:6   Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery ***to be equal with God***:

wakeup.

Wakeup,

Let us hypothesize that:

Philippians 2:6
    American Standard Version (ASV)

6 who, existing in the form of God, counted not the being on an equality with God a thing to be grasped,

means

6 who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

in which case robbery is defines as something to be grasped in the AKJV.

To test it we go to the definitions of the word in the origional language and find that the Koine Greek transliterated word is “harpagmos” and means “an object of eager desire”. The definition we have found seems to be an archaic definition of robbery.

Wakeup 
    Participant
    • Topics started 386
    • Total replies 13,735

Quote (kerwin @ Oct. 28 2013,15:47)

Wakeup,

Kerwin.

Philippians 2:6   Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery ***to be equal with God***:

wakeup.

Wakeup,

Let us hypothesize that:

6 who, existing in the form of God, counted not the being on an equality with God a thing to be grasped,

means

To test it we go to the definitions of the word in the origional language and find that the Koine Greek transliterated word is “harpagmos” and means “an object of eager desire”. The definition we have found seems to be an archaic definition of robbery.

Kerwin.

You seem to be visiting the library to interpret the
    scriptures to your own satisfaction.

Safe the trouble; buy your own library.

wakeup.

kerwin 
    Participant
    • Topics started 144
    • Total replies 17,364

Quote (Wakeup @ Oct. 28 2013,12:15)

Wakeup,

Kerwin.

wakeup.

Wakeup,

Let us hypothesize that:

means

Kerwin.

wakeup.

Wakeup,

I simply did a walk-through to determine what the obviously archaic words of the AKJV mean using the assumption that it was a paraphrase of the same passage of the American Standard Version and then used the original language to test if my hypothesis was true.  There is still a possibility the Textus Receptus is different but I do not have access to it in the same way as the more modern Koine Greek version.

Languages change and what a word meant a few centuries ago may longer be what it means today.  Putting a meaning of this age to a word of another age can lead to misinformation.  Be careful.

Wakeup 
    Participant
    • Topics started 386
    • Total replies 13,735

Quote (kerwin @ Oct. 28 2013,19:23)

Wakeup,

Kerwin.

wakeup.

Wakeup,

Let us hypothesize that:

means

Kerwin.

wakeup.

Wakeup,

I simply did a walk-through to determine what the obviously archaic words of the AKJV mean using the assumption that it was a paraphrase of the same passage of the American Standard Version and then used the original language to test if my hypothesis was true.  There is still a possibility the Textus Receptus is different but I do not have access to it in the same way as the more modern Koine Greek version.

Languages change and what a word meant a few centuries ago may longer be what it means today.  Putting a meaning of this age to a word of another age can lead to misinformation.  Be careful.

Kerwin.

You are in a dilemma indeed.

Wakeup.

kerwin 
    Participant
    • Topics started 144
    • Total replies 17,364

Quote (Wakeup @ Oct. 28 2013,16:07)

Wakeup,

Let us hypothesize that:

means

Kerwin.

wakeup.

Wakeup,

Kerwin.

Wakeup.

Wakeup,

I am in no dilemma, as I like Paul, would rather hear five words I know I understand than ten thousand I think I understand, 1 Corinthians 14:19.

It is humility and acknowledging I have more to learn.

Wakeup 
    Participant
    • Topics started 386
    • Total replies 13,735

Quote (kerwin @ Oct. 29 2013,04:40)

Quote (Wakeup @ Oct. 28 2013,16:07)

Wakeup,

Let us hypothesize that:

means

Kerwin.

wakeup.

Wakeup,

Kerwin.

Wakeup.

Wakeup,

I am in no dilemma, as I like Paul, would rather hear five words I know I understand than ten thousand I think I understand, 1 Corinthians 14:19.

It is humility and acknowledging I have more to learn.

Kerwin.

Just by not having that faith in God,
    Just by not believing that God can; and has
    given us his Word in print,that we can depend on.
    Is a sin.
    Your way of seeking will only lead you to a dead end.

wakeup.

kerwin 
    Participant
    • Topics started 144
    • Total replies 17,364

Wakeup,

I choose not to lack knowledge and that choice is in accordance with God's word.  Your choice is not the same and those who live by the Spirit do not choose to lack the true understanding of God's words.

Proverbs 15:14

14 The heart of him that hath understanding seeketh knowledge:
       but the mouth of fools feedeth on foolishness.

Proverbs 18:15

15 The heart of the prudent getteth knowledge;
       and the ear of the wise seeketh knowledge.

Wakeup 
    Participant
    • Topics started 386
    • Total replies 13,735

Quote (kerwin @ Oct. 29 2013,06:03)
    Wakeup,

I choose not to lack knowledge and that choice is in accordance with God's word.  Your choice is not the same and those who live by the Spirit do not choose to lack the true understanding of God's words.

Proverbs 15:14

14 The heart of him that hath understanding seeketh knowledge:
       but the mouth of fools feedeth on foolishness.

Proverbs 18:15

15 The heart of the prudent getteth knowledge;
       and the ear of the wise seeketh knowledge.

Kerwin.

You are seeking knowledge from men.
    You would be helpless without your dictionary.
    The Holy Spirit is not what you are seeking.
    You dont consider Him your teacher.

wakeup.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 997 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2018 Heaven Net

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account