Jesus

This topic contains 398 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Ed J 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

• Author
     miia 
    Participant
    • Topics started 25
    • Total replies 1,402

Please excuse if this is hard to understand I’m just on my mobile.

I have had an interesting ongoing experience recently which has left me with questions.

I had surgery 25th march and had post surgery complications. The pain has often been unbearable, and I can’t take most pain medications because they cause other problems.

Anyway, I was at my parents house one day lying in bed and on the wall is a framed picture of Jesus with some kids. I don’t believe in pictures depicting Jesus, but that picture started my experience.

So, anyway that night back at my own place I started talking to Jesus (I usually pray to the Father). It was the most amazing conversation. Jesus helped me through that particular pain (one of many), and removed it completely, all the while telling me things. I wanted to know why he hadn’t been there for me, and he assured me he had been – he was working through family who were helping in any way they could (only some family were, others couldn’t care less). He pointed out he works through anyone who is his, and those who didn’t care or help weren’t his. I hadn’t realised one son (now 22) who had been really supportive in his own way was (a Christian). Jesus assured me he had known him since he was only small and reminded me of some of the things he used to say, just goes to show, you never know who are his because this particular son never speaks about belief, and no one would guess.

Anyway, every day I have continued talking with Jesus. And Jesus has continued helping me through each pain. Some days are worse than others, but it only gets better. I cry when I think how much like us Jesus is. Jesus suffered all by himself. I cry when I see any human suffering (especially a documentary i saw on a concentration camp – why so much evil, how can people do those things to other human beings?). This is the same spirit i began with that i lost. I can see who are his and who aren’t so easily now. I cry when I think how much I love Jesus.
    But it leaves me now wondering – is Jesus God? I know most here will say ‘no’ and so would I have months ago. But there’s only one God right? I am only seeing Jesus atm (with my heart mind and soul).

AndrewAD 
    Participant
    • Topics started 1
    • Total replies 752

Dear Mia,thanks for sharing and you keep on doing what you are doing if that is helping you.I too had a surgery not long ago and was down for eight weeks.I prayed at this time to know the real Jesus and like you I never prayed or talked to Jesus either but only prayed to the Father in Jesus name as I was taught,even as a trinitarian.For some reason the song What a Friend we have in Jesus came to my mind and I decided i would try talking to him too. I had a startling realization of Jesus,even though I no longer claimed to be trinitarian.But I do see that Jesus is to us as Christians the manifestation of God on earth, and a divine special person whether that be in the synoptics or John or Paul.Jesus shows us God.

All the theology/religious speak is confusing and I for one don’t pretend to understand it all either.But don’t you let people confuse you.God and Jesus loves you and your family.I love you too sister! and God bless you and yours! And I pray for your continued healing.

Ed J 
    Participant
    • Topics started 155
    • Total replies 27,763

Anyway, every day I have continued talking with Jesus

Hi Miia,

Ask him what he thinks of me?

Ed J

kerwin 
    Participant
    • Topics started 144
    • Total replies 17,364

Miia,

The Father is God just like Jesus said. You can believe him or you can believe those disagree and so by implications accuse God of being tempted by evil. I choose to believe Jesus and to believe God cannot be tempted by evil while Jesus was.

kerwin 
    Participant
    • Topics started 144
    • Total replies 17,364

miia,

May God bring you through your testing and trials.

Anastas 
    Participant
    • Topics started 1
    • Total replies 40

I will also pray for you Miia.

Only God knows whom he has chosen and it isn’t for us to decide that.

You will be led to where you will go; follow what the Spirit is telling you and you will know the truth. Our Lord came to us to show us God and acts on behalf of God as God, being given God’s name, becoming our mediator to the one true God, the Father. There are some who say that it is wrong to pray to the Lord, but I would not agree. The Lord is in us, lives with us, and speaks to us, how could we then say it is wrong to speak to him who is there to mediate for us? Your love for the Lord is evident, but remember what he has taught in scripture. He does nothing for his own glory, but for his Father’s and our Father’s glory, for his God’s and for our God’s glory.

miia 
    Participant
    • Topics started 25
    • Total replies 1,402

Hi thanks I will try address all in this post.

Andrew, it is quite a wake up and we understand each other. Jesus is definitely very active and real and we can know him. thank you. much love.

Ed, I would not ask a question like that.

Kerwin, thanks. I used to think I had it all figured out. Do you speak to Jesus?

Hi Anastas. thanks. exactly: why would we not speak to Jesus. I had become accustomed to praying to the Father in Jesus name, yet years ago when I had the spirit in my life (compassion is a number one sign I believe) I used to talk to Jesus. how far we can fall away and go down some unknown path.

I’m still left wondering though. Will write more when I can.

miia 
    Participant
    • Topics started 25
    • Total replies 1,402

Anastas wrote

Only God knows whom he has chosen and it isn’t for us to decide that.

You’re right, that probably came out wrong the way I put it. Point was that you can’t tell just from outer appearance.

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 68,562

Hi Mila,

Certainly Jesus encouraged us to pray to him and to the Father in jn 14.

There are some things we are advised to do before we pray to God. Forgive all. Sort out any hassles with others.

The Father is on the throne of grace so that is where we go when we need more grace-as Peter advised in the 2nd letter Chapter 1. Grace is everything so we need to ask often.

I was taught too that the psalm is relevant that says

“We shall enter His courts with thanksgiving in our hearts. We sjhall enter His courts with praise”

and so that is how I begin to pray to the Father in the name of Jesus.

I have also learned to speak with Jesus and he is always encouraging and comforting. Often he begins by reminding me that nothing can come between his love and me[Rom8]. He will guide me about folk who need prayer and how to pray and I am often led to pray in tongues.

Hope this helps.

Bless you

GeneBalthrop 
    Participant
    • Topics started 42
    • Total replies 15,830

MIIA……JESUS IS NOT GOD, never was and never will be imo, it certainly is not wrong to ask the FATHER in his name. The prayers that i have had answered, were directly addressed to the FATHER HIMSELF. SCRIPTURE TELLS US HE WILL NOT PUT ON US MORE THEN WE CAN BEAR. But when sever pain comes it can seem as he is putting on us more then we can bear at times. We can derive some comfort knowing we are being forged through sufferings to conform to what THE FATHER HAS PLANNED FOR US, KNOWING THIS.

ROM 8:18……FOR I RECON THAT THE SUFFERINGS OF THIS PRESENT TIME ARE NOT WORTHY TO BE COMPARED WITH THE GLORY WHICH SHALL BE REVEALED IN US.

JOB 33:18 …..HE IS CHASTENED ALSO WITH PAIN UPON HIS BED, AND THE MULTITUDE OF HIS BONES WITH STRONG PAIN

EVEN THE APOSTLE PAUL HAD A SEVER PAIN IN THE SIDE AND GOD WOULD NOT REMOVE IT, TO KEEP HIM HUMBLE, EVEN THOUGH HE BE SOUGHT HIM TO. IT HELPS TO KNOW THESE THING ARE HAPPENING TO MOST everyone in all creation, espically the house hold of GOD, AS SCRIPTURE TELL US , “GOD DECIPLINES US AS A FATHER DECIPLINES HIS CHILDERN, AND HE SCOURAGES EVERY SON OR DAUGHTER HE EXCEPTS”. A SCOURAGING IS TERIBLE THING SIS When we are going through it.

I hope and pray he will strenghten you and give you the endurence needed and also remove the pain from you as quickly as possible.

Miia, it’s a good thing GOD THE FATHER has granted you to see JESUS AS ONE OF US HUMAN BEINGS, HE IS OUR BROTHER WHO GAVE HIS LIFE FOR US, HE IS OUR “KINDSMEN” REEDEMER. HE IS AQUIANTED WITH OUR PAINS HAVING GONE THROUGH THEM HIMSELF ALSO.

peace and love to you and yours. ………………gene

Ed J 
    Participant
    • Topics started 155
    • Total replies 27,763

Ed, I would not ask a question like that.

Hi Miia, why not?

Here you said:
    “I wanted to know why he hadn’t been there for me”
    So asking a leading question concerning you doesn’t seem to pose a problem for you.

And here you said you received an answer:
    and he assured me he had been – he was working through family who were helping in any way they could
    (only some family were, others couldn’t care less). He pointed out he works through anyone who is his, …”

In the bible people have asked those in contact with God to ask him things, so my request is not unBiblical.

“And he said unto them, Which of you shall have a friend, and shall go unto him at midnight,
    and say unto him, Friend, lend me three loaves; For a friend of mine in his journey is come
    to me, and I have nothing to set before him? And he from within shall answer and say, Trouble
    me not
    : the door is now shut, and my children are with me in bed; I cannot rise and give thee.
    I say unto you, Though he will not rise and give him, because he is his friend, yet because of
    his importunity he will rise and give him as many as he needeth. And I say unto you, Ask, and it
    shall be given you
    ; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.For every one
    that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.” (Luke 11:5-10)

So please as a friend
    …ask what he thinks of me?

Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org _______________________________________________________________________________________________________
    ”Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.” – JEHOVAH GOD

Ed J 
    Participant
    • Topics started 155
    • Total replies 27,763

Hi Miia,

Ask this:
    Ed J wants to know: What do you think of Ed J?
    …and then tell me what the response is.

It’s only a matter of few moments.
    I’m sure you spent more time on hold
    when talking to others on the phone

Your friend
    Ed J

bodhitharta 
    Participant
    • Topics started 150
    • Total replies 10,911

He will say that you are troubled

Ed J 
    Participant
    • Topics started 155
    • Total replies 27,763

Hi Miia,

If I was in contact with Jesus and you asked me to ask him something – I would certainly do it.

Ed J 
    Participant
    • Topics started 155
    • Total replies 27,763

He will say that you are troubled

Hi BD,

I see you always got something bad to say about me
    just because I tell you the truth that islam is false.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 399 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2018 Heaven Net

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account