Is Jesus the Logos?

This topic contains 1,635 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  GeneBalthrop 5 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
     NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 69,480

Hi hoghead1,

The end of your faith is the salvation of your soul as Peter said.

Hot air does not take you there.

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 69,480

Hi hoghead1,

Acts 17.18

hoghead1 
    Participant
    • Topics started 0
    • Total replies 343

I believe that God is love.  Now, when you love someone you do not seek to coerce them with threats of punishment.  Hence, I believe God saves everyone, not just those who hold with certain doctrines. Too often, faith has been allowed to collapse into intellectual ascent to certain doctrines.  it’s more important what you belie than how you live.  I think it more important to God how you live.  However, the deeper our faith, the more questions we have.  Hence, theology, philosophy, biblical studies, all are important as well. So doctrines and teachings are not just all hot air. They all help enrich the salvation process for you.

hoghead1 
    Participant
    • Topics started 0
    • Total replies 343

Yes, that touches on some key points I made in my earlier posts.  Many think God is the complete and total negation of creation.  That means we can know only what God is not, not what God is. Acts is challenging that model of God. Also, bear in mind that Paul has trouble with the world of scholarship in his day.  The Greeks were very prejudicial against Jews, very anti-Semitic.  hence, he would feel deeply alienated from the academies.

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 69,480

Hi hoghead,

So having discarded scripture as a foundation you are now able to make pronouncements such as God saves everyone?

t8 
    Participant
    • Topics started 883
    • Total replies 18,135

Too often, faith has been allowed to collapse into intellectual ascent to certain doctrines.  it’s more important what you belie than how you live.  I think it more important to God how you live.  However, the deeper our faith, the more questions we have.  Hence, theology, philosophy, biblical studies, all are important as well. So doctrines and teachings are not just all hot air. They all help enrich the salvation process for you.

Except the Trinity is not a biblical doctrine. A philosophical one perhaps.

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 69,480

Hi,

When the Word was made flesh at the Jordan Jesus Christ became the Word.

t8 
    Participant
    • Topics started 883
    • Total replies 18,135

◄ Luke 1:35 ►
    The angel answered, “The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God.

◄ 1 Corinthians 15:47 ►
    The first man was of the dust of the earth; the second man is of heaven.

Amen. But not all will believe the second man who is of heaven. They want to believe a man like us. A man from earth.

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 69,480

Hi T8,

It is all about the Spirit using consecrated vessels.

t8 
    Participant
    • Topics started 883
    • Total replies 18,135

Yes it is. And Jesus was born holy, unlike you and I. He is from Heaven.

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 69,480

Hi T8,

Born different and not needing to obey the Law?

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 69,480

Hi t8,

Are you saying he was not a son of man?

Jb 25

Are you saying he was not an  overcomer?

Rev 3

Are you saying he was not tempted?

Heb

Or is it traditional catholic teaching you offer?

t8 
    Participant
    • Topics started 883
    • Total replies 18,135

No Nick, this is your imagination.

He was born holy, so he was able to resist and not be overcome. He was tempted and it wouldn’t be called temptation if he could not be tempted.

He was for example seriously tempted to have the cross mission removed, but being obedient, he chose the Father’s will over his in his hour of weakness.

GeneBalthrop 
    Participant
    • Topics started 42
    • Total replies 16,089

T8….Jesus was tempted after he was anointed with the spirit of God, and he was able to overcome SATAN through that spirit given him at the Jordan river. Remember what Jesus said about himself, ‘THE SON OF “MAN” CAN DO “NOTHING” OF HIMSELF, THE FATHER IN HIM DOTH THE WORKS.” Jesus know he had the spirit of God (the word, or logos) “IN” him. But none of that made Jesus that word or logos that was “IN” HIM.

Why can’t you understand that, you seem to praise Jesus to the exclusion of GOD THE FATHER AS TRINITARIANS DO. JESUS WAS TOTALLY dependent on the FATHER, or haven’t you read this, “THE WORDS OR LOGOS I AM TELLING YOU, ARE “NOT” MINE, BUT THE WORDS OF HIM WHO SENT ME. Now if the words or logos he was telling us were not his, then why call him “the word” himself, and not relize it was GOD THE FATHER “SPEAKING” THROUGH HIM. Why do you rob God the Father, by saying GOD’S words are not GOD’S but jesus’, that is something Jesus never did.

You seem to be caught somewhere between a trinitarian and a non trinitarian. JESUS never tried to make himself equal with the Father, he was totally dependent on the FATHER, FOR “EVERYTHING” HE HAD, INCLUDING THE WORDS AND LIFE ITSELF, just as we must also.

Peace and love to you and yours. …..gene

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 69,480

Hi t8,

You ascribe to a man a nature, powers and abilities that are of God.

You fail to recognise God’s work in a human vessel.

You offer the folly of man’s tradition.

Honour the special vessel.

Give glory to God.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,621 through 1,635 (of 1,636 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2018 Heaven Net

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account