Is God a person

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 21 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Jael….Jesus said that God is spirit, scripture say there are SEVEN SPIRITS OF GOD, Rev 3:1, 4:5, 5:6. these seven spirits go before his (YEWHEW’S) throne, and with the seven horns (powers) establish his kingdom WHEREVER they are functioning, IN HEAVEN OR EARTH.

I BELIEVE YEHWEH, who is our GOD (the power we lean on and trust in), IS A PERSON, AND JESUS PRAYED TO HIM AS SUCH, I ALSO PRAY TO HIM AS SUCH, AN ACTUAL FATHER WHO DOES HEAR US AND DOES RESPONDS IN OUR LIVES TO US.

Jesus said that a time would whe he will show us plainly of the Father, so perhaps there is still some mystery to him that is not fully known yet.

peace and love to you and yours. …….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jael,

What does intellectual speculation add to truth?

We pull down speculations

Proclaimer
    Participant

Strictly speaking I imagine (without looking it up) that person is made up of two words:

per = one
    son = offspring

I could be wrong about that, but suffice to say that God is a father, thus he is alive. He is the original life that gave life to all else.
    He is the Father of all and the God of the living.

As for three persons, well now we are talking about idolatress doctrines that allow man to form God into an image created from his own mind.

Jael
    Participant

If God is not a person, as some here might seem to insinuate, then what is God?

Some trinitarians say that God is a person who is a spirit being… All good so far. But then it all falls apart when you ask about their belief that there are three persons in (who make up!) their God person.

Im sure you can see their dilemma: their God is a person in whom there are three persons!

At this stage the trinitarian suddenly modified WHO their God was to WHAT their God was: Their God was no longer a person with the attributes of a person (please stop thinking human traits!!!) but now is ESSENCE AND NATURE: a THING. Trinity God is a THING in whom are three persons.

But you won’t see them write that: they are ashamed to admit it all makes no sense!

So I ask, ‘When we read the word (title!!!!) ‘God’ in scriptures, what are we to think: ‘In the beginning the ESSENCE created the heavens and the earth…’, ‘…and the essence said “Let us create man in our image…”

So the essence created a man in ‘his’ own image… So, to a trinitarian, we are essence in which are three persons: a Father, a Son, and a Spirit.

Jael
    Participant

To streamline this thread and put more directly, let us use the definition of PERSON as:

– an entity that can be fully designated with a pronoun title of ‘Him, Her, He, or She’ in the higher order of sentient being. I mean, so as to exclude lower entities such as the animals and human beings; God and Angels (spirits).

terraricca
    Participant

Jael

you say that humans are the image of God and , have been created in the image of God almighty ; could you show me ONE verse to support this view ?

and at the same time could you show me a scripture that shows who is the only one that is the IMAGE of God almighty ?

Gen;1 26;27

Jael
    Participant

Hi terraricca,

Gen 1:27 says that God created man in his own image.

Colossians 1:15 says that Jesus is the image of God.

Terraricca, I don’t understand why you are asking me to show you something you already know.

terraricca
    Participant

Jael

what i wanted you to understand is that man was created in the image of the image of God ;meaning we have been created in the image of Jesus not his father

Viewing 8 posts - 21 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account