Intellect

This topic contains 166 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  NickHassan 3 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
     Irene 
    • Topics started 3
    • Total replies 611

Quote (Kimba08 @ July 28 2008,05:46)
    Hi Irene

My Defintion for Mind are the recording banks. Spirit and soul to me are the Same and is the eternal element of ME the peraonlity and the analizer of the Memory banks.

But I do LOVE Pauls version as I respect his teachings very Much. It is just definitons to separate us from aggreeing and we have enough dis-aggreeing over religion in this world. Funny enough it sounds like Armegedeon will End this world over Religion and Possibly definitons of GOD or Some such Intelligence? :p Me with my shades off after visitng 3rd Heaven, (Just alittle humour please don't start WW 3)!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Kimba08 
    • Topics started 3
    • Total replies 69

My Final thoughts would be to say spirit and soul seem to ME to be different tenses, in the sense Spirit is more appropriate when in body and use of soul  before it entered or after it has left body seems more appropriate?

Intellect only covers a part the “Id” if you wish. Intellect ananlizes but has no personality or character. Intellect would be the CPU with no soul. Make a great Robot like Data on Star Trek-NG but wouldn't get the jokes :p

Again these are definitions and a lot of time they can be very personel and not found in a dictionary or bible?

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,243

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 08 2008,05:03)
    Wj…..Show me a scripture that shows intellect is separate from Spirit then, if we believe Jesus who said the Words (ARE) Spirit then they (ARE) Spirit then, and show me were a (WORD) is not the expression of intellect, and i will believe you.

WJ…we may not be alike on a lot of things but it does my heart good to know you believe in the ultimate salvation of all. For God will have mercy on Him who have Mercy.

Dealing with people in your church and seeing all their short comings will cause you to be merciful. And Jesus our brother himself is a Merciful High Priest also.

peace to you …..gene

Hi,
    Ecc12
    7Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

This speaks of natural man.
    It has nothing to do with the spirits of those who are saved.

So spirit is not who we are but what God has given us to give us life.

GeneBalthrop 
    Participant
    • Topics started 42
    • Total replies 16,298

Nick………your wrong that speaks of the intellect going back to God Who gave it in the First place.. If your intellect were taken from you, you would be nothing more than a animal. Your right Spirit, (INTELECT) is what was given us by God, That makes us different from the rest of the animal kingdom, its what we reason with and there is a spirit given man and there is a Spirit of God, both are intellects. Both effect behavior because they comprise out intellects.

How could you (try) the spirits to see if they are of God, with out trying the words a person speaks. It simply cant be done.

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,243

Hi GB,
    No the intellect does not return to God.
    WE are speaking here of the spirit of man.

GeneBalthrop 
    Participant
    • Topics started 42
    • Total replies 16,298

Nick……what Knoweth a Man but the spirit of man which is in Him, That is His intellect.

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,243

Hi GB,
    Self knowledge is not intellect

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,243

Hi Gb,
    You could lose your insight and your intellect and still live,
    but without your spirit you are dead.[jas2]

GeneBalthrop 
    Participant
    • Topics started 42
    • Total replies 16,298

Nick………wrong if I removed (ALL) your intellect you would die. If God were to extract your spirit which is your intellect you or anyone else would simply die unless a machine were feeding you to keep you body alive. You would not even know enough to even eat or chew your food. This is carried out many times in Hospitals, machines could keep you alive, but without them if a person losses His or her mental intellect they just die, if left alone.

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,243

Hi GB,
    Really?
    Intellect is only a tool of understanding.
    It is not life itself-except to intellectuals perhaps?

GeneBalthrop 
    Participant
    • Topics started 42
    • Total replies 16,298

Nick…..you obviously have no ideas what your talking about. Intellect (IS) what you understanding thats what intellect is. Remove it and you would be drain dead with no understanding of anything. The word intellect comes from the word intelligent s without intelligence you cant understand anything. Intellect is not only a tool of understanding it contains the understanding.

Are you just arguing to just argue no matter what is said?

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,243

Hi GB,
    Lacking understanding is your idea of death?
    It does not surprise me.

GeneBalthrop 
    Participant
    • Topics started 42
    • Total replies 16,298

Nick…….same thing. Show me where they are different then.

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,243

Hi Gb,
    If you do not recognise the difference between ignorance and death
    why would you try to teach others?

GeneBalthrop 
    Participant
    • Topics started 42
    • Total replies 16,298

Nick……..> you have changed the subject again, who's talking about ignorance. Ignorance is a lack of knowledge about a subject matter, and does not imply complete lack of (any) intelligence at all. Again you show your a master of changing subject matter. And that the reason you should not be trying to teach others when you don't seem to know the difference between ignorance and lack of (total) intellect. These are simple things to understand but you seem to not be able to comprehend them, why is that?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 167 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2018 Heaven Net

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account