Intellect

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 167 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……what Knoweth a Man but the spirit of man which is in Him, That is His intellect.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Self knowledge is not intellect

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gb,
    You could lose your insight and your intellect and still live,
    but without your spirit you are dead.[jas2]

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………wrong if I removed (ALL) your intellect you would die. If God were to extract your spirit which is your intellect you or anyone else would simply die unless a machine were feeding you to keep you body alive. You would not even know enough to even eat or chew your food. This is carried out many times in Hospitals, machines could keep you alive, but without them if a person losses His or her mental intellect they just die, if left alone.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Really?
    Intellect is only a tool of understanding.
    It is not life itself-except to intellectuals perhaps?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..you obviously have no ideas what your talking about. Intellect (IS) what you understanding thats what intellect is. Remove it and you would be drain dead with no understanding of anything. The word intellect comes from the word intelligent s without intelligence you cant understand anything. Intellect is not only a tool of understanding it contains the understanding.

Are you just arguing to just argue no matter what is said?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Lacking understanding is your idea of death?
    It does not surprise me.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…….same thing. Show me where they are different then.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gb,
    If you do not recognise the difference between ignorance and death
    why would you try to teach others?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……..> you have changed the subject again, who's talking about ignorance. Ignorance is a lack of knowledge about a subject matter, and does not imply complete lack of (any) intelligence at all. Again you show your a master of changing subject matter. And that the reason you should not be trying to teach others when you don't seem to know the difference between ignorance and lack of (total) intellect. These are simple things to understand but you seem to not be able to comprehend them, why is that?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    So lack of intelligence is death to you?
    You would not have to do these fancy dances if only you would accept the truth of scripture.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….Lack of (TOTAL) intellect is indeed death to anyone, i did not say a partial lack was death to anyone, when are you going to stop putting words in my mouth, if you are quoting me (PLEASE) have the decency to quote me properly without jumping to (YOUR) conclusions, is this what your idea of a Christian is, to misrepresent what other say. You seem possessed with trying to make me and others seem foolish and lacking in knowledge concerning the scriptures. There is no fancy dances it just your lack of understanding that makes it appear that way to you.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Man loves his ignorant intellect.
    But it is no useful basis for assessing truth.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..you seem to love yours pretty well , When are you going to stop condescending on others, thats what ARROGANT Ignorant Intellect is.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Personal attacks do not reflect well on anyone.

God is Spirit.
    Is God to you just an intellect?

Not3in1
    Participant

Going to the beach was a bust! The kids got invitations to friends houses and prefered that. Just as well because I need some personal time. :) I”ve been wanting to catch up here for quite some time.

It seems no matter what thread I pop into….I see this aweful banter going on between Nick and Gene, or Nick and someone else. How sad that your brotherly love for one another has succumbed to exactly what evil would want.

Bear with one another…..forgive as the Lord has forgiven you. As members of one body we were called to peace. Since we live by the Spirit let us stop provoking and envying each other. I'm sure this sounds familiar?

Brothers, for the sake of other's who drop by our forum, please stop the banter back and forth – it produces NOTHING. Love covers a multitude of sins, however.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    To study truth you need an agreed foundation.
    I live in hope that Gene will confirm this should be scripture, just scripture..

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 02 2008,10:08)
    Hi not3,
    To study truth you need an agreed foundation.
    I live in hope that Gene will confirm this should be scripture, just scripture..

Gene's foundation is scripture.
    Your foundation is scripture.

You both have various interpretations of said scriptures. This doesn't mean that you have truth and he doesn't. Or that your foundation is the correct one and his is in error. Does it? If so, why?

Not3in1
    Participant

Sorry to post and run, but I do want to get some things done while the kids are gone – my garden is a mess!

I'll be back tonight. Thanks, Nick.
    :)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    I beg to differ.
    He teaches and that is the problem.
    He founds most of his teaching on opinion based on only one scripture.
    Then he accuses and rebukes others as being false because they are alarmed at this approach.

Scripture is meant to be our true teacher.
    The Spirit reveals what is written by one scripture supporting another.
    Human teachers should only teach in submission to what is written not teach opinion.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 167 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account