Intellect

This topic contains 166 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  NickHassan 3 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
     terraricca 
    Participant
    • Topics started 67
    • Total replies 28,224

gene

thoughts can be produce by some one else and not be the product of your own intellect.

terraricca 
    Participant
    • Topics started 67
    • Total replies 28,224

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 11 2010,15:28)
    gene

thoughts can be produce by some one else and not be the product of your own intellect.

Gene

since February 2010,and still no answer why?

you never finish any discussion unless it is your views.

Pierre

GeneBalthrop 
    Participant
    • Topics started 42
    • Total replies 16,298

terriricca……….So who has said that thought can not be produce by some else , i never said that, so where are you getting that from? The reason i never finish a discussion with you is because you never finish one. What you are accusing me of is exactly what you are doing. Going around slanering people seem to be you only motive here specially if your not agreed with. IMO

peace and love.

terraricca 
    Participant
    • Topics started 67
    • Total replies 28,224

Quote (Gene @ Feb. 11 2010,08:45)
    Nick………..I try to add scriptures to what i am saying most all the time, Where do you see i am failing to do that. Or is it you simply do not agree with the scriptures quoted because of some form of bias on your part brother.  Show where i have altered Scripture content,  Please and if i have i will change on that.

peace and love………………gene

gene

i am not alone?

Posted on Feb. 11 2010,10:28
    ——————————————————————————–
    G,
    Let scripture teach .
    Don't just use it to support your ideas.
    Spirit is far more than intellectual thoughts

and Gene i have not said that you have said ;terriricca……….So who has said that thought can not be produce by some else , i never said that

this was a answer from me to one of your comments,

Pierre

Arnold 
    • Topics started 3
    • Total replies 473

To all!  We need God's Holy Spirit to understand the things of God, just like we need the spirit of man in us to be alive… Without the Spirit in us, we will not be alive.  The Spirit is what goes back to God who gave it…. And our body is asleep in the grave…and knows nothing while sleeping… intellect is like what the mind produces like patience, wisdom etc.  It does help us to understand the things of man…..but not of God….At Baptism we receive God's Holy Spirit….God created it all, we need to feed on His Word the Bible in order to understand the things of God…. In Spirit and in Truth ….. The Word of God gives us that truth…. the problem that all have is that we like to interpret Scriptures, rather then taking Scripture the way it is written…..I also believe that all of us grow in different stages…. Unite rather then tare apart….can we all do that?????
    Peace and Love Irene

GeneBalthrop 
    Participant
    • Topics started 42
    • Total replies 16,298

Irene ………..You are partly right, you said intellect helps us understand the things of men, that is right , but God's Spirit also helps us understand the things of God and it is Just a Higher level of Intellect given to us by GOD. God increases our understand which increases our intellect. Spirit is Spirit no matter what kind it is or how high the level it is still spirit Or intellect. IMO

peace an dlove to you and Georg…………………………gene

terraricca 
    Participant
    • Topics started 67
    • Total replies 28,224

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 01 2010,08:37)
    Irene ………..You are partly right, you said intellect helps us understand the things of men, that is right , but God's Spirit also  helps us understand the things of God and it is Just a Higher level of Intellect given to us by GOD. God increases our understand which increases our intellect. Spirit is Spirit no matter what kind it is or how high the level it is still spirit Or intellect. IMO

peace an dlove to you and Georg…………………………gene

gene

sneaker;;how high the level it is still spirit Or intellect

Pierre

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,243

Hi,

Gene’s obsession with intellect has a long history.

But his ideas have not become more true.

GeneBalthrop 
    Participant
    • Topics started 42
    • Total replies 16,298

NICK….I DON’T BELIEVE I AM OBSESSED WITH THE WORD “INTELLECT” AT ALL, I JUST BELIEVE SPIRITS GIVES US OUR THOUGHTS, THEREFORE EFFECT OUR INTELLECTS, WHETHER THEY BE CLEAN OR UNCLEAN, ECT., THEY CERTAINLY INFLUENCE OUR THINKING AND THEREFORE OUR INTELLECTS ALSO.

NICK WHAT ARE SPIRITS TO YOU?, I HAVE NEVER HEARD YOU EXPLAIN IT US, SO WHY IF YOU HAVE “NO” OPINION WHAT THEY ARE SHOULD YOU EVEN DENY WHAT I HAVE SAID, SEENING YOU HAVE “NO” OPINION, AT LEAST AS I RECALL, O WAIT, YES I DO RECALL ONE, YOU BELIEVE THE SEVEN SPIRITS OF GOD ARE SEVEN ANGELS, INSTEAD OF WHAT T H E SCRIPTURES SAY. THAT THE ONLY THING I REMEMBER YOU SAYING ABOUT SPIRITS.

WHAT MAKES YOU THINK I AM “OBSESSED” WITH IT? THAT LIKE ME TELLING YOU YOU ARE OBESESSED WITH SPIRITS BEING ANGELS, ARE YOU?, IS THE SPIRIT OF WISDOM AN ANGEL, OR THE SPIRIT OF A SOUND MIND ONE TOO ?

Peace and love to you and yours. ….gene

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,243

Hi Gene,

You say that spirits give you your thoughts?

Do you not have your own thoughts?

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,243

Hi Gene,

What does scripture say about spirits?

Heb4.12

For the Word of God is living and active and sharper than any two edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart. And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are open and laid bare to the eyes of Him with Whom we have to do.

I know you cannot receive this but the Spirit of God is one.

Scripture calls angels, spirits and this confuses you.

Heb 1.13

But to which of the angels has He ever said

‘Sit at My right hand until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet’

Are they not all ministering spirits, sent out to render service for the sake of those who will inherit salvation?

GeneBalthrop 
    Participant
    • Topics started 42
    • Total replies 16,298

Nick…Yes, God does make his angel’s spirits, he also makes our spirits, and all his physical creations that has life in them, he makes their spirits to. He doesn’t make those he physically creats a spirit, He puts their spirits “in”them.

But does that make those physical things themselves spirits, no it doesn’t, if so, then we must all now be spirits also, right?, and that included Jesus, but wait, Jesus said he was flesh and bone and not a spirit. Luk 24:39 , he didn’t say he didn’t have spirit did he?,
    It seem you have a big problem Nick, Do spirits eat? Angles do. Can you see spirits, humans have see angles and ate with them, Is the spirit of wisdom somekind of an angle you can sit down and eat with, whose name is wisdom? Or is it an atribute of God, called the spirit of wisdom.

what about the spirit of truth GOD gives us, is that “a person” like an angel God puts in us, OR IS IT SPIRIT OF TRUTH GOD SENDS INTO US INCREASING OUR INTELLECTUAL COGNISITY TO RECONIZE THE TRUTH WHEN WE SEE OR HEAR IT ?

Is clean and unclean spirit angels, that jumpts into a person and takes over his or her thinking, or is it a type or kind of spritual force that enfluences the mind or the intellects of people which cause them to think differently?

You may think angels are spirits themselves because you have this view we are to become spirits ourselves, but you could never be so wrong, no scripture say we or Jesus is to be turned into a spirit and no longer have FLESH AND BONE BODIES, AS YOU IMAGINE, THE RESURECTION I READ ABOUT IS A PHYSICAL BODY, NOT GENDERED BY FLESH, BUT BY THE SPIRIT OF GOD. Just as scripture says.

Peace and love to you and yours. …….gene

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,243

Hi Gene,

Yes you need to go back to scripture to clarify these matters that confuse you.

GeneBalthrop 
    Participant
    • Topics started 42
    • Total replies 16,298

Nick….Good advise you also should, take your own advise to, interesting i see you haven’t answered any points of my post. Show us how spirits eat and drink, as angels do. Perhaps you could start there.

Peace and love to you and yours. …….gene

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,243

Hi  Gene,

Which spirits?

Angels are occasionally known to eat with men.

Angels do not inhabit men like demons.

Evil spirits do not eat and drink.

What about the spirits given to men?

Then you should consider:

Jesus had to reassure his brothers he was not a ghost when he walked on the water.

Then Job felt  a spirit pass his face in Job 4.33.

??

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 167 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2018 Heaven Net

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account