In the Beginning

This topic contains 3,160 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  NickHassan 2 years, 10 months ago.

• Author
     terraricca 
    Participant
    • Topics started 67
    • Total replies 28,224

Quote (kerwin @ June 22 2013,14:16)

Quote (terraricca @ June 21 2013,19:29)

Quote (kerwin @ June 21 2013,14:57)

Quote (terraricca @ June 21 2013,11:54)

Quote (abe @ June 21 2013,11:43)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 20 2013,17:00)

Quote (abe @ June 19 2013,21:38)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 16 2013,17:20)

Quote (Ed J @ June 16 2013,13:07)
    Hi Mike,

What do you believe the “Tree of Life” is then?

I haven't seen any scriptural reason to think it is anything but an actual tree – the leaves of which will heal the nations, and the fruit of which, if eaten, will endow the person who ate it with eternal life.

Hi Mike,

18She is a    *Tree of Life*    to those who take hold of her, And happy are all who hold her fast.

Hi Abe,

Is it your claim that because the phrase “tree of life” is used metaphorically, it can no longer ever refer to a REAL tree?

Hi Mike,

(Quote)
    Is it your claim that because the phrase “tree of life” is used metaphorically, it can no longer ever refer to a REAL tree?

I did not say that, why do you claim I do?

Peace brother…

abe

why did you give the respond ,you did ,was it to deceive ???

or what ???

T,

You should be careful of rushing to judgement.  Listen long and let Mike and Abe resolve this situation.  If you want to advise Abe to calm down as Mike is only asking a question then that would be beneficial.

K

you may be right ,but in the context of what “abe writes ,he did not answered truthfully but use a diversion point,

and then expect others to respond ,and then come up with an question that should not be asked ,or if so EXPLAIN WHY THEN HE GIVE THE ANSWER THAT WAS EXPLAINING  HIS UNDERSTANDING IN SCRIPTURES,

WORDING PLAY ???

T,

Even I who have learned English with my mother's milk am not always understood by others who are also fluent in it.  It sometimes takes a conversation to clear up misunderstandings.  In these situations patience is required though I would get on with the initial conversation.

:)

mikeboll64 
    Participant
    • Topics started 79
    • Total replies 25,089

Quote (abe @ June 21 2013,21:50)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 21 2013,16:55)

Quote (abe @ June 20 2013,23:43)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 20 2013,17:00)

Quote (abe @ June 19 2013,21:38)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 16 2013,17:20)

Quote (Ed J @ June 16 2013,13:07)
    Hi Mike,

What do you believe the “Tree of Life” is then?

I haven't seen any scriptural reason to think it is anything but an actual tree – the leaves of which will heal the nations, and the fruit of which, if eaten, will endow the person who ate it with eternal life.

Hi Mike,

18She is a *Tree of Life* to those who take hold of her, And happy are all who hold her fast.

Hi Abe,

Hi Mike,

(Quote)

I did not say that, why do you claim I do?

Peace brother…

That is the way I understood your response to my belief that the tree of life is an actual real tree.

You posted a scripture where “tree of life” was used metaphorically, and it seemed to me that your point was that the real tree of life is also metaphorical – based on that scripture you posted.

This often happens when you don't DIRECTLY address the other person's post, Abe. When you just post scriptures, with no comment about what you understand those scriptures to be saying, or how you think they agree or disagree with the other person's post, it is easy for others here to become confused.

In this case, I assumed you were DISAGREEING with my belief that the tree of life is an actual tree, that once grew in the Garden of Eden.

And I assumed you were trying to show me the “error of my ways” by posting a scripture where “tree of life” is used metaphorically.

Was I wrong to assume those things? Better yet, is it wrong for YOU to constantly make people work from assumptions, simply because you refuse to just come right out and say what's on your mind?

Hi Mike,

Prov.3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine Own understanding.

(Quote)

I never said that. Why do you put words in my mouth?

Peace.

Look at the quotes above, Abe. Show me where I “put words in your mouth”. I see where I asked QUESTIONS because I wanted CLARIFICATION. But I don't see where I “put words in your mouth”.

And look how these quote boxes have developed. I am STILL looking for an answer to my QUESTION. And you are STILL speaking in riddles, making false accusations against me.

Dude, if you don't know how to have a scriptural discussion, then just don't say anything to me. If you DO comment on one of my posts, then be MAN enough to stand and explain/defend what you said.

As it stands right now, I believe the tree of life was an actual tree with REAL fruit that was once in the Garden of Eden. If you agree with me, say, “I agree with that, Mike”.

If you DON'T agree with me, then show me a scripture that would prohibit my understanding. So far you have done neither, which leaves us all guessing as to whether you agree with me or not.

Which brings me back to the question I asked you in my last post:

Is it wrong for YOU to constantly make people work from assumptions, simply because you refuse to just come right out and say what's on your mind?

What is your answer, Abe?

mikeboll64 
    Participant
    • Topics started 79
    • Total replies 25,089

Quote (terraricca @ June 21 2013,21:57)
    yes abe does that most of the time ,and also ask you to explain some verses and then disappeared in the fogg ,this is most frustrating

he try i guess to show something that he is the only one to understand ,this leaves the door wide open for more frustration  :D

Yes Pierre.

He is very much like Nick Hassan in this regard.

GeneBalthrop 
    Participant
    • Topics started 42
    • Total replies 16,377

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 24 2013,05:39)

Quote (terraricca @ June 21 2013,21:57)
    yes abe does that most of the time ,and also ask you to explain some verses and then disappeared in the fogg ,this is most frustrating

he try i guess to show something that he is the only one to understand ,this leaves the door wide open for more frustration  :D

Yes Pierre.

He is very much like Nick Hassan in this regard.

Mike………Right , but that is a good thing. IMO

peace and love…………………………………..gene

terraricca 
    Participant
    • Topics started 67
    • Total replies 28,224

yes, they have some basic knowledge what religion teach ,and so think that they know the word of God ,

no change sins Christ ;Jn 3:11 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.

they do not believe in what is written how are they going to believe the event ??? or understand them

kerwin 
    Participant
    • Topics started 144
    • Total replies 17,364

Quote (terraricca @ June 26 2013,21:14)
    yes, they have some basic knowledge what religion teach ,and so think that they know the word of God ,

no change sins Christ ;Jn 3:11 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.

they do not believe in what is written how are they going to believe the event ??? or understand them

T,

No one is so blind as those who won't see.

terraricca 
    Participant
    • Topics started 67
    • Total replies 28,224

Quote (kerwin @ June 26 2013,22:26)

T,

K

if you can not see the whole scriptures ,and define your knowledge in a part vision ;it would like to look at an elephant 3 feet away of him,what can you see ??? not much,so can anyone learn some thing of you regarding ;the shape,the structure, the height, and how he(elephant) really looks ??? NO

so it would only a made up picture of the elephant right ??? YES

so it is with the scriptures ,

kerwin 
    Participant
    • Topics started 144
    • Total replies 17,364

Quote (terraricca @ June 27 2013,02:22)

T,

K

if you can not see the whole scriptures ,and define your knowledge in a part  vision ;it would like to look at an elephant 3 feet away of him,what can you see ??? not much,so can anyone learn some thing of you regarding ;the shape,the structure, the height, and how he(elephant) really looks ??? NO

T,

Yes

terraricca 
    Participant
    • Topics started 67
    • Total replies 28,224

Quote (kerwin @ June 27 2013,03:43)

Quote (terraricca @ June 27 2013,02:22)

T,

K

if you can not see the whole scriptures ,and define your knowledge in a part  vision ;it would like to look at an elephant 3 feet away of him,what can you see ??? not much,so can anyone learn some thing of you regarding ;the shape,the structure, the height, and how he(elephant) really looks ??? NO

T,

Yes

:)

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,325

Hi,

The unspiritual are so confident that reading scripture and using logic alone they can find truth.

Their deception is so deep.

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,325

Hi,

The Word was in the beginning.

Jesus then was just in the plan of God.

Viewing 11 posts - 3,151 through 3,161 (of 3,161 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2018 Heaven Net

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account