I was baptized into the Trinity

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 98 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

Q: How do you get baptized if nearly every denomination baptizes in the name of the Trinity formula?

A: That is a good question. Scripture is clear, that we are to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ.

Acts 2:37-39
    37 Now when they heard this, they were pierced to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Brethren, what shall we do?”
    38 Peter said to them, “Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
    39 “For the promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off, as many as the Lord our God will call to Himself.”

You can be baptized by any Believer that has the Spirit of God and into the name of Jesus. If you cannot find anyone willing to baptize in the name of Jesus Christ and they insist on you being baptized into the Trinity, then your priority is to make sure that you are baptized in the Spirit of God which is the important one and you can do this without the aid of another person.

Scripture records a group who had the Spirit but had not heard of water baptism. Upon hearing they were baptized. So if the the outcome is the Spirit of God and you can receive the Spirit even when not being baptized in water, then you should make sure that you receive the Holy Spirit.

Acts 10:44-48
    “While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit fell upon all those who were listening to the message. 45 And all the circumcised believers who had come with Peter were amazed, because the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out upon the Gentiles also. 46 For they were hearing them speaking with tongues and exalting God. Then Peter answered, 47 “Surely no one can refuse the water for these to be baptized who have received the Holy Spirit just as we did, can he?” 48 And he ordered them to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they asked him to stay on for a few days,”

Jesus also said that God will give his spirit to all who ask.

Luke 11:13
    If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!”

So here is my advice:

Trust in the water baptism if you have already been baptized even if it was spoken as in the name of the Trinity. Being baptized in Jesus name does not mean that certain words need to be spoken. It just means in the authority of Jesus Christ and if this what you believed you were being baptized, then you have already made that outward and public commitment to serve God and his Christ. If not, and the understanding was to be baptized into the Trinity and building your faith on the creedal understanding of the group that baptized you, then yes you should seek to be baptized into the name of Jesus Christ.

First thing, you need to make sure you have the spirit of God by asking him for the spirit as Jesus described in Luke 11:13. After that, you will be able to baptize others in water in the name of Jesus Christ. And you could get them to baptize you. Remember this though, Jesus is a transliteration of the name ‘Yeshua’ or similar pronunciation. So as you can see, it is not really the exact correct utterance that is important, but that you do all things in the name of Jesus Christ including your baptism.

Think of it like this. Jesus said, that a cup of water given in his name shall not lose its reward.

Mark 9:41
    Truly I tell you, anyone who gives you a cup of water in my name because you belong to the Messiah will certainly not lose their reward.

Did he mean that we have to say, “In the name of Jesus I give you this glass of water”, or did he mean that you give it because of your faith in God and his Christ. Surely it is the latter, so to do all in his name does not mean you have to utter his name every single time for it to count, rather it is in his authority or because of him.

DavidL
    Participant

there is only one baptism…

Admin
    Keymaster

Likewise, there is one God the Father. One Lord, the Lord Jesus Christ. One Spirit. One faith. One baptism.
    Ask yourself, if God is triune, then is the Lord trinue, the spirit triune, the faith triune, and baptism triune.
    The answer is a resounding no.
    The one faith says that there is one God the Father. Amen and thank you.

DavidL
    Participant

Let go of your logical Babylon – The LORD our God is ONE LORD…Father, Son and Holy Spirit…Let *US* make man in *OUR* image…

to follow your logic – There is ONE Satan – god of this world…who works with the Beast and False prophet to form Satanic trinity 666..

I think you do not REALLY want to understand, just expound your own false teaching…

Admin
    Keymaster

You say that Satan has a Trinity: Satan, Antichrist, False Prophet.
    Thus, that is a sign that the Trinity is true because Satan counterfeits God, who also is a Trinity according to you. I hear you and I even used this as evidence myself when I believed this doctrine back in the day. But it is a seriously flawed piece of so-called evidence for the Trinity and it actually backs what I am saying. Here we go:

– God, Yeshua, Spirit of God.
    – God of this world, Antichrist, False Prophet.

Notice that the first of each are both called God in one way or another. One is God over all and the other is the god of this age. Further, just as the Antichrist and the False Prophet are not Satan, neither is Jesus or the Holy Spirit YHWH. Rather they are of him hence why we have the Son OF God and the Spirit OF God. Likewise, The Antichrist and the False Prophet are OF Satan, but not Satan himself who is the god of this world/age.

Now the reason why you have just been beat is not because I am a great debater, rather it is because it is much easier to teach the truth David, than try and make lies look true. I have the easier job, and because of that, I have greater confidence and have the full range of scripture to encourage, correct, and rebuke because I know that scripture is true. I can just say what is true and not worry about the repercussions because I have faith that the truth is good and you cannot go wrong by trusting in it. And even if it proves me wrong in something, then that is good too. I have the chance to change. You on the other-hand have to think it all through, otherwise you will be caught out just like you were now. Once you trust in the Trinity Creed, you then have to be careful as to what scriptures you use, and you have to resort to accusing others of being in a cult etc.

I appeal to you to side with truth. There is a freedom there that no lie of the world can compete with. Rest in the Lord Jesus and stop striving. You are punching the wind DavidL. Jesus said, fear not little flock. He did not say, fear not 2 billion Catholics and her sister churches. Jesus also said that his Father was the one true God, for which you condemn me for repeating. Do you realise your fight is with Jesus, the one who came to save you? It is not with me.

DavidL
    Participant

what is a trinity..? It is three working together as one..a tri-unity..

again you get tied up in your own logic..and think you have won an argument when sadly you are just lost in your own confusion..

I know you are locked in denial mode, but this clip “The Origins Of All False Religions” may help you get a true perspective on Babylon and the history of satanic counterfeits of Father, Son and Holy Spirit..

Admin
    Keymaster

Problem for you is for that true believers believe in one God the Father, not this triune God the Father, the Son, the Spirit. The Father is the true God according to Yeshua. He is the one that sent Yeshua to save us. You are not forced to believe this true message.

DavidL
    Participant

No – the problem is that you wrongly define true believers…

As “The Origins Of All False Religions” confirms – coming out of Babylon HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE TRINITY…!!!

You have got tripped up on the Trinity doctrine, and created your own false teaching that bends and denies the truth…taking certain cherry-picked verses like John 17:3, and changing others like John 1:1 to fit your carnal mind-set of the deity of Christ..!!

How long will you cling to your deception – knowing that false teachers must receive a greater judgment..?!?

Admin
    Keymaster

A true Believer not only believes in God, but also the one whom God sent, namely Yeshua/Jesus the messiah. We are not told that we must believe that God is a Trinity and that Jesus is God, and that he is the God that he is the son of. That is confusion and the very definition of Babylon. Rather, God would have us stay with simplicity in Christ. We are not required to believe in certain doctrines of ontology as you make out.

Cala
    Participant

hi, yes water baptism is a commandment, beware of those who teach that it is not necessary.

DavidL
    Participant

yes t8, you tailor your words to fit your teaching.. and try to turn the tables on me, but I am not the one teaching anything – I am simply saying that your conclusions about the Trinity are wrong because you have relied on your own carnal reasoning instead of the Holy Spirit for guidance concerning this.

Admin
    Keymaster

Jesus said, “this is eternal life, that you may know the only true God and Jesus Christ whom he has sent”. Okay I have quoted scripture. So how did I tailor it exactly.

David L. said, “this is eternal life, that you may know that God is a Trinity, and that the son of God was sent by the Father of God”. This is what you teach David L. So is this not tailoring your own words.

When you accuse others of a speck, you must first remove the plank.

Admin
    Keymaster

Jesus said, “eternal life is this, that you may know the only true God and Jesus Christ whom he has sent”. So I believe this, and you say that my conclusion is wrong. But I am believing exactly what Jesus said. You are not. When you cast out light and the words of the son of God, then you will not see clearly. His words are from God and his sheep hear his voice. Are you not concerned that you do not believe Jesus words here?

DavidL
    Participant

No, in this case I am not concerned, because I see through your deception.

Admin
    Keymaster

Which deception is that David L? The part where I teach that we should know the only true God, and in addition, also know the son of the true God? That is indeed what you call deception. And if it was, then that would make Jesus exactly what?

You know the answer.

DavidL
    Participant

your deception is the product of using natural logic to understand spiritual reality.

DavidL
    Participant

and like the Jehovah Witnesses – you have changed John 1:1 making Jesus another god so as to fit with your anti-trinity concept.

Admin
    Keymaster

Wrong. Dead wrong. I do not teach that Jesus is another God. You obviously have not read what I teach here. Your words are not a true witness of what I teach regarding John 1:1. I do not believe the JW’s interpretation of John 1:1. You should get your facts straight DavidL before making accusations that are not true. I will give you a clue to help you along.

Jesus said of Judas, “one of you is a devil”. If I teach this, am I teaching that Judas was a literal devil or demon, or am I teaching that Judas had the nature of the Devil, was like him, was diabolical.

Read again what I say about John 1:1. And not just me, but many scholars over the ages too.

DavidL
    Participant

there is not much difference between you and the JW’s – you both interfere with the Scriptures and deny the Trinity.

Admin
    Keymaster

Exactly how does believing that the Father is the one true God and Jesus as the Lord and messiah interfere?

Jesus said, “this is eternal life, that you may know the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom he has sent”. To otherwise read that as it is, means interference. I am reading it as it is and believing what it says. You need to interfere with the meaning by applying a third century doctrine which is the foundation of Roman Catholic Church.

Remember to remove the plank from your eye before trying to remove a speck in someone else’s.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 98 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account