Hot Seat Rules

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

Some heard the voice of God but others only heard thunder.

Proclaimer
    Participant

So the conclusion is what Nick? That you are right and others wrong. That you are born from above and encourage others here because they are not. You are love??? Just tell us in plain English what the heart of your message is and why you post like you do and discourage others. Can you explain it in one paragraph? I’m Curios.

And tell us about this love that you have from being the only one born again. How does it show itself. Are we blind to it because we lack the Spirit?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

There are no conclusions reached till we die.

We are on a journey and the only impossible option is to stay where we are.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

For me asking y/n based questions is merely a tool
    that helps to define others doctrinal beliefs,
    so that the discussion can be focused.

Instead what I see is beliefs repeatedly stated ‘over and over’,
    combined with an unwillingness to show the proof of
    why they are holding fast to them.

“Prove all things; hold fast that which is good” (1Thess.5:21)

Should it not be our goal to show others “WHY”
    we believe what we do – especially when asked?

kerwin
    Participant

t8,

Hi t8,

Did Jesus say

“Before Abraham I am.”

YES

he said it and

NO

The Spirit spoke through him.

Yes and no? You are in two minds about it.

There is no contradiction in truth. Contradiction come from a person’s own understanding.

Scripture is true. If it is written, then it is true. Regardless of what you make of it.

There is not contradiction in what Nick said. Instead there is the same event seen from two points of view. One of them is a Spiritual point of view and the other is a viewable point of view; not necessary in that order.

Else where he uses the demoniac that is possessed by a multiple of demons and asks who speaks when that demoniac speaks. The viewable speaker is the human but Scripture states it is the demon.

Mark 5:1-9Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

5 And they came over unto the other side of the sea, into the country of the Gadarenes. 2 And when he was come out of the ship, immediately there met him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit, 3 who had his dwelling among the tombs; and no man could bind him, no, not with chains: 4 because that he had been often bound with fetters and chains, and the chains had been plucked asunder by him, and the fetters broken in pieces: neither could any man tame him. 5 And always, night and day, he was in the mountains, and in the tombs, crying, and cutting himself with stones. 6 But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped him, 7 and cried with a loud voice, and said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of the most high God? I adjure thee by God, that thou torment me not. 8 For he said unto him, Come out of the man, thou unclean spirit. 9 And he asked him, What is thy name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion: for we are many.

I am going to stop here less I drift away from the point that apparent contradictions are sometimes resolved by considering the passage of Scripture from another point of view. Of course the viewer must first be honest enough with themselves to admit there is an apparent contradiction and then seek the correct point of view to resolve the contradiction is keeping with the Spirit.

kerwin
    Participant

miia,

Technically there are more than ten commandments in the Law as many all the commands of God in the Five books that were addressed to the children of Israel are commandments. There were ten spoken by God before the Israelites begged God to speak through Moses instead of to them personally. We call those ten the ten commandments because they came directly from God and not through a mediator.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

Hi Kerwin,

How do Jesus’ words judge in the last day?

“He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him:
    the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.” (John 12:48)

Those words seem clearer than my explanation of them but here is my effort to clarify them.

Those that hear and understand the gospel are judged by their fruit.

Those that do the words will be judged to be the children of God while those whose fruit is to reject doing the word will be judged to be the children of destruction.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

To not hear the Word can determine your fate.

It is by the Spirit that God communicates with men.

It s vital we develop ears that hear and eyes that can see.

The church is founded on this rock.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

• I am convinced the church is founded on the faith the Jesus is the promised one, the chief son of the living God.
    • God speaks to men and through men by the Spirit but he also uses it to created a new man that is like him in adherence to his word.
    • Yes, ears that hear and eyes that see the truth of God’s word are necessary.
    • Faith is Jesus Christ is the rock and faith in God is foundation of the rock.
    • Jesus has always spoken and done the word of God and so shown it is written on his heart and mind and is within him.

I think we are in agreement on these things.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

It is not by knowing about God and His Son that is useful to men.

It s by partaking in the food that is the Spirit that gives eternal life.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

Unless one is the child of the evil one then faith the Jesus is the promised one, the chief son of God will result in good fruit.

Those that are the children of destruction may believe but they do not want to bear the fruit; after all demons believe.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Faith is followed by obedience.

Why do you call me Lord, Lord, and not do what I say?

Flesh begets flesh and Spirit begets Spirit.

You must be reborn of water and the Spirit.

Unless you have the Spirit of Christ you are none of his.

Faith without works is dead.

The works of obedient faith are fruits.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

Yes.

Proclaimer
    Participant

And those that are truly born of God love, because God is love and we who are born of him show that love. While it is easy for men to say they are born from above and to question others about their salvation with doubt in their heart, it is by their love or lack of it that we know their true state. If they have not love, then no amount of preaching about being born from above is going to change the fact that the crucial evidence of love is missing. Some say they are born again and act like no one else is because they wish to draw men to themselves so that people come to them for answers. People who have not truth in their heart may listen to these shepherds. Because their hearts are wayward, they can easily be led astray.

Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. 8The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

Till we reach spiritual unity we must strive to rescue others from the fire.

If you do not have the Spirit of Christ you are none of his.

Ed J
    Participant

Ed,

That affirmative answer of Jesus’ was a nice find.

Hi Kerwin,

Thank you – I have been studying the bible for over 40 yrs,
    and my understanding of what it actually says is vast. (:

Ed J
    Participant

Nick,

Hi Kerwin,

How do Jesus’ words judge in the last day?

“He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him:
    the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.” (John 12:48)

Those words seem clearer than my explanation of them but here is my effort to clarify them.

Those that hear and understand the gospel are judged by their fruit.

Those that do the words will be judged to be the children of God while those whose fruit is to reject doing the word will be judged to be the children of destruction.

Hi Kerwin,

OK, thank you! – And is was me that asked rather then Nick.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Ed,

Spoken in true humility?

We cannot boast of the knowledge given us by the Spirit.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

It was never about the knowledge and striving of men.

Grace alone can produce fruit acceptable to God.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Ed,

Spoken in true humility?

We cannot boast of the knowledge given us by the Spirit.

Hi Nick,

I was trying to be funny, you did not find it amusing?

OK, sorry then

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 75 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account