HolySpirit is GOD: The Father of Jesus Christ

This topic contains 1,952 replies, has 40 voices, and was last updated by  NickHassan 2 years, 4 months ago.

• Author
     WorshippingJesus 
    Participant
    • Topics started 50
    • Total replies 12,316

Quote (kerwin @ Jan. 19 2010,18:28)
    You are correct that Deuteronomy 6:4 proves there is only one God.   We all know that if you have one of an item you do not have 3 of that same item.  For example you cannot have 1 apple at the same time you have 3 apples.  You either have 1 apple or 3 apples.  The Trinitarians attempt to prove that you can have 1 apple at the same time you have 3 apples and when you point out that is illogical they attribute the illogic as a mystery of God.

Kerwin

Your logic is very weak because you are comparing “Apples to Oranges”.  

You are comparing that which is natural to that which is Spiritual!

When you can explain how Jesus can dwell in the Father at the same time the Father dwells in him, and yet the scriptures tell us there is “One Spirit”, then you may be onto something!  

WJ

ED, I have been real busy and had not been able to give the time I need to your post but will soon!   :)

WorshippingJesus 
    Participant
    • Topics started 50
    • Total replies 12,316

You are correct that Deuteronomy 6:4 proves there is only one God.   We all know that if you have one of an item you do not have 3 of that same item.  For example you cannot have 1 apple at the same time you have 3 apples.  You either have 1 apple or 3 apples.  The Trinitarians attempt to prove that you can have 1 apple at the same time you have 3 apples and when you point out that is illogical they attribute the illogic as a mystery of God.

Kerwin

Or maybe you can tell us how a man and a woman can be “One flesh”?  

WJ

kerwin 
    Participant
    • Topics started 144
    • Total replies 17,364

Quote (Gene @ Jan. 20 2010,13:43)
    Kerwin……….Elohim (IS) a uni-plural word,  It means (POWERS) There are Seven Spirits of GOD each is a distinct aspect of ONE GOD. Very much like a man is a uni-plural being , he has a body with a sense of touch, of smell, of site, of sound, of taste  all these senses make (ONE) MAN. Even the Body of Christ is made up of many members but is still considered as ONE . When the LORD said let us make Man , he was talking to his seven Spirits that create everything in existence. IMO

I am going to disagree with your definition of Elohim. El is God's name. I believe El is translated God or maybe Lord. I do not know what “ohim” means but it seems to denote either a possession of family member. Son of Elohim is probably like stating a son of God's family. Of course you can state that God's family are powers and I can not argue. I am not sure you can call his possessions powers and Elohim is also used to refer to God's possessions.

Divine might be a good though not perfect translation of it.

kerwin 
    Participant
    • Topics started 144
    • Total replies 17,364

Quote (selah @ Jan. 21 2010,05:47)
    Hello Kerwin,

You have said in part that “the plural form of one is the unity (and) that is not what God is stating in Deuteronomy 6:4 as God is claiming he is the only God ……..”

I know you believe that God is not saying that here, but for this discussion, if this is your proof text as to the oneness (singular) of God, can you offer something else from Deuteronomy to substantiate your claim that God is not stating unity here?

Thank you.

If you can understand the Hebrew way of phrasing the idea of the only one then I believe the best scripture to display my point is Isaiah 41:4 where God calls himself the first Lord and the last Lord.

WorshippingJesus 
    Participant
    • Topics started 50
    • Total replies 12,316

Quote (kerwin @ Jan. 20 2010,00:42)
    Ed J.,

I am not sure what Luke 8:5 has to do with your point that the Holy Spirit is God.  The seed is the word of God, or more specifically all of Jesus’ teachings.   That is not literally the same as the Holy Spirit.  I suppose you can make the point that figuratively the Holy Spirit is the Word of God.

I am going to disagree with you on Hebrews 7:28 which is not speaking about the Holy Spirit but is speaking about the word of God, or more specifically about a particular oath God made.

A lot of your other scriptures you use as premises fail to actually support your conclusion.   Instead it looks like you assumed your conclusion when quoting those scriptures.

Kerwin

Amen to that!

WJ

kerwin 
    Participant
    • Topics started 144
    • Total replies 17,364

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 21 2010,06:02)

Kerwin

When you can explain how Jesus can dwell in the Father at the same time the Father dwells in him, and yet the scriptures tell us there is “One Spirit”, then you may be onto something!  

WJ

ED, I have been real busy and had not been able to give the time I need to your post but will soon!   :)

You are asking a question that is perhaps beyond the limits of my understanding. I will say what I know and that is there is only one spirit of righteousness that is in all of the unity and which binds us together. I believe Jesus also phrased the same idea by stating that the believers would be one with him and the Father and he and the Father would be one with them.

If this was a math problem then I would have the problem and the answer but not the work it took to get from one to the other. I regret that in this way I have limited knowledge to address your question.

In time perhaps God will choose to teach me.

JustAskin 
    • Topics started 3
    • Total replies 3,045

Kerwin, yes, in time. Pray earnestly for Gods help and guidance.

The answer is in the Scriptures not in human logic – that was your mistake.

WJ chewed you up and spat you out – Bad luck, old boy!

WorshippingJesus 
    Participant
    • Topics started 50
    • Total replies 12,316

Quote (kerwin @ Jan. 20 2010,19:17)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 21 2010,06:02)

Kerwin

WJ

You are asking a question that is perhaps beyond the limits of my understanding.   I will say what I know and that is there is only one spirit of righteousness that is in all of the unity and which binds us together.  I believe Jesus also phrased the same idea by stating that the believers would be one with him  and the Father and he and the Father would be one with them.  

If this was a math problem then I would have the problem and the answer but not the work it took to get from one to the other.  I regret that in this way I have limited knowledge to address your question.

In time perhaps God will  choose to teach me.

Kerwin

Thank you for your honesty. I wish more here could admit that to fully comprehend an infinite God and his nature is beyond our finite minds.

Here is something to think about.

1+1+1=3 But yet the number 3 is “1” number!

The entire universe reveals the “plurality of unity”.

Try to imagine just one thing in the universe that is not plural!

The creation reveals the Glory of God!

WJ

WorshippingJesus 
    Participant
    • Topics started 50
    • Total replies 12,316

Quote (JustAskin @ Jan. 20 2010,19:28)
    Kerwin, yes, in time. Pray earnestly for Gods help and guidance.

The answer is in the Scriptures not in human logic – that was your mistake.

WJ chewed you up and spat you out – Bad luck, old boy!

Just

Were you one of those little brats in school that stood on the sidelines and provoked others to fight?

Kerwin and I are having dialogue and their was no ill attempt to chew anyone up!

Grow up!

WJ

JustAskin 
    • Topics started 3
    • Total replies 3,045

Kerwin was playing logic with God and quite rightly got burned.
    My sympathy to him was wrapped along with a stern warning:
    Specifically: “The Jew seek a sign and the Greek seek [him by logic]” and you know how the rest goes.

Basically, thr heart that is not truly seeking God will never of it's oen, find him.

Kerwin, my friend, beware what you really seek?

JustAskin 
    • Topics started 3
    • Total replies 3,045

wJ,
    You really mean that you were happily leadig Kerwin astray.

'Jesus is the Holy Spirit'? Where does that come from?

terraricca 
    Participant
    • Topics started 67
    • Total replies 28,224

WJ

When you can explain how Jesus can dwell in the Father at the same time the Father dwells in him, and yet the scriptures tell us there is “One Spirit”, then you are to something.

this is your comment to KERWIN ,

Well let see Wat the scriptures tell us;first Christ is the first born of creation of God the father so he is created from the father because nobody was there beside the only true God,so we can say Christ comes out of the father but not equal to the father ,since God is spirit so also would be Christ but in less powerful way,this is well documented in the scriptures,
    in this way they both share the same spirit or power but not in equal term of power and what ever we do not understand.

I believe this should answer your question,but you will not agree with it i guess do you ????

WorshippingJesus 
    Participant
    • Topics started 50
    • Total replies 12,316

Quote (JustAskin @ Jan. 20 2010,19:51)
    wJ,
    You really mean that you were happily leadig Kerwin astray.

'Jesus is the Holy Spirit'? Where does that come from?

JA

Did I say Jesus was the Holy Spirit?

Why do you missrepresent me?

WJ

WorshippingJesus 
    Participant
    • Topics started 50
    • Total replies 12,316

Quote (terraricca @ Jan. 20 2010,20:07)
    WJ

When you can explain how Jesus can dwell in the Father at the same time the Father dwells in him, and yet the scriptures tell us there is “One Spirit”, then you are to something.

this is your comment to KERWIN ,

Well let see Wat the scriptures tell us;first Christ is the first born of  creation of God the father so he is created from the father because nobody was there beside the only true God,so we can say Christ comes out of the father but not equal to the father ,since God is spirit so also would be Christ but in less powerful way,this is well documented in the scriptures,
    in this way they both share the same spirit or power but not in equal term of power and what ever we do not understand.

I believe this should answer your question,but you will not agree with it i guess do you  ????

T

Its amazing how you actually believe that you answered my question.

At least Kerwin admits that he does not know with his finite mind all about an infinite God!

WJ

terraricca 
    Participant
    • Topics started 67
    • Total replies 28,224

WJ
    just respond and let see if you realy have the holy spirit in you,
    and i do not believe that you would accept my answer i am not that naive.but what i do know God waching us.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 1,953 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2018 Heaven Net

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account