Have you learned something new.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Admin
    Keymaster

This topic is a log of posts where people can post new things they have learned including instances where your doctrine or mind was changed.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi TA,

Good thread. I have an example of something new I learned.
    I had believed that Jer 33:17 was indicative of a physical
    kingship promised to “Israel” forever. See first link…
    https://heavennet.net/cgi-bin….98;st=0

However, mostly through the efforts of Journey42 and partially
    from the efforts of Wakeup. I was prompted by YHVH to research into
    this matter a little deeper and have discovered I was in error in this belief.
    In this link I explain what I learned https://heavennet.net/cgi-bin….8;st=50
    For thus saith the LORD, He maketh not David a house sitting on the throne of Israel.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

Jer.33:17 For thus saith the LORD, He maketh not David a house sitting on the throne of Israel. (Google translations)

Looks like ALL these below got it wrong. Only our friend Google translated Jer.33:17 correctly!

“Let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That
    thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest
    overcome when thou art judged.” (Romans 3:4)

Acts 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica,
    in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and
    searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

God bless

New International Version (©1984)
    For this is what the LORD says: 'David will never fail to have a man to sit on the throne of the house of Israel,

New Living Translation (©2007)
    For this is what the LORD says: David will have a descendant sitting on the throne of Israel forever.

English Standard Version (©2001)
    “For thus says the LORD: David shall never lack a man to sit on the throne of the house of Israel,

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
    “For thus says the LORD, 'David shall never lack a man to sit on the throne of the house of Israel;

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
    For thus saith the LORD; David shall never want a man to sit upon the throne of the house of Israel;

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
    “This is what the LORD says: David will never fail to have a descendant sitting on the throne of Israel.

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
    For thus says the LORD; David shall never lack a man to sit upon the throne of the house of Israel;

American King James Version
    For thus said the LORD; David shall never want a man to sit on the throne of the house of Israel;

American Standard Version
    For thus saith Jehovah: David shall never want a man to sit upon the throne of the house of Israel;

Douay-Rheims Bible
    For thus saith the Lord: There shall not be cut off from David a man to sit upon the throne of the house of Israel.

Darby Bible Translation
    For thus saith Jehovah: There shall never fail to David a man to sit upon the throne of the house of Israel;

English Revised Version
    For thus saith the LORD: David shall never want a man to sit upon the throne of the house of Israel;

Webster's Bible Translation
    For thus saith the LORD; David shall never want a man to sit upon the throne of the house of Israel;

World English Bible
    For thus says Yahweh: David shall never want a man to sit on the throne of the house of Israel;

Young's Literal Translation
    For thus said Jehovah: 'Not cut off to David is one sitting on the throne of the house of Israel,

seekingtruth
    Participant

Basic programming (a loop to run until we die):
    10 God saved me by His grace
    20 I want to know Him better
    30 I read His word and want to be pleasing to Him
    40 As I read His word I find a new level of understanding of where I fall short of what God wants me to be
    50 Work on improving
    60 GoTo 10

Wm

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    When I came here I had been out of catholicism for 25 years but had only just learned for sure that there was no trinity. But I still held the idea that Jesus was somehow from heaven as another being called the Son of God. This caused confusion around the conception of Jesus.

Now God has got through to me that the answer is the complex Spirit of God of which the Word was poured in the beginning and thus of God and with God as an image. Jesus is a true man who became Jesus Christ by anointing in the Jordan and that unity is spiritual, retrospective and prospective.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 29 2012,12:44)
    Hi,
    When I came here I had been out of catholicism for 25 years but had only just learned for sure that there was no trinity. But I still held the idea that Jesus was somehow from heaven as another being called the Son of God. This caused confusion around the conception of Jesus.

Now God has got through to me that the answer is the complex Spirit of God of which the Word was poured in the beginning and thus of God and with God as an image. Jesus is a true man who became Jesus Christ by anointing in the Jordan and that unity is spiritual, retrospective and prospective.

N

yes but you did not solve the problem of his Godly birth,

and you did not answer any understanding of what Paul says;

Col 1:15 He(Christ) is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
    Col 1:16 For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. (Jn 1:9 The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world.
    Jn 1:10 He was in the world, and though the world was made through him,)
    Col 1:17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. (Jn 1:14 The Word (Christ)became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.)
    Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy.
    Col 1:19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him,

all of the above are in line with;

Pr 8:22 “The LORD brought me(Christ according to Paul)) forth as the first of his works,
    before his deeds of old;
    Pr 8:23 I was appointed from eternity,
    from the beginning ,(Christ(the WORD) according to John 1;1) before the world began.
    Pr 8:24 When there were no oceans, I was given birth,
    when there were no springs abounding with water;
    Pr 8:25 before the mountains were settled in place,
    before the hills, I was given birth,
    Pr 8:26 before he made the earth or its fields
    or any of the dust of the world.
    Pr 8:27 I was there when he set the heavens in place,
    when he marked out the horizon on the face of the deep,
    Pr 8:28 when he established the clouds above
    and fixed securely the fountains of the deep,
    Pr 8:29 when he gave the sea its boundary
    so the waters would not overstep his command,
    and when he marked out the foundations of the earth.
    Pr 8:30 Then I was the craftsman at his side. (Jn 1:18 No one has ever seen God, but son the One and Only, who is at the Father’s side, has made him known.)
    I was filled with delight day after day,
    rejoicing always in his presence,
    Pr 8:31 rejoicing in his whole world

:)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    If you would argue this is not the thread to do it in.
    Can you present what you have learned anew?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 29 2012,14:31)
    Hi T,
    If you would argue this is not the thread to do it in.
    Can you present what you have learned anew?

n

i will not argue or discus this here it is just info

mikeboll64
    Blocked

I have learned too many things to count because of this site and the people here.

For one, I used to think Jesus was raised from the dead as a spirit being. Shimmer pointed me to Luke 24:37, and I have since adjusted my scriptural understanding.

(That is but one of MANY)

david
    Participant

Mike, do you know where I can find a thread that speaks about that. I just can't find one, but know I've had that conversation a couple times.

terraricca
    Participant

I have learn and see that I am not alone to search for Gods truth and only that truth ,

this give worm to my dying heart ,but you know I will not die ,because to me dead does not exist any longer,

bless you who are of my spirit for Gods will.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hi David,

We discussed it at length in the “Bodies” thread for a while, but I don't know of a specific thread discussing whether Jesus was raised from the dead as a spirit being or not.

Lightenup
    Participant

I came here thinking that the word 'begotten' implied a beginning for the Son before the ages but have come to realize that to have been begotten in one sense of the word, the Son had to have existed already within. Also, I learned about the early church writings and how they bear witness to the Son being an offspring of God and also God in nature which would insist on being eternal. I realized that the early church beliefs were basically what I had been learning from God for the past 19 years when I started asking Him what 'firstborn' meant in regards to Col 1:15. I have coined the term 'the early trinity' as what the early church father's taught before they started calling the Holy Spirit a 'person.' That is what I consider myself. I am much more comfortable in my church and value it much more than when I came here.

I am glad to be able to come here to be challenged to defend what I believe and to grow in my trust in the Lord to defend me when attacked personally and falsely accused. This type of treatment has made the scriptures come alive in respect to how Paul underwent the false accusations of others. So, I take the bad with the good because what others meant for bad, God uses for good to strengthen us. In fact many things that the Bible speaks about have come alive to me as I sense a spirit of blindness, false teaching, deception, etc.

Also, I believe I have learned patience with those who do not understand what I understand as I sense a heart for seeking truth in others here, and also my own need to continue to learn and seek truth about many things.

So, thanks to those who have helped me learn these things :)

Kathi

shimmer
    Participant

Quote (heaven @ Feb. 28 2012,20:11)
    This topic is a log of posts where people can post new things they have learned including instances where your doctrine or mind was changed.

Yes, I learned a woman should learn in silence, and not teach, and I'm trying. So, i'll see how long I can go again, starting from now!

mikeboll64
    Blocked

The thing I think I've learned the most about is the dishonesty in Trinitarian translations of the scriptures. The length to which they sometimes go to FORCE the scriptures to teach what they WANT them to teach simply amazes me at times.

Thanks to people like Shimmer and Kathi, I've been led to some wonderful Bible sites that show the actual Greek and Hebrew words used, and their meanings. These sites help me to piece together what the scriptures are truly saying.

Ed J
    Participant

To All,

Instead of everyone taking the opportunity to tell the Good
    this forum has done by telling what you have learned,
    it seems that most of you are using this thread
    to take a poke at others you disagree with.

Truly a shame!

shimmer
    Participant

Yes.

Smaller things:

-I learnt to understand and respect the Apostle Paul.
    -I learnt that the God of Islam is not nessesarily the same God of Christianity. (Though in their minds it is so it is not an issue really).
    -I met some good people :)
    -I learnt that God will not NESSESARILY destroy the Earth altogether but could just renew it. (Though this is God's choice).

BIGGEST THING:

– I never believed that demon spirits still existed and could influence people for some reason. (I thought it was Diet/Vitamin related Etc).

Now I do.

I don't believe they are in everyone or lots of people but only a few.  I have learnt that to some they can appear as if an' Angel of Light' and can remain that way to those specific people for a long long time.

I have seen what can happen – and what damage they can do, and to those who have the ability to discern the Spirits how much of a personal battle it can be and how tormenting and draining it is!

As to my personal beliefs in who God is and who Jesus is Etc, nothing at all has changed.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 07 2012,20:11)
    To All,

Instead of everyone taking the opportunity to tell the Good
    this forum has done by telling what you have learned,
    it seems that most of you are using this thread
    to take a poke at others you disagree with.

Truly a shame!
    Ed J

Almost as shameful as using this site to promote your own?  :)

You have a point, Ed.  Because of the people on this site, I have been compelled to delve deeper into the scriptures than I ever would have.

Ironically, I learn the most (not “from”, but) BECAUSE OF the ones here that disagree with me.  It is those disagreements that cause me to research and study and scripturally prove my own understanding.  And doing so causes me to really dig in deep.  And that causes me to be prepared to give an answer for the hope I have, and the reasons I understand the scriptural teachings the way I do.

This site has been a blessing to me for the most part.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ Mar. 18 2012,11:25)

Hi Shimmer,

How do know if their good, if you met them on the internet, they could be anybody; right?

God bless

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 18 2012,20:21)

Quote (shimmer @ Mar. 18 2012,11:25)

Hi Shimmer,

How do know if their good, if you met them on the internet, they could be anybody; right?

God bless

Edj

It is amazing wen you have Gods truth in your heart what you can see about others wen they talk,

If you only knew

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account