Mikeboll’s belief in a flat world

Viewing 20 posts - 1,281 through 1,300 (of 6,405 total)
  • Author
    Lightenup
    Participant

Mike,

I will take the time to answer you if you will acknowledge that stand corrected, agree? And if I stand corrected, I will acknowledge that as well. You seem to do that most of the time, so kudos to you.

you said:

Only the part of the moon that his finger is touching can be lit up by the sun.  And that means anyone on the day side of the earth cannot possibly be seeing the moon at that time, let alone a full moon – because the side of the moon facing the earth is not lit by the sun, and therefore dark.

The guy in the video is pointing to a new moon phase, do you understand that? He is not pointing to a full moon phase.

A full moon is on the other side of the earth from the sun. You show a calendar for the phases of the moon from Phoenix, Arizona in 2018. If you look at the phases of the moon in Seoul, South Korea, you will notice that the date is not the same because of different time zones. The date and time of the full moon on Jul 27 for Phoenix is exactly the same moment in time that Seoul is but because of the time difference, it reads differently. Seoul is several hours ahead in their day/night cycle because the sun rises there several hours before Phoenix. Anyway, the phases of the moon in their absolute fullest point that only lasts seconds, is the same moment for Phoenix as it is for Seoul, as it is for Paris, as it is for NYC, etc. Do you understand that?

https://www.timeanddate.com/moon/phases/south-korea/seoul

When the NEW moon is visible during the day is when it is not eclipsed but at an indirect line between the earth and the sun. The moon travels along an orbit that is angled to the equator. Sometimes that angle brings the moon in direct alignment between the earth and the sun but that is rare and that is why a solar eclipse is so amazing. I was smack dab under the solar eclipse last August and the moon was completely dark, as dark as can be. The NEW moon can be seen during the day for those of us in the northern hemisphere when it’s orbit is north of the equator. The brightness of the earth during the day would reflect off the moon at the time making it possible to see the NEW moon during the day.

When the FULL moon is visible during the day is when it is not eclipsed by the shadow of the earth. The eclipse happens when the moon’s orbit aligns to put it directly on the opposite side of the earth from the sun. It also is rare. When the moon’s orbit is above the equator, we, on the Northern hemisphere are able to see it, some more than others depending on how far north you are.

If I am following along with your concerns correctly, that explanation should help you. Maybe I am not understanding what you are asking. I am trying not to put a super amount of time analyzing your every post because I have a life outside of HN, ha. Does this address the particular concern in what I quoted of you saying? I have a big Memorial Day cookout planned to start in two minutes. I hope you appreciate that I could have been doing preparations for that instead of taking time trying to help you. Happy Memorial Day! Do you believe in the existence of the American soldiers? I’m having one come here for the cookout.

May God’s truth prevail,

LU

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Gene:  Mike, yes they had seen him…

So then the Apostle John once again lied when he said no man had seen the Father at any time?  Come to think of it, didn’t he follow that statement up by saying the only begotten god had been sent to make the Father known?  But in your scenario, people had seen the Father, and it was the Father who made Himself known by speaking through the mouth of Jesus, right?  Remember that John wrote these words after he experienced the events of John 6:35-40.  So when John said no man had ever seen God, and that Jesus said the words of John 6:35-40, he was mistaken, according to you.  Is that what you believe?

Because I believe John knew that of which he spoke, as he personally witnessed the events.  So when John says Jesus said the words of 35-40, I think John knew what he was talking about.  And when John said no man had ever seen God, I think he knew what he was talking about.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Mike,

God is Spirit.

God is invisible.

No man has seen God.

You need spiritual eyes to see spiritual things.

“ You will look and look and not perceive”

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Kathi:  You might want to do a bit of soul searching.

You might want to spend an hour or two looking into it so you know what you’re talking about.  You can start with the fact that the shooter’s gun was discovered in the locked trunk of his car… after he committed suicide with it in the school.  But really, you can start just about anywhere, because the entire story we were fed is a joke.  As for the parents suing Alex Jones, one of them already tried that with Wolfgang Halbig.  And Wolfgang was so elated to get this “parent” in court, under oath.  But it didn’t go too far.  The judge ruled that the plaintiff was required to present his birth certificate to Wolfgang (because it is fair to know if the guy who’s suing you is really who he says he is, right?), and that was the end of it.  The “parent” dropped the suit.  Immediately after that, the main newspaper in Newport Connecticut wrote a scathing article demanding that the official police reports of the event be released to the public.  (Since when are police reports, death certificates and autopsy reports not in the public domain anyway?  They made new rules during the Sandy Hook cover up, because too many people knew it was a hoax, and the perpetrators knew they couldn’t allow the false reports to fall under scrutiny of prying eyes.)

Anyway, I’ve got this video queued to the start of the post-lawsuit interview with Wolfgang.  Invest 45 minutes to learn something the mainstream media won’t tell you…

Otherwise, let it go.  It’s obvious that one of us has investigated the matter, while the other hasn’t.  We don’t have to discuss it at all, but if we do, be prepared to have your faith in the government and media (both puppets of the same entities anyway) rocked.  Oh, and your faith in people in general, when you learn that all these grieving parents are actors.  For real.  They have movie credits and official “hire me Hollywood” websites set up.  One of the grieving fathers even played the role of a SWAT guy on the scene of the shooting as well.  He’s been doing B movies since the 80’s.

Kathi, don’t tell me you still believe the mainstream narrative of 9-11… where a man operating out of a cave in a desert orchestrated a deadly attack against the most sophisticated intelligence and military force in the nation – by flying airplanes right through steel girded buildings as if they were knives cutting through warm butter?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Kathi:  At high noon I could be walking down a street and ahead of me is the horizon, above me is the sun. Soooo…

I’m not sure what your point is, Mike, sorry.

Kathi, you have to look directly up to see the sun above you.  While you’re looking directly up, you can’t also see the street you’re walking on.  And if I was to take a photo of you standing on that street, I could either get down on my knees, shoot up your nose, and see the sun behind you… OR… I could stand up and take your picture with the horizon behind you.  But I could never get a photo in that situation that shows both the sun AND the horizon behind you.  Remember, we’re talking solar noon – when the sun is not rising or setting, but DIRECTLY above you in the sky.

Is that nearer to clearer?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Nick:  Hi Dig4,

Yes the Sun stood still.

Why do you have a problem with God doing miracles?

Why would a silly idea like a flat earth make this miracle more believable?

Nick, imagine a stationary earth where the sun and moon run on appointed circuits over head.  Imagine that Joshua commanded these two moving lights in the sky to stand still over the stationary earth, and God obliged him.  Pretty simple, and pretty scriptural, right?

Now imagine a stationary sun, and an earth that runs circuits around it, while the moon runs its own circuit around the earth.  What would it mean that Joshua commanded the sun and the moon to stand still?  Seriously… explain what God really would have had to do to make it appear as though He was making the sun and moon stand still.  And then explain why the scriptures say God made the sun and moon stand still, when God really did something different to make it just appear as if He was making the sun and moon stand still in the sky.

I’m looking forward to you explanation… that I know will never come anyway. But I do give you credit for asking a real question this time instead of talking down to D4T from a position of condescending arrogance.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Nick:  Hi Mike,

God is Spirit.

God is invisible.

No man has seen God.

So then it couldn’t possibly have been God saying these words, right?

John 6:36

But as I told you, you have seen me and still you do not believe.

And if not God, then who said those words?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Mike,

For the apostles:

To spiritually see the anointed man, Jesus, is to also see the Father in him.

To spiritually hear the anointed man, Jesus, is to hear the Father and the Word in him.

Now the Lord is the Spirit so for us to hear the scriptures is to hear the Father and the Son.

We will come to you. Jn 14..23  In the one Spirit we fellowship with the Father and the Son. 1 jn1,2 Jn 9.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Mike,

You ask in this thread.

“Who said these words in Jn 6.36

‘ But I said to you that you have seen me and yet you do not believe’”

The Spirit of the Son, the Spirit of anointing, the Word,

in Jesus of Nazareth.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Kathi:  Mike,

I will take the time to answer you if you will acknowledge that stand corrected, agree? And if I stand corrected, I will acknowledge that as well.

Okay.  I acknowledge I was mistaken about the timeanddate.com site.  When they list the time of the full moon for a particular city, I was thinking that meant the moon was full above that city at that time.  I now understand that they are just listing the local time that the moon is at its fullest – wherever the moon might be in relation to that city at that time.  I stand corrected, and thank you for taking the time to help me to see my mistake.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Nick:  Hi Mike,

You ask in this thread.

“Who said these words in Jn 6.36

‘ But I said to you that you have seen me and yet you do not believe’”

The Spirit of the Son, the Spirit of anointing, the Word,

in Jesus of Nazareth.

So then not the Father speaking through Jesus?  Okay, how is it that the Spirit of the Son/anointing/Word was able to be seen by all those to whom he said those words in verse 36?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Mike, no, no man has (physically) seen God at any time, the son which is in the boosm of the father has declared him. He made him known to us through the SPIRIT, WHICH WAS GOD the Father “IN” him doing the works. WE THROUGH SPIRITUAL EYES SEE HIM. NOT PHYSICALLY, BECAUSE GOD IS A SPIRIT, WHO CAN COME TO LIVE “IN” US, JUST AS HE DID IN JESUS. IN A SPRITUAL SENSE YOU CAN SEE GOD IF YOU HAVE THE SPIRIT OF GOD “IN” YOU, YOU CAN SEE HIM IN YOUR MINDS EYE as well as in your life.

That is what i meant, Hope that cleared it up.

Peace and love to you and yours. …..gene

Proclaimer
    Participant

So then not the Father speaking through Jesus? Okay, how is it that the Spirit of the Son/anointing/Word was able to be seen by all those to whom he said those words in verse 36?

Good. He needs to be challenged in this area.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Gene:  Mike, no, no man has (physically) seen God at any time, the son which is in the boosm of the father has declared him. He made him known to us through the SPIRIT, WHICH WAS GOD the Father “IN” him doing the works. WE THROUGH SPIRITUAL EYES SEE HIM. NOT PHYSICALLY, BECAUSE GOD IS A SPIRIT, WHO CAN COME TO LIVE “IN” US, JUST AS HE DID IN JESUS. IN A SPRITUAL SENSE YOU CAN SEE GOD IF YOU HAVE THE SPIRIT OF GOD “IN” YOU, YOU CAN SEE HIM IN YOUR MINDS EYE as well as in your life.

That is what i meant, Hope that cleared it up.

Hey Gene, I agree that the Father was in Jesus doing the works.  I agree that Jesus was a spokesman for God, sent to speak the messages God wanted him to speak to us.  I just don’t agree that the Father’s own voice came out through Jesus’ mouth.  Jesus spoke the words God told him to, but it was Jesus speaking those words.  So when the scripture says, “Jesus said…”, it was Jesus who said the following words.  Not the Father saying those words through the mouth of Jesus.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Hey Mike.

I have read a number of times where you say we haven’t debunked some of your points.

Correct. We haven’t. That doesn’t mean you are correct of course, but that I do not have an answer or haven’t the time to research those points. But will get there eventually I imagine. Further, you say I bring up new points not raised by posting debunk videos. But you do the same thing. In supporting the hypothesis of a Flat Earth, you bring up new points. In debunking the Flat Earth, I bring up new points too. And why? Because I stumble across them and think they have a valid argument, so why not post them here. It is not about diverting away from points I have answered from you. Not at all.

Finally, debunk videos are the quickest and easiest way to address some points. Remember, we all do not have a lot of time on our hands to go full time on this.I am sure you agree with that.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Hey Gene, I agree that the Father was in Jesus doing the works. I agree that Jesus was a spokesman for God, sent to speak the messages God wanted him to speak to us. I just don’t agree that the Father’s own voice came out through Jesus’ mouth. Jesus spoke the words God told him to, but it was Jesus speaking those words. So when the scripture says, “Jesus said…”, it was Jesus who said the following words. Not the Father saying those words through the mouth of Jesus.

Correct. So when Jesus said God was greater than him, that was Jesus saying that and it was true because God is true and he never diverged from God’s truth. If Jesus said he was hungry, that was not the Father saying he wanted to eat a hamburger. Right Gene & Nick? A little common sense goes a long way.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Okay, Mike acknowledged a mistake. Who else is worthy enough to admit their own imperfection? Nick, Gene? When I am proven wrong I am happy to admit it because I have been given a chance to learn and be better.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Mike,

The Spirit is seen by spiritual eyes.

Natural men need the anointing with the salve first. rev 3.18

Proclaimer
    Participant

Perspective perspective perspective

D4T: Lightenup, I have to wonder once again when some are upholding Scripture that the sun has a circuit and that at one time the sun stood still which goes against what is commonly being taught now, how then is it “Christians falling for error”?

From our perspective Mike, the sun has a circuit and that is the point. From the point of view of the prophet Daniel, the world was the Middle East as that was his perspective. From the perspective of a man 2000 years ago, locusts will appear in the last times that have human heads.

Perspective Mike. Perspective is not error. If you hear a fire engine approaching you and the siren sound is getting higher it will be going lower for me if it has already passed me. See that? In our now moment, the fire engine sound was going higher for one person and lower for another. So who is experiencing the truth? Both. And what is the truth? God is. All truth comes from God and Jesus embodies this. What we have is perspective which is an interpretation of truth but from our perspective.

So from God’s point of view, does the sun have a circuit? I would say no. From our point of view it has a circuit. From the point of view of the sun, does it circuit, yes, around the Milky Way. Like the fire engine, perspective is everything. Only God’s perspective is the full truth and we are not God.

So Mike, from which perspective do we gain the truth? From your perspective? Mine? Nick? All things are relative to us depending on location, speed, physical senses, and understanding by which we filter observation. So let’s not be arrogant and narrow minded. A son of God is led into all truth. Maybe not immediately, but it is a process. We should never meddle in God’s timeline and revelation to us.

A little common sense can go a long way. God is true and we see a small part of that truth. Our mistake is thinking we see the full truth, thereby writing off other true perspectives.

Truth and perspective

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Mike,

You  need to be born again from above as Jesus was to see the kingdom.

Then you can fellowship with the Father and the Son in the Spirit.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,281 through 1,300 (of 6,405 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account