Mikeboll’s belief in a flat world

Viewing 20 posts - 1,261 through 1,280 (of 6,407 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Kathi:  If you were on the right or left side of the moon, the earth would not be “up.” The earth would only be “up” if you were on the nearest to the earth side.

The same side of the moon faces earth… always.  All Apollo missions landed on the side of the moon that always faces directly towards the earth.  The only way an astronaut on the moon could see the earth is by looking directly up in the sky above his head – just like the only way you can see the sun at high noon is by looking directly up in the sky above our heads.  You cannot see both the sun and the horizon at high noon, Kathi.  Neither could they see the earth and the horizon of the moon at the same time.

Kathi: When one part of the country is viewing a complete lunar eclipse, another part of the country that is not under the moon’s path is not viewing it the same way.

Agreed, but that’s not my point.  Here’s a cheesy visual…

Notice how the red dude can see both the sun and the moon in the sky from his perspective?  But at the same time, the moon can’t be completely eclipsed by the shadow of the earth, because the earth needs to be between the sun and the moon for that to happen.  And if the earth was between the sun and the moon, the observer could not see both the sun and the moon…

On that one, the red dude can see the sun, but not the eclipsed moon because he can’t see through the earth that is eclipsing the moon.  The purple dude can see the eclipsed moon, but not the sun since he’d have to see through the earth to see it.

I know these are cheesy, but are they good enough for you to see the point?  NASA is well aware of this problem and came up with a solution long ago.  They say it’s not really the sun and the moon we are seeing at the same time during a total lunar eclipse – but the refracted image of the sun and the moon.  The idea is that the real sun is below the curve, out of our view – as is moon which is being eclipsed by the shadow of the earth.  What we see are the refracted light rays of these hidden objects being bent around the curve of the earth to our eyes.  Of course there’s no way they could ever prove or disprove such a thing – which is the beauty of it.  Like this…

1.  Make a model where the earth causes the shadow on the moon.
    2. Notice that people are able to see both sun and moon during total eclipses.
    3. Concoct a story that they’re not really seeing the sun and moon, but their images being carried over the earth curve by bending light rays.

Such is the way scientism has operated since its inception.

Kathi: The full moon stays in its full moon phase for a few days. I would think that a short time during the full moon phase, in its fullest phase, it would be the least likely to be seen during the day.

I hear ya, but maybe I’ve been saying it wrong.  It’s not a matter of us being able to visually see the full moon during the daytime (which we can).  It’s a matter of it being impossible for there to be a full moon during the daytime.  According to the heliocentric model, a full moon is when the sun and moon are aligned so that the sunlight is hitting the moon dead on – as opposed to from angles that they say gives us the crescent, waxing and waning moons.  But as I tried to already show you with those clips from T8’s video, the sun cannot possibly be lighting the earth side of the moon while also lighting that side of the earth – because the moon is in between, as this next cheesy image tries to show…

See?  The sun cannot light the left side of the earth while simultaneously lighting the right side of the moon to give us a full moon during the daytime.  Kathi, I am so happy that you are willing to discuss these things – instead of running away from them.  We may not agree in the end, but you asking these questions allows me and D4T to actually make the presentation we wanted to make.  So thank you for your participation.

I’ll be back later…

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Dig4,

Why are you unconcerned at the loss of millions of souls due to the laziness of God’s servants?

Lightenup
    Participant

Mike,

you said:

You cannot see both the sun and the horizon at high noon, Kathi.

At high noon I could be walking down a street and ahead of me is the horizon, above me is the sun. Soooo…

I’m not sure what your point is, Mike, sorry.

M: Notice how the red dude can see both the sun and the moon in the sky from his perspective?  But at the same time, the moon can’t be completely eclipsed by the shadow of the earth, because the earth needs to be between the sun and the moon for that to happen.  And if the earth was between the sun and the moon, the observer could not see both the sun and the moon…

They might be able to see the sun and moon at sunset or sunrise if they were in the middle of the two tips of the globe facing the moon and sun.

M: The sun cannot light the left side of the earth while simultaneously lighting the right side of the moon to give us a full moon during the daytime.

The alignment of the sun-moon-earth would show a new moon, not a full moon. A full moon would be sun-earth-moon alignment.

M: According to the heliocentric model, a full moon is when the sun and moon are aligned so that the sunlight is hitting the moon dead on

That statement is false, that would be a new moon, not a full moon. Your getting the new moon confused with the full moon. See here: https://www.moonconnection.com/moon_phases.phtml

Lightenup
    Participant

Dig4truth,

you said:

Why then do we send them to places where protection is prohibited?

And why then is the force of the Federal Government brought against the people to exert money to pay for the murder of millions of babies!

What places are children sent where protection is prohibited?

The government charges taxes to its citizens, the citizens must pay the taxes. In the past, abortions have been paid for with tax money but not to murder babies but to help women get a professional abortion in a clean environment. They are caring for the woman because they do not recognize that the fetus is at the point of life until it exists the womb. I think that this current government under Trump is stopping this type of spending. Trump is against abortion. What does that have to do with Sandy Hook though? Or…what were you referring to?

Dig4truth
    Participant

Lightenup, schools are a gun free zone which means that any criminal with a gun will leave the children with no protection. Hopefully now that these shootings are in the news lately that might change. I know that there is dialogue now to that effect.

Your language on abortions reminds me of when it first started. Of course this rhetoric was simply a ploy to get the camel’s nose in the tent. I’d have to say that the whole camel is tromping in the tent now. A woman’s life who was in jeopardy related to childbirth was never restricted from the choice to save the baby or the woman. Now that it is mostly a matter of convenience the money is rolling in. Safe and rare my (you know what!).

My prayers are with President Trump as he try’s to deal with this.

The culture of death is permeating our society, from violent videos and music to easy abortions. When life is degraded and death is promoted we should expect similar results as we see today.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Dig4,

Yes the Sun stood still.

Why do you have a problem with God doing miracles?

Why would a silly idea like a flat earth make this miracle more believable?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi  Dig4,

Ready to talk about important matters yet?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

T8:  Mike, you can be assured that there is a logical explanation.

Are you even watching these videos before you post them?  This one is just like the other one I’ve been using the screenshot of in my posts.  The “expert” says the exact opposite of the point you’re trying to make, thereby confirming the point I’m making, ie:  it is impossible to have a full moon during the middle of the day.

You’re not thinking for yourself, but merely searching keywords on YouTube, and posting any video that matches those words.  And then you’re claiming these videos as a “logical explanation” when they either don’t address my point at all, or validate it.  Think for yourself, man.  Make sure the video actually contains a logical explanation that you can understand and relate in your own words if asked.  Only then should you post it.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

T8:  Seeing the sun and moon at the same time

Here we go again.  Here’s a screenshot of the video you linked…

At this moment in the video, the guy says, “In this situation right here, you won’t be able to see the moon because only this side of the moon [the side his finger is pointing to] is lit up by the sun.”

Do you understand that he is telling you exactly what I’m telling you?  Yet you keep posting these videos as “logical explanations” – when they keep validating exactly what I’m saying.  Only the part of the moon that his finger it touching can be lit up by the sun.  And that means anyone on the day side of the earth cannot possibly be seeing the moon at that time, let alone a full moon – because the side of the moon facing the earth is not lit by the sun, and therefore dark.  But my point is not just about us being able to see the moon in that situation – full or otherwise.  My point is that, whether or not we’re able to see it through the lit up atmosphere, we can’t possibly be having a full moon in that situation.  The following is a screenshot of the site timeanddate.com…

Notice the three dates I have circled.  Notice that these times of the day are when the moon is supposed to be 100% full.  How can Phoenix Arizona be having a full moon when the sun is in the sky, 93 million miles behind the moon from us?  The sun would have to be lighting the back side of the moon… the “dark side” that never faces the earth.  But full moons are based on when the front side (the side that always faces the earth) is 100% lit up.

So tell me how the sun, when it’s behind the moon from our perspective, can be lighting the side of the moon that faces us, and giving us a full moon in the daytime.  Don’t post another video.  Don’t tell me that there must be some logical explanation.  I’m asking you to use your own God-given brain and explain it to me in your own words.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Kathi, T8, Gene, Nick, and Anthony…

Would you guys please explain my previous post?  This is the story the heliocentric model tells us.  Yet according to their own model, you can see that it simply can’t be.  Please explain how we can have a full moon in the daytime, when the sun is behind the moon, and lighting the back of it instead of the front.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Kathi:  https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/false-stanley-kubrick-faked-moon-landings/

I’ve never heard of that interview, but have no reason to believe Snopes over Murray.  Do you?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Kathi:  https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ron-howard-moon-hoax/

Never heard of that one either.  But did you know that Ron Howard did play a big role in shaming NASA?  He was preparing to do his IMAX documentary on the moon landings, and didn’t want to use the fuzzy ghostly images NASA showed the public when it happened.  (You see, NASA wouldn’t allow the TV stations to broadcast the actual direct footage.  NASA made them shoot live footage of a video monitor, which is part of the reason what the public watched on TV during the moon landings was of such crappy and useless quality.) So Ron requested the original NASA footage for his documentary, and that’s when we learned that it had been lost.  That’s right… all the original footage and all of the telemetry data for the greatest event mankind has ever achieved was LOST!  Lol.  You can’t make this stuff up.

Apparently they didn’t think it was worth keeping the most important data in the world locked up in a hermetically sealed room.  They just put it on some shelves or whatever, and maybe somebody’s dog ate it.  Maybe some NASA employee recorded a Superbowl over it.  Who knows?  All we know is that NASA “lost” it all.

What a joke!  🙂

Anyway, I’m not going to go through the rest of your Snopes links, but if you have one that deals with something we actually did bring up on the thread, I’ll surely take a look at it.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Kathi:  Mike,

you said:

You cannot have a FULL moon during the daytime.

This will explain how that it is possible to have a full moon during the daytime:

https://www.quora.com/How-can-we-see-a-full-moon-during-the-day-while-the-sun-is-still-in-the-sky

Hope that helps!

It does help, thanks.  It helps me to know that they don’t have a valid answer, and so they try to sidestep the issue with trivialities.  Your source says we can only see it at dusk or dawn.  I read another one that said the official full moon only lasts a millisecond, so all those daytime photos aren’t technically of a full moon – as if that answers the question.

But my last post to T8 should make my point abundantly clear.  I’ll await your explanation.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Kathi:  I believe this theory of NASA faking the moon landing and the ISS is very disappointing when adopted by those confessing to have the indwelling Spirit of God. Christians are to have discernment over what is truth and what is not truth. When Christians fall for the error, God does not receive the glory He is due. We need to reflect truth. This thread is a rather perfect demonstration of two opposing truths…the moon landing was true vs. the moon landing was false.

All I’ve been asking since the beginning of this thread is that you guys use discernment.  The heliocentric model was designed for the sole purpose of taking glory away from God, not giving Him more.  The sun is the god Helios, Kathi.  Copernicus was a pagan sun-worshiper.  And guess what other name the sun god is known by?  Apollo… as in the Apollo space program.

There are layers upon layers of deception involved in the heliocentric model, and we’ve only been focusing on the outermost layers so far – like whether or not men have ever stepped foot on the moon.  And since you can’t even properly address the many inconsistencies in the one wet flag image I’ve presented, I don’t think the rest of it is going to go so well for you.  But that’s a good thing, because it will lead you a little closer to the truth about the world God created for us… and in doing so will bring some of the glory you’ve been inadvertently giving to Apollo back to God.

So by all means, let’s do continue discussing whether or not men have been to the moon – because it is key to the overall truth.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

D4T:  Lightenup, I have to wonder once again when some are upholding Scripture that the sun has a circuit and that at one time the sun stood still which goes against what is commonly being taught now, how then is it “Christians falling for error”?

Evolution is being taught as well. Is this something that we should “listen to the experts” about? It comes down to where we place our authority, on Scripture or in men.

When we discovered the law of quarantine, which separates disease from healthy individuals, it upheld the biblical principle. When we discovered the currents in the oceans and the currents in the air, these also upheld Scripture. This is good science.

When man “discovers” something that is contrary to the scriptures it is not good science because it will ultimately fail.

Nice.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

D4T:  Lightenup: “The Christian astronauts are using scripture. Check out the reasons in the scopes articles before you dismiss them.”

My response would mean nothing. It is their testimony and not mine. It is their first-hand account and not mine. How could I judge them as to whether they are telling the truth or not?

What I have seen and experienced is people that call themselves “Christians” acting nothing like the biblical model. But I have also witnessed genuine believers that were humble and loving and you could really feel God’s presence with their acts of kindness and mercy.

Please keep in mind that satan used Scripture also. Not saying that is the case here but just to point out that not everyone that does is genuine and not without their own motives. (Think tv evangelists)

The bottom line is that there is no way we can verify these testimonies for ourselves, and we should not, therefore, consider them as proof of anything one way or the other.  Just like the Snopes article about the Kubrick interview.  If the interviewer, Murray, insists that he is a Christian and speaks all kinds of flowery words, and praises God every other sentence, and gives to the poor, does it make his version of the story all of a sudden true, while Snopes’ version is a lie?

So all we have are certain people telling us certain things.  We have no verifiable proof that the things they told us actually occurred.  We need to focus on things we can prove first, and then the testimonials about Antarctica and going to the moon, etc. will eventually fall into their proper categories.

Keep in mind that the only way deceptions work at all is that people, as a general rule, are trusting and gullible.  They can’t imagine a reason Professor A would lie to them, and so blindly accept that what Professor A is telling – no matter how illogical it seems on the surface – is the truth.  Especially if Professor A also professes to be a Christian, right?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Kathi:  Because the earth’s axis is tilted.

It is all about the tilt of the Earth’s axis. Many people believe that the temperature changes because the Earth is closer to the sun in summer and farther from the sun in winter. In fact, the Earth is farthest from the sun in July and is closest to the sun in January!

During the summer, the sun’s rays hit the Earth at a steep angle. The light does not spread out as much, thus increasing the amount of energy hitting any given spot. Also, the long daylight hours allow the Earth plenty of time to reach warm temperatures.

During the winter, the sun’s rays hit the Earth at a shallow angle. These rays are more spread out, which minimizes the amount of energy that hits any given spot. Also, the long nights and short days prevent the Earth from warming up. Thus, we have winter!

Yeah, T8 copied and pasted the same thing.  So, do you guys want to discuss it, using our own God-given intelligence and discernment, and see if what they’re saying holds up to scrutiny?  Or are you content that the problem has been solved just because you were able to copy and paste some illogical drivel you found on the web?

The former is what I’m trying hard to get you guys to do.  The latter is what we’ve all been doing for our entire lives.  We were instructed to test all things, and we have failed miserably.  The majority here think the earth is 4.5 billion years old, and that God used evolution.  Why?  Because we have failed to test these things.  We just lazily accept whatever the men in the white lab coats say – without giving it a second thought.  Well here’s your chance, Kathi.  Let’s discuss this “different angle” solution, and see if it actually holds water.

Btw, the fact that you and T8 posted that article tells me that you checked Google to see if the sun really was 3.1 millions miles farther away during the northern summers. And while it’s fine that you guys didn’t even know about this heliocentric ridiculousness, would you be willing to admit that your first reaction when I told it to you was, “What?  That can’t be true.  Let me check that out, because Mike must be mistaken.” ?  And then once you found out it was true, you completely forgot about your instincts that told you such nonsense couldn’t be true, and you went immediately on a search to find the “official scientific answer” for the conundrum.  And then you just copied and pasted the first article you came across – without asking yourselves if their “explanation” even made sense.

Does that sound about right?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Kathi:  Mike,

Regarding the answers from the astronauts about seeing stars or not or not remembering, I took a flight from Seoul, South Korea to NYC once. It was a 15 hour flight. I got on during the day, I experienced a sunset while on the flight, and then a sunrise also. I cannot tell you whether or not I saw stars but I do remember the sunset and the sunrise. Like I said about the astronauts, they were gone for days at a time, going around the earth and around the moon, facing different sides of the aircraft, in and out of sunlight all while being pretty busy and tired. Give ’em a break.

Are you equating a flight to Korea with a flight to the moon?  🙂  You say they were out there for days, yet think it is reasonable that in all those hours of sitting still in a spacecraft, they didn’t notice or discuss the stars with each other?  Wouldn’t the first thing anyone would do upon leaving the earth’s atmosphere be to notice how different things look without the atmosphere hazing and distorting things?  Wouldn’t you immediately notice that you left blue sky to solid blackness?  And wouldn’t that realization cause you to immediately know whether or not you could see stars in that blackness?

Why do you keep making excuses for these guys?  Why do you think it’s reasonable that during such an epic once-in-a-lifetime event, some said the sky was white with stars, others said it was the deepest black they could imagine, and some said they couldn’t even remember?  Oh, and some of them gave contradicting answers in different interviews.

I guess it makes sense to someone who would tell their kids in California that the pizza place is right down the street from where YOU are talking to them right now.  🙂

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Nick:  Hi Mike,

How odd it is that those who are meant to have the armour of the Lord

and whose weapons are not of this world

crave the security of guns.

Yeah, I don’t know what to say about it.  I know that millions of young men and women have died in fake wars that were designed by the rich who really run this world, and were about nothing but greed.  I know that many of those young soldiers were Christians, and were tricked into believing they were doing God’s work.  And I know that my own family is against me on this one, and asks why it wouldn’t be right to kill a person who was raping or torturing my child.  It’s a tough topic, but I remember that Jesus didn’t whip out a gun to save his life, or send down a lightning bolt to stop the suffering and deaths of his beloved disciples.  And I remember Rev 13:10 and John 16:2.  And Jude 1:9.  And Romans 12:19.

But at the same time, I realize these false flag events for the gun grabs that they are.  Things are about to get bad in Satan’s world.  But Jesus told us that it would get worse than any time since creation before he returns.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

D4T:  Hey t8, this video blew my mind away! It made me realize that no civilian is going to explore the Antarctic.

It mentions the Antartic Treaty and how your application must be approved by what you plan to do there. Do you imagine that if we said, “I want to prove everything you’ve been telling us is a lie”, that it would pass? I’m going to have to say – probably not!

The treaty also demands that you must aquire an EPA enviornmental essesment. Now these are around $250,000 to a million usually, but in this case it could go as high as 2 million – with no guarantee that it would pass.

What kinds of things does this treaty demand? Well, for one you cannot use any gas powered machines. So this exploration must be done on foot and don’t forget to carry all the food and fuel for heat. Any regulations on the fuel – oh yeh!

So we’re down to sled dogs, but wait that isn’t allowed either. Plus you have to bag and carry your waiste with you – yes that means YOUR waste too!

Not only does it require passing the treaty guidelines but it then is submitted to all the countries that are members! Any one of them can shoot it down for any reason. Pretty tough so far. But you’re really just getting started!

You then have to deal with the nations that have territorial rights which trump the treaty. So if they have an issue, there goes your million or two invested in the EPA enviornmental impact research report. Of course there are areas that you cannot go even if you were to get this highly unlikely approval.

Of course your application will be made public so any tree-hugging group can sue you and cancel your journey.

Then there are some really difficult things that you must do to “check out the edge”!

Two million dollars?!?  Uh, T8… remember when I said I’d pay?  Yeah, about that…  🙂

Guess what?  After 80+ years of ongoing scientific exploration, we’ve just discovered new mountain ranges and canyons on that icy continent.  And it turns out they’re right next to the south pole for heavens sake!

https://www.nbcnews.com/mach/science/vast-hidden-canyons-mountain-ranges-discovered-antarctica-ncna877621

Scroll down half way through the article, and you’ll see a graphic that shows a “GPS dead zone” in the middle of the continent.  Really?  I thought there were 13,000 satellites orbiting the earth right now.  Why do we still have “dead zones” in the southern oceans and in Antarctica?  Why does Google Earth show us pastel paintings instead of what Antarctica really looks like?

What a tangled web we weave…

Viewing 20 posts - 1,261 through 1,280 (of 6,407 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account