Mikeboll’s belief in a flat world

Viewing 20 posts - 1,141 through 1,160 (of 6,407 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Mike,

If you cannot hear the Spirit speaking through the chosen vessels

then you are in the same situation that the unspiritual found themselves in.

They only saw the son of Joseph and Mary, or they thought the gods had come to earth

Deaf to the Spirit they opposed the works of God and killed His Servant Jesus and the prophets and apostles.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Mike,

This is a plea that you would consider listening to the Spirit speaking through all the blessed vessels that God has sent. Take the focus for a moment off the vessels and hear the harmonious message that God has written through them.

Proclaimer
    Participant

How about the angle of the earth in the first one? Do you understand that the astronauts all landed on the part of the moon that always faces the earth? Do you understand that any image of the earth from standing on the moon would be taken straight up – at 180 degrees? There is no way someone on the earth side of the moon could see both the earth and the horizon of the moon in the same photo. Agreed?t

That would be true if the moon was flat and facing Earth. But it is a sphere, so it would be true if you were on the equator. Chances are they were not on the equator though.

Anthony
    Participant

Hi Mike and Dig, God bless. Good morning you guys must be on the other side of the flat Earth your posting, when I’m sleeping it’s a wonder you guys don’t fall off. Lol. k  let’s talk about a fix Earth Mike: The Bible clearly and undeniably describes a fixed earth with a sun, a moon, and stars as lights in a firmament. × Some creationists believe that the scientific assault on the Bible did not begin with biological evolution, but with the acceptance of the heliocentric (or more properly, geokinetic) theory centuries ago<span class=”js-canadianPeriod”>. </span>These people believe that the Bible clearly states that the Earth does not move, and hence the only acceptable Biblical cosmology is a geocentric one<span class=”js-canadianPeriod”>. </span>Modern geocentrists use both Biblical and scientific arguments for their case. We examine these arguments, and find them poorly founded<span class=”js-canadianPeriod”>. </span>The Scriptural passages quoted do not address cosmology<span class=”js-canadianPeriod”>. </span>Some geocentrists draw distinctions that do not exist in the original autographs or even in translations<span class=”js-canadianPeriod”>. </span>In short, the Bible is neither geocentric nor heliocentric<span class=”js-canadianPeriod”>. </span>While geocentrists present some interesting scientific results, their scientific arguments are often based upon improper understanding of theories and data<span class=”js-canadianPeriod”>. </span> What better way to do this than for them to falsely claim that the Bible says things that are patently not true<span class=”js-canadianQuestion”>?</span>This technique is a very common strategy in attacking the Bible There are few Biblical texts that in any way even remotely address the heliocentric geocentric question<span class=”js-canadianPeriod”>. </span>In each instance there is considerable doubt as to whether cosmology is the issue<span class=”js-canadianPeriod”>. </span>Some of these verses are in the poetic books, such as the Psalms<span class=”js-canadianPeriod”>. </span>It is poor practice to build any teaching or doctrine solely or primarily upon passages from the poetic books, though they can amplify concepts clearly taught elsewhere<span class=”js-canadianPeriod”>. </span>It is also important not to base doctrines upon any passage that at best only remotely addresses an issue<span class=”js-canadianPeriod”>. </span>That is, if cosmology is clearly not the point of a passage, then extracting a cosmological meaning can be very dangerous. in the middle ages and well into the Renaissance, the Roman Catholic Church did teach geocentrism, but was that based upon the Bible? The Church’s response to Galileo (1564–1642) was primarily from the works of Aristotle (384–322 BC) and other ancient Greek philosophers. It was Augustine (AD 354–430), Thomas Aquinas (1224–1274) and others who ‘baptized’ the work of these pagans and termed them ‘pre-Christian Christians’<span class=”js-canadianPeriod”>. </span>This mingling of pagan science and the Bible was a fundamental error for which the Church eventually paid a tremendous price.Confusion persists to today in that nearly every textbook that discusses the Galileo affair claims that it was a matter of religion vs science, when it actually was a matter of science vs science<span class=”js-canadianPeriod”>. </span>Unfortunately, Church leaders interpreted certain Biblical passages as geocentric to bolster the argument for what science of the day was claiming<span class=”js-canadianPeriod”>. </span>This mistake is identical to those today who interpret the Bible to support things such as the big bang, billions of years, or biological evolution. Therefore, any evangelical Christian misinformed of this history who claims that the Bible is geocentric is hardly any more credible a source on this topic than an atheist or agnostic The Hebrew word for ‘moved’ (<i>mowt</i>) is in the <i>niphal</i> stem, which often refers to the passive voice, as indeed it does here<span class=”js-canadianPeriod”>. </span>This is reflected in the English translations—to be moved or not to be moved suggests the action of an external or causative agent to bring<span class=”js-canadianAbout”> about </span>change in position, but does not exclude the possibility of motion apart from an external agent<span class=”js-canadianPeriod”>. </span>Virtually all that we know of ancient science and cosmology comes from the Greeks. Most of them were geocentrists<span class=”js-canadianPeriod”>. two other evidences for heliocentrism. One was the discovery of four moons, that orbit Jupiter. Galileo used this to counter the objection to heliocentrism that the moon would be left behind if the Earth moved. It is obvious that Jupiter moves, and it is also obvious that its motion does not leave behind the moons of Jupiter. God bless,In Anthony.</span>

Anthony
    Participant

My phone apparently is messing up sorry I have no computer right now this is hard to do with a phone.  Going have to wait till I get my computer back this is to frustrating with my phone God bless, later In Him Anthony.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Mike…Here is one not just for you but everyone here to think about, instead of this FLAT EARTH GARABAGE.

John 16:13,..”Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into “all” truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will show you things to come”.

If you understand this then you should know, who was speaking and “when” he was speaking, the man Jesus, or GOD the Father speaking through the man Jesus.

Peace and love to you and yours. ……gene

Proclaimer
    Participant

Let’s just admit the Antarctica is a frozen continent that has been visited, mapped, and probed continually for years. People fly over it, takes tours there, and there is a ton of video and photographic evidence of such activity.

So how many people have actually touched the dome or photographed the actual dome structure? I think I saw one video that had supposed proof of the dome being visible behind the clouds. But to the trained eye, it clearly was grain from the camera film or could have been the result of changing the hue too much in the video to highlight features. The colour was off, so I suspect it was the latter.

How is this even a debate?

Once we can admit the Antarctica is a continent, then we can seriously look into other claims. But if the FE theory relies on Antarctica being an ice wall surrounding the flat disk, then the theory falls flat and is a nonstarter.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Mike,

Can you see the kingdom yet?

It is less about flesh and more about the Spirit.

Lightenup
    Participant

I believe that American Astronauts have indeed landed on the moon…and I honor their courage.

Here is a testimony from Charlie Duke about his faith. He is one of the astronauts that has walked on the moon.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Mike,

Jesus was the great prophet that Moses and Peter spoke about.

’For no prophecy was ever made by an act of human will, but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God’ 2 Peter 1.21

Of course he was more than a prophet being fully blessed in all the gifts of the Spirit.

Dig4truth
    Participant

Hey t8, did you see the vid I posted on the last page? It has a NASA Goddard ex-employee who’s job it was to collect data to map Antartica. Just watch the first 12-15 minutes. The data is still not there! It has not been mapped. The other ex-NASA employee said that she was told that the earth was a plane (flat). Let me know what you think. Blessings.

david
    Participant

I haven’t don’t this but if you have binoculars and are near a lake or oceon anywhere on the planet, supposedly you need only watch a boat and the further it gets away, you don’t just see it getting smaller as you would on a flat surface but see the bottom of the boat disappearing as it gets further away.  Almost as if it suggest it is on a curved surface.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Correct Nick, and yet he said that we wouls greater works then he did,

John 14:12….Verly, verly, I say you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he “ALSO DO”; and “Greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto the my Father verse, 13, and whatsoever you shall ask in my name, that will I do, (WHY)?, THAT THE (FATHER) may be glorified in or through, the son.

All who have tbe comforter abiding “in” them understand this.

Peace and love to you and yours. …..gene

Lightenup
    Participant

Hi Dig4truth,

Would you mind giving me your response to the Charlie Duke testimony video that I just posted after you have watched it? It is less than 3 minutes. I’m trying to find the shorter ones since the 4 hour video of scientific information with three astronomers and a lunar eclipse seems to be not worth your time. May I mention that it is a video with a pause feature. It can be seen bits at a time 😉 It seems that you are seriously wanting to learn, I think it may have info to help.

Blessings,

LU

Dig4truth
    Participant

Hey David, this short 4 minute video will explain why the bottom disappears and why it looks like it is going down over a horizon. Remember, that this is a known, testable and repeatable example of science. If we make conclusions without taking this into consideration then our result will not be accurate.

Enjoy!

Dig4truth
    Participant

Hey David, if you watch the last few minutes of this video (start about 10:30) you will add a lot to the previous video.

Much of of the same information in this vid but if you are really seeking the truth it would be worth watching the whole thing.

This is again made by Rob Skiba. He is doing his best to uphold Scripture and true science. Blessings.

Anthony
    Participant

Mike did you try to read the message that I sent

Anthony
    Participant

Mike     Galileo was a scientist who believed in the trustworthiness of the Bible and sought to show that the Copernican (heliocentric) system was compatible with itHe was fighting against the contemporary principles of Bible interpretation which, blinded by Aristotelian philosophy, did not do justice to the biblical textGalileo was not blamed for criticising the Bible but for disobeying papal orders. Today, most creation scientists read the Bible differently from the contemporary school of biblical interpretation, i.ehigher criticism, and therefore are criticised by the liberal theological establishment and by natural scientists.

Lightenup
    Participant

Mike,

Regarding your wet flag theory, the flag does not have a normal drying pattern if it were wet. The seams would be darker because they would be thicker and stay wetter than the thin area between the seams but that is not what the picture is showing. I suspect that the photo shopping done on pictures are likely done by flat earthers including the so called wet flag. I believe that the moon and the sun can be both seen at times during the day because of the angle of the orbit of the moon, I have no problem with that.

Do you think that flat earthers are above doctoring their videos and pictures to make it look different than reality?

Anthony
    Participant

Mike come on now Rob Skiba do you know that he said:

“no wild beasts are so hostile to men as Christians” come on please. God bless I’ll be praying for you God bless. In Him Anthony

Viewing 20 posts - 1,141 through 1,160 (of 6,407 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account