Flat Earth?

This topic contains 2,434 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  Dig4truth 1 day, 2 hours ago.

• Author
     t8 
    Participant
    • Topics started 895
    • Total replies 18,419

Of course the Son was existing with God when the work of His begetting took place from God, His Father. Where else would He be but right there within Him?

We also are born again and we were born of our parents physically. Yes, all comes from God originally though, the cosmos included. He is the Father of all spirits. Yes, he is before all things.

Now back the Flat Earth that doesn’t exist.

t8 
    Participant
    • Topics started 895
    • Total replies 18,419

The Southern Cross debunks the Flat Earth

The Southern Cross appears on the flag of at least five nations including Australia and New Zealand. In New Zealand we see the Southern Cross all year round, the same is true for almost anywhere in Australia, the southern region of South America, and the southern tip of Africa. This proves a globe earth.

Take a look at the following map and explain how the Southern Cross is visible in both Australia and South America at the same time  and yet not in North America.

Same goes for New Zealand and Africa as well as Australia and Africa which both see the Southern Cross at the same time, yet somehow not Europe or the Middle East even though they lie directly between.

Explain that using the Flat Earth model. The globe earth doesn’t need to explain it as it is apparent.  I have the feeling that Flat Earthers are mostly from the Northern Hemisphere and perhaps have little understanding what the world is like below the equator.

Flat Earth

Dig4truth 
    Participant
    • Topics started 0
    • Total replies 381

T8: Gravity vs air resistance

And what about the outside of the car or plane? The outside of the plane or car is the outside of the earth and atmosphere is the point I think. The atmosphere is being influenced by the earth’s gravity like the air inside the car is influenced by the local conditions inside the car, not outside the car. If you stick your hand out the window, that would be like sticking a space elevator up from the Earth and outside a certain point in the atmosphere where the top of the elevator is whizzing through space or the upper end of the atmosphere at least which is being influenced less by gravity.

1,000 mph headwind. Now imagine an airplane flying with a 1,000 mph tailwind. My quick answer to that for what it is worth is yes there is a difference here. Air resistance makes a difference. A tail wind means you use less fuel to go forward. I imagine a glider could gain ground for a while without spending any fuel. while a head wind requires more energy to travel the same speed. However, the latter also helps you gain height. My quick guess is that the higher you go, the less resistance as far as air pressure goes. I imagine that you cannot exactly compare air resistance to gravity or even magnetism if you want to think of it like that (ignoring the metallic requirement). Gravity provides the conditions similar to throwing a ball inside a moving car vs air resistance which is like throwing the same ball on a moving bike.”

I would have to say that the inside of the plane or car is NOT like the outside of the plane or car. The outside of the plane or car (demonstrated by placing your hand outside the window when going at high speed – (don’t try this on a plane) is not what’s going on inside the car or plane. These are inclosed spaces. The earth is not.

A headwind vs a tailwind are opposites. To suggest that they have no influence on the flight of a plane is not reasonable. (Influences on the outside of an object.)

If the earth is rotating, whether the atmosphere is moving with it or not, that motion would necessarily produce a different outcome from two planes flying in opposition or with the “rotation”. Near the equator it would be a huge difference!

Think of the assumptions you are making solely based on scientism and not empirical evidence. Empirical evidence has shown that the earth is not rotating. (see Michelson-Morely experiment, Airey’s failure, The Sagnac experiment, etc.) In fact Einstein had to invent some “scientism” to discount these empherical tests to save Copernicus’ theory. That’s an historical fact.

t8 
    Participant
    • Topics started 895
    • Total replies 18,419

I would have to say that the inside of the plane or car is NOT like the outside of the plane or car. The outside of the plane or car (demonstrated by placing your hand outside the window when going at high speed – (don’t try this on a plane) is not what’s going on inside the car or plane. These are inclosed spaces. The earth is not.

Imagine the car is 100 km in length and travelling at a speed of 100 km/h. Inside this car is a 100 km road and you are sitting in a normal size car on that road inside the big car. You are driving the normal size car at 50 km/h, so does your speedometer read 50 km/h or 150 km/h? It reads 50 km/h and the ball you are throwing up and down inside your normal size car feels as if it is stationary. However, you wind the window down and you see the car is experiencing air resistance. But do you notice that the bigger car is also moving at 100 km/h? No you don’t. Unless you decide to vacate your smaller car and go to the window in the big 100km car and stick you hand out.

And yes, the earth is enclosed in an atmosphere relative to space outside of it. Perhaps that is the firmament.

t8 
    Participant
    • Topics started 895
    • Total replies 18,419

A headwind vs a tailwind are opposites. To suggest that they have no influence on the flight of a plane is not reasonable. (Influences on the outside of an object.)

I didn’t suggest that. In fact the opposite.

Dig4truth 
    Participant
    • Topics started 0
    • Total replies 381

Lightenup: “The unformed and void heaven and earth and day and night were created on day one. Light was brought”

I agree, although the firmament (heavens) were not spread out until the second day.

Lightenup 
    Participant
    • Topics started 63
    • Total replies 10,307

Did4truth,

If you are going to quote me in the future, please quote the complete thought word for word so there is no confusion.  I’m not normally so particular but with this about the Light of day one, I am.

My words:

The unformed and void heaven and earth and day and night were created on day one. Light was brought forth on day one, not created. The created lights came on day 4.

The way you quoted me:

Lightenup: “The unformed and void heaven and earth and day and night were created on day one. Light was brought”

you said:

I agree, although the firmament (heavens) were not spread out until the second day.

The heavens in some manner were there on day one but not spread out until day two. The heavens were being developed over several days it seems.

Do you also agree that those that dwell in heaven were created after the heaven was prepared, i.e. the angels?

Lightenup 
    Participant
    • Topics started 63
    • Total replies 10,307

t8,

What that light is on day one is very relevant to this topic. Wouldn’t you agree since the topic is largely about what makes a day actually an evening and a morning, and what revolves around what, etc.?

Dig4truth 
    Participant
    • Topics started 0
    • Total replies 381

Lightenup, I totally meant to quote you correctly. But as the iPad and Internet would have it, it didn’t come out that way. I would never try to intentionally misquote you.

Having said that, I believe my point is valid but just a small point to be added to your post.

I can copy and paste the entire post sometimes and it doesn’t “copy” the entire thing. Very annoying and I’ll try to be as gracious as you are in pointing it out if it should happen to me. Thanks for the correction.

Admin 
    Keymaster
    • Topics started 91
    • Total replies 1,271

Hi Dig4Truth.

If you want to copy a whole post including images, select all and copy, then paste it in to your reply in Visual Mode. If you paste in Text mode, you will paste all the text only. Sometimes this is what you want.

There is also a Paste as Text button on the toolbar. That means you can remain in Visual Mode and not copy code and images and stuff, just the text. If you cannot see that button, go to your toolbar and click on Toolbar Toggle and you will see a second row of buttons.

To wrap up today’s lesson, Visual Mode can paste in all the HTML code, while Text Mode will paste in text only.

Dig4truth 
    Participant
    • Topics started 0
    • Total replies 381

Lightenup: “Do you also agree that those that dwell in heaven were created after the heaven was prepared, i.e. the angels?”

You know that’s a great question and one that I have thought about before. My answer is I don’t know but I do wonder about it.

I believe it goes somewhat to the nature of God. In His eternal existence at some point He had to create or allow the created angels to share His environment. The third heaven may or may not have been created during creation week. The other heaven or heavens were.

Admin 
    Keymaster
    • Topics started 91
    • Total replies 1,271

What that light is on day one is very relevant to this topic. Wouldn’t you agree since the topic is largely about what makes a day actually an evening and a morning, and what revolves around what, etc.?

I agree. This is part of the larger topic. 🙂

Dig4truth 
    Participant
    • Topics started 0
    • Total replies 381

Thanks admin, if it gets to be an issue I’ll have to try that. I’m usually pretty careful trying to proofread the copied section to make sure I have it right but once in a while… stuff happens.

I was getting a warning message that would not allow me to post last night and earlier today. I opened up a new window to try that but it did the same thing. Eventually it allowed me to post but I have no idea what that was about.

Admin 
    Keymaster
    • Topics started 91
    • Total replies 1,271

Weird. I wonder if you could screen capture that next time, so I can look into it. That is not familiar in my experience. And no problem about the quote thing, Dig4Truth, I feel like you are a pretty honest person.

Dig4truth 
    Participant
    • Topics started 0
    • Total replies 381

T8, how do you have a headwind and a tailwind in an atmosphere that is moving in one direction only?

Viewing 15 posts - 841 through 855 (of 2,435 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2018 Heaven Net

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account