Mikeboll’s belief in a flat world

Viewing 20 posts - 1,021 through 1,040 (of 6,405 total)
  • Author
    Anthony
    Participant
    • Hi ALL: A time of great deception will occur on earth just before the Second Advent of Christ. It will be a time when the flat earther’s ( The Church of night and day on the fourth day) will give up and the body of Christ will teach them. God bless
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Ed,

So LIGHT and the DAY were created before the two great lights.

Did you think the DAY needed the two lights created first?

Ed J
    Participant

You cannot use one verse to dogmatically snuff out another verse

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Ed,

So LIGHT and the DAY were created before the two great lights.

Did you think the DAY needed the two lights created first?

Nick,

you’re not making sense

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Ed,

Revelation is Spiritual.

It does not have to make logical sense.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

These guys fully understand the creation of God.

They know more than Newton and Einstein and all other observers of nature.

Prov 3.5

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding.

In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.

Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and turn away from evil.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Mike, you are right. New Zealand is being left off the world maps. Maybe we don’t even exist? Lots of questions.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Hi Mike, NO

“And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day” (Gen 1:16)

The light he called “Day” happened on DAY 1 Mike…

“And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night.
    And the evening and the morning were the first day.” (Gen 1:5)

That is my view too. On day 4, they appeared in the firmament (atmosphere). God made the heavens on day 1. What are the heavens if it doesn’t include stars. They appeared in the firmament on day 4. And grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind on day 3 without the sun? I believe the sun was there on day 1 as it says:

And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

Proclaimer
    Participant

The worse outcome I can see from the Flat Earth theory is some people will abandon the Bible as a book of authority and truth. If we force people to believe that the Bible teaches a Flat Earth (which it doesn’t) people will then have a choice of supporting scripture or believing in the existence of the Antarctic continent, a much bigger Southern Ocean, no real satelites, no space programs and rocket launches into the upper atmosphere, fake composites of Earth, etc. In short, to believe the Bible would become a belief in a conspiracy so big and elaborate that it denies all sense and logic.

Of course, if we can read scripture for what is actually says, you will see that there are lots of gaps and we cannot rule anything out. We have a general guide and that can easily fit into today’s age of increased knowledge. Of course not all science is truth and not all interpretations of scripture are truth. We need wisdom to not force conflicts that are not real. We shouldn’t be so narrow minded as to become fools by denying the obvious.

Miia
    Participant

I think people are mistaken to think this topic is a waste of time. Personally, I find it interesting, and it has become a topic of discussion in our family. I know people attempt to hide the true God by either blaspheming his character or wiping God out if schools altogether and teaching evolution. So why should we trust man? God said cursed is he who follows man and not God, and makes flesh his strength. I have always believed in a stationary earth with the sun and moon revolving around it and the stars in the heaven as lights for the earth, just like God said. A flat earth is not something I can easily believe. But then again, we have been programmed to believe in a round earth from a young age. And what of gravity? Isn’t it strange that gravity can hold the oceans from spilling off an “upside down” planet yet not a butterfly? And then there’s the “up and down” question. I believe there’s a definite up and down, with God’s throne up above us. Anyway, there’s so much more I can say but I’m still on my phone and the keyboard makes too many typos, and then I get interrupted and lose my track of thought! So it’s in my head, but hard to put down coherently, lol. So, I’ll read.

Dig4truth
    Participant

Mike: “But if space is a “fabric”, then it has friction. And if it has friction, then the balls rolling around the sunken ball in the middle will lose steam, and roll into the big ball at the bottom of the cone. I don’t know what T8 means by “the small objects own gravitational force that stops that” . It sounds as if he’s using gravity as a force by which the balls repel each other, instead of attracting each other. Perhaps he’ll explain later on.

Also, look at the image above. What if an object was flying through space from the bottom to the top? Would it have to rip through the “fabric” that the sun is squishing into a cone? Do all suns and planets have their own little sheet of fabric they can deform into cones by means of their mass? Or is the entire universe one huge 2-dimensional sheet of fabric, with all the objects of mass making their own dents in it wherever they are in space?

What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive.”

Mike, I never thought of that before. But if this fabric exists it must have height, depth and length. So describing it as a “sheet” is disingenuous, but it makes for great illustrations.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Mike….you talk out of both sides of you mouth, you say No Gene God raised Jesus from the dead, but out of the other side you said Jesus is speaking when he said , destroy his temple and in three days (I) shall raise it up.

Now who is the (I) mentioned there that was going to raise the destroyed temple, and why would let Jesus even call his oun body a temple in the first place? Again is it God, or Jesus speaking? You said God raised Jesus, so again I ask who was the (I) that was speaking. Was it God the Father who scripture say raised him speaking, through the mouth of the man Jesus, or was it Jesus speaking of what he himself would do?

Dig4truth….why have you not yet admitted you were “wrong” about who raised Jesus, if you can,t admit errors then how could you admit error about this Flat Earth garbage?

Peace and love to you and yours……..gene

Proclaimer
    Participant

Why the moon doesn’t come crashing down to Earth even though Earth is pulling on the moon

If my bucket of water, tennis ball, and ping pong ball example didn’t have an impact on you Mike, then try this. It is already visualised for you.

And why doesn’t the moon hit the Earth if Earth is tugging on it constantly? It turns out that speed and mass is the answer. If you throw a stone into the air, it will go up and will succumb to gravity and fall back down. But if you shoot a bullet from a gun, it will travel in a near straight line but eventually curve and crash to the ground. But if you send a rocket at a speed at the right distance, it will travel in the straight line and when it succumbs to gravity it will curve too.

But here is the secret. The curve that it falls matches the curvature of the Earth. So it is falling toward the Earth, but never hits the ground due to the curves being the same. Parallel curves if you want to think of it like that. So the mass and speed have to be right.

Given the moon’s speed, if it slowed down it would hit the earth because its curve would be more steep and the curve would intersect the earth. If it sped up, it would escape Earth’s gravity. The latter is what NASA does to get more speed to propel spacecraft through space. They aim them for planets at a too fast speed and they fling off at a faster speed due to gravity. It is called ‘gravity assist’ or ‘gravitational slingshot’. Newton’s math is how this is worked out.

So, if the speed is just right for the size of the object, it will move and eventually curve toward the planet due to gravity and if that curve matches the curvature of the earth, then the satellite or moon won’t crash to the Earth.

Dig4truth
    Participant

Hey T8, why did the moon keep crashing into the earth in that video? Wasn’t it the point to explain why it didn’t?

This point was made previously but I don’t think it was addressed and certainly not answered.

If if we have earth here, with the distance of the gravational effect noted:

(E)………………..)  extent of gravitational pull – not to scale

And the moon with the smaller mass and gravational field here:

(M)…..)   extent of gravitational pull – not to scale

We can begin to see the problem. If the moon is close enough to effect earth it must necessarily be well within the stronger gravational pull of the earth to do so.

To put them at their distances which would be necessary for the moon to have an effect on the earth will illustrate the problem.

(E)…..(M)…………) 

Can you see the problem? The moon would be well within the strongest part of earth’s gravitational influence. And yet it is moving AWAY from the earth!

The moon is not bigger than the Earth as it has a diameter of approximately 2,159 square miles, which is about one-quarter of the size of Earth. In addition to being smaller than the Earth, the moon is much lighter. It weighs approximately 80 times less than Earth, but what it lacks in density, the moon makes up for in luminosity.

Since the moon is much smaller, aprox 1/4 the size, and much lighter (less mass – 80 times less), how then does it maintain its distance? Finally, a question that can’t be answered by “gravity”!

Dig4truth
    Participant

The gravity of the Earth and Moon are shown below.
    Earth: 9.780327 m/s2 or 0.99732 g
    Moon: 1.622 m/s2 or 0.1654 g

So the Moon has about 1/6th the gravity of the Earth
    So if you weighed 100lb on Earth you would weigh 16.6lb on the Moon.

http://www.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_gravity_of_the_moon_compared_to_the_earth

So so to put this more in scale we would end up with this:

(E)………………………………)

(M)……)

Or together:

(E)……(M)…………………….)

Does this seem plausible? Remember that this is the most distance that the moon could be, it would more than likely need to be much closer to effect the ocean tides.

Anthony
    Participant

Hi Mike: Scripture’s for the day. 2 Tim.3:15- 17

15 and because from a babe the Holy Writings thou hast known, which are able to make thee wise — to salvation, through faith that [is] in Christ Jesus;

16 every Writing [is] God-breathed, and profitable for teaching, for conviction, for setting aright, for instruction that [is] in righteousness,

• 17 that the man of God may be fitted — for every good work having been completed. 2 Peter 3:15-16 

15 and the long-suffering of our Lord count ye salvation, according as also our beloved brother Paul — according to the wisdom given to him — did write to you,

16 as also in all the epistles, speaking in them concerning these things, among which things are certain hard to be understood, which the untaught and unstable do wrest, as also the other Writings, unto their own destruction.  john5:39-40 

39 `Ye search the Writings, because ye think in them to have life age-during, and these are they that are testifying concerning me;

40 and ye do not will to come unto me, that ye may have life;

mikeboll64
    Blocked

D4T: The human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure ‘Victorian fictions’. Only egotism exists.

The world is a pretty big place, but when you compare it to the rest of the universe you realise just how insignificant you are.

Earth orbits one of the hundreds of billions of stars in our galaxy, which in turn is one of hundreds of billions in the observable universe. This apparent insignificance fits with the Copernican principle that our planet is not the center of the cosmos but simply a mediocre member of a mediocre solar system.

Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people.

Hey D, who’s quote is that?  Got to be some Brit or down under bloke, because they spelled “realize” wrong.  🙂  But you didn’t include attribution for that bleak, godless picture painted by the heliocentric model.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Mike ,…where do you get the idea gyros prove the earth is flat at. They prove np such thing, what they only prove is that they resist change to what they are attached to. Not up or down change but only change to the direction they are spinning. That is why they can be used for navigation. Because they resist the change Rather to left to right on a 360 degree plain and tend to go in a straight line toward there spinning plain.

And as far as the terms, left to right or up to down goes they are Relitive terms, and can be applied any wher at Any time to any thing, but they are alway Relitive to the time and conditions they are being applied to.

As far as the ship you show growing cross ways across the horizon in a latituditional line instead of a longitudinal line that has nothing to do with proving the earth isn’t round. If a ship travels on a longitudinal line away from a person on shore it will drop over the horizon at exactly as the mathematical formulas says, it will drop over the horizon feet or inches per mile, if it is moving longitudinally straight out from you. This has been proven thousands of times, and shouldn’t be and problem for anyone, that is any honest person to prove for themselves.

And to completely ignore thousands if not millions of ISS, and satellite pictures sent it earth every single day, as well as hundreds of actual astronauts who have actually experienced seeing it themselves, and trying to say it somekind of giant conspiracy theory, man you have got to be somekind of WACK JOB. If you can’t comprehend these simple truths, how could you ever expect us to believe you understand scriptural truths.

And please don’t turn around what I say as you did about the God raising Jesus thing, I never said anyone else raised Jesus from the dead but God the Father himself, the one who said that was you co-hart Dig4truth, not me.

You two seem to be in the same boat and that boat is sinking, better bail while you can. IMO

Peace and love to you and yours……..gene

Dig4truth
    Participant

Hey Anthony, how many Christians do you think could share the Gospel today by just using the Tanach?

II Tim 3:15 and that from childhood you have known the sacred writings which are able to give you the wisdom that leads to salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

I would suggest it would be difficult because we have lost most of our “Hebraic understanding”. All they had in the beginning was the Tanach (OT). Maybe we should practice that in case we have the opportunity to share with a Jewish person. Just a thought. Here are 2 great places to begin: Isa 53, Psalm 22.

John 4:22 You worship what you do not know; we worship what we know, for salvation is from the Jews.

Acts 13:26-27 Brethren, sons of Abraham’s family, and those among you who fear God, to us the message of this salvation has been sent. 27 For those who live in Jerusalem, and their rulers, recognizing neither Him nor the utterances of the prophets which are read every Sabbath, fulfilled these by condemning Him.

Acts 13:47 For so the Lord has commanded us, ‘I have placed You as a light for the Gentiles, That You may bring salvation to the end of the earth.’”

Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.

Certainly to say that Israel had a pivotal role in God’s Salvation would be an understatement.  Nevertheless, Salvation has come to the Gentiles. God is great!

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Nick:  Hi Dig4,

Scripture uses the word PILLAR usually metaphorically in relationship to human leaders…

Scripture also uses the word literally, right? (ie: 1 Kings 7:15-22) In fact, as with every word, the default meaning is always the literal one – unless it is made clear from context that the word is being used metaphorically, right?  There is no such context in any scripture concerning the pillars upon which God fixed the earth.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,021 through 1,040 (of 6,405 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account