Mikeboll’s belief in a flat world

Viewing 20 posts - 481 through 500 (of 6,405 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Dig4,

The theory of evolution is contrary to the teaching of scripture.

Unbelievers had to deny the reality of God so gratefully followed Darwin.

The fact that they got it wrong, however, does not justify the flat earth nonsense.

Just another variation on the love of deception by men.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Dig4truth…..Most scientest today, after the descovery of DMA MAPPING, KNOW THE ODDS ARE TO GREAT FOR EVELUTION TO HAVE OCCURED. DARWIN’S THEORY HAS BEEN PRETTY MUCH THROWN OUT THE WINDOW, while NO “PROOF” HAS BEEN FOUND THAT DISPROVES CREATION, BUT TONS OF PROOF HAVE BEEN FOUND and ARE AVAILABLE THAT PROVES THE EARTH IS INDEED ROUND. You don’t even need faith to believe that, tons of proof is available. THE MORE WE LEARN ABOUT OUR EARTH,MOON, STARS, GALAXIES AS WELL AS CREATION itself the clear it all gets. KNOWLEDGE HAS INDEED INCREASED, and theres probably a lot more to come. But going down rabbit holes only detracts of from what is truly important.

I agree with Nick on this FE NONSENSE.

Peace and love to you and yours. …….gene

Dig4truth
    Participant

But Gene, it is the same scientists that are telling you that what the Bible says about the earth and our universe is not true.

I’m glad that you do not subscribe to evolution but evolution does include the earth and universe and that is what is being taught now.

You do realize that the majority of scientists believes in evolution. So it is Ok to go against the cultural trend in scientism with the greater truth of Scripture.

That is what myself and a growing number of truth seekers are doing. It’s fine if you’re not there yet. Perhaps you could take the advice of Gamaliel; “I say to you, stay away from these men and let them alone, for if this plan or action is of men, it will be overthrown; but if it is of God, you will not be able to overthrow them; or else you may even be found fighting against God.”

Dig4truth
    Participant

Nick: “The theory of evolution is contrary to the teaching of scripture. Unbelievers had to deny the reality of God so gratefully followed Darwin. The fact that they got it wrong, however, does not justify the flat earth nonsense. Just another variation on the love of deception by men.”

The teaching of the evolution of the universe is also against Scripture. The Bible says that the earth was created before the sun. It says that the stars were created after the sun. It also says that the earth has a firmament.

Do the scientists that you are listening to believe in the evolution of the universe or the Bible?

There is a deception here, the question is who is perpetrating it; secular scientists or the Bible?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Mike said:

Are they suggesting that a flower doesn’t actually exist unless someone happens to be looking at it?

Imagine a flower on your TV set. Yes it exists in the context of the world on your TV screen, but is that flower real so that the flower flies through the atmosphere and appears on the screen or is it a wave signal that the TV converts into a flower.

Reality appears like that. When you are not observing protons or electrons, they are waves. When you observe, they are particles or real pixels. Thus, one way of interpreting these experiments is consciousness plays a big part in reality or at least the physical realm. And it stands to reason that this is the case, because we know that our brains use neural signals to create the picture and experience when we know as the universe which we know to be a realm of wave signals from an almost infinite or infinite range of frequencies.

Reality is subjective then. The brain gives us experience of a flat earth when we walk down the street, but we experience a different perspective in space. Just as a video game or a virtual world would do.

If the universe has a fundamental particle, then the physical world is made up of pixels too. In other words the universe is a digital construct, and by implication, it was programmed and that means there was a programmer. It might have been Newton who said: God made the universe with mathematics. It appears real enough to us, but how does it look from the one who made it. Surely to God, it is a product made from his own hands and he exists outside of it observing it, while experiencing it via his spirit which can pervade his own creation. He can see the construct just as I can see the code of this site and observe the server it sits on.

Dig4truth
    Participant

t8, it sounds a little bit like, “if a tree falls in the forest and there is no one to hear it does it make a sound?”. Whenever I hear this kind of mumbo-jumbo I always ask them “what is the sound of one hand clapping”? Then I illustrate it by smacking them across the cheek!  ;  )

I’ve always wondered how they know what anything does when it is not observed.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Dig4truth. Science is revealing a way more complex reality than the world view held in antiquity. The more we learn the more reasons we see the amazing handiwork of an eternal creator. Of course, some will ignore God regardless. Even DNA code shows his handiwork. No surprises. Satan believes in God and rebelled. So what of man who hasn’t seen him. They are without excuse. The more we learn about creation, the more it reveals an eternal God.

Proclaimer
    Participant

t8, it sounds a little bit like, “if a tree falls in the forest and there is no one to hear it does it make a sound?”. Whenever I hear this kind of mumbo-jumbo I always ask them “what is the sound of one hand clapping”? Then I illustrate it by smacking them across the cheek! ; )

Not mumbo jumbo because it fits basic observable facts. Take your eyes for example, they receive visible light rays which is but a tiny part of the whole spectrum. They are converted to electromagnetic radiation in the brain which are between 10-100 cycles per second (approx). The brain processes this data to create the visual effect of reality. Of course that is one sense. All senses combined input the total data to be processed which results in our physical world experience. So the processing of all signals of the physical realm take place in your computer which we call a brain.

It works like a camera, a TV, or a wireless Internet. Do you believe web pages exist? What if I told you they are merely data packets and it is your phone or computer with browser that processes that data to create the web page simulation as you know it. In other words, web pages don’t actually exist outside of the computer only raw data does. Reality works like that and it proves God’s existence, just as experiencing TV, photos, and the Web also proves they were created. Web pages are a product of a browser rather than web pages existing in themselves outside of a computer and observer. Do you think that Heaven Net exists as you know it outside of a browser of some kind? And even when you use a browser, your experience of it is different to mine. You might be on an iPhone and me on a Windows laptop. We visited different pages at different times.Your experience of it is not the only one. Point being, the universe is all data and we only receive a small fraction of it. Each day we receive more data and collectively, we make predictions and fill in our understanding of the universe from our own small experience of it.

What we can conclude is consciousness is not a product of the universe as Atheists have argued all along, rather the universe is a product of consciousness. Boom, science is pointing back to a creator and Dawkins and the like have no answer to this. Atheists have way more reasons to not believe in a God if the physical universe is but a simple flat earth disk. There is way more chance that could happen without a creator than the current universe that we understand. And the universe is so mathematically wired that if it were off by the smallest of margins, it could not exist.

This deviation on topic does relate to the flat earth debate because reality is subjective and always slightly different to radically different depending on parameters of the observer. My ultimate point is, you cannot rule out scientific data just because you observe one thing and it doesn’t match your experience. There is a whole lot of data outside what your brain is processing including experience from other humans who claim to have been in space and mathematicians and astronomers who dedicate way more time on such things than you and I.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

T8:  The Earth easily wins the gravitational tug of war. The moon still has an influence and the fact that there are different tides depending on where the moon is backs up this up.

1.  According to the theory of gravity, the earth would indeed win the tug of war, and the moon would have come crashing to the earth in no time.
    2.   Tides occur with no relation to the position of the moon.
    3.   Only oceans have tides.  If the moon were really what causes them, lakes, rivers, marshes, and even swimming pools would have tides.
    Proclaimer
    Participant

It isn’t hard t understand that everything on Earth is attracted to the centre of the Earth while a big object like the moon passing close would cause a disturbance or tug a bit harder than when it is further away.

An elephant has more mass than I do, so when it jumps of a three foot platform, gravity influences it more than if I jumped off that same platform. I would come out unscathed while the elephant would need to be rushed to elephant hospital.

Proclaimer
    Participant

The Flat Webpage Society

Webpages appears as two dimensional pages, but some smart arse programmers and mathematicians say that webpages are data packets that travel wirelessly through the atmosphere and are received by browsers in phones and computers to appear as two dimensional digital pages. Who are these guys kidding. We should just trust our own observation right.  Some mathematicians imagine that these pages are actually data and code stored on a machine they call a server and look nothing like what we observe with our own browsers. I mean, I trust my browser more than these IT morons. What do you think?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

T8:  The ISS is technically still within the atmosphere (in a layer called the thermosphere), but the air is so rarefied at that altitude that it is for all practical purposes a vacuum.

Temperatures in the upper thermosphere can range from about 500° C (932° F) to 2,000° C (3,632° F) or higher.  Aluminum melts at 660.3°C (1,221°F).  Anyone else seeing a problem here?  And what about those space suits?  They can withstand 2,000° C (3,632° F)?  They’re laughing at us, as these “photos” of Pluto and Saturn’s moon Mimas make clear…

T8: So now we have what is possibly a correct difference in pressure. It seems obvious to me at least that the ISS is built to withstand that force. Car tyres for example withstand higher pressure than this, so if there are billions of inflated tyres in the world, then why couldn’t we build the ISS to withstand a much less pressure difference?

Car tires exist in a 14.7 psi environment.  Take them to space and they would balloon up and then explode.  Here’s an aluminum soda can in a very small vacuum chamber… which reaches 17 orders of magnitude less than the alleged vacuum in space.

Perhaps our local math expert can explain what 17 orders of magnitude difference amount to in plain English.  Suffice it to say that we’ve all seen the video of a comparatively tiny vacuum on earth crush a railway car made of thick, heavy steel.  The ISS needs to be made of something 17 orders of magnitude stronger than that railway car.

And we haven’t even taken into account the millions of micrometeoroids supposedly whipping around all over up there at speeds of 10 kilometers per second (22,500 mph)!  A single one hitting the ISS (let alone someone on a space walk) would obliterate it.  And it’s been up there for 20 years with no problems?  There is so much more to say about this, but time will not permit.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Now imagine a virtual world where AI exists. To them, their virtual world is real, but to the creator it is a virtual construct. If I being the creator of that virtual world talked about that world to the created AI, that in no way negates that the virtual world is actually way more complex than their limited experience of it. The creator would certainly talk about that world in the AI’s language and from their experience just as God does to us. But if one of the AIs worked out that it was actually a simulation and worked out the code that makes it work, then that would not negate any revelation the creator gave to the AI about the world they experience because it would be from their perspective and why would the creator want the AI to know everything about the server and processor.  While other AI may think the AI that worked out mathematically the simulation as crazy, it doesn’t mean that it is not true. Perhaps as the virtual world is modernised by the AI, this crazy notion of being digital will become mainstream when they can test the idea when they are technologically advanced enough to do so.

Dig4truth
    Participant

But t8, mathematics says that a sphere with a circumference of our earth would curve at 8″ per mile squared. However, that is not what is observed. It is testable and repeatable. Unless math can take on the esoteric properties that you’ve been talking about then it seems pretty cut and dry. This is true even when you take into account all the possible influences on our perception like refraction, height of observer, etc.

Remember the photo of the Chicago skyline that the weatherman said was a mirage? Well, one FE guy chartered a boat and sailed across the lake with the skyline in view the whole time. It is on video so you see it for yourself. Guess what – it wasn’t a mirage even though the weatherman said that you could not see the skyline from that distance without it being a mirage.

There are more examples of testable repeatable experiments that contradict the globe earth theory. Some are even historical. These are not esoteric things that can be waved off by suggesting that what one person “senses” might not be what another person senses. Hence, the “testable and repeatable” part.

I can appreciate that you are trying to come to terms with some evidence that is starting to get uncomfortable. I’ve been there. Take the slow roll, think about things, do some research and use your God given senses to help along the way. If we don’t see eye to eye that’s Ok. As others have pointed out there are more important things in life than to gain more knowledge. Gain more love and faith, now there is something that will always benefit us!

mikeboll64
    Blocked

T8:  …they would have to blast a concentrated jet of material down through the soil and have it push the soil up from underneath. 

That’s an idiotic claim.

T8:  In a vacuum, rocket exhaust expands perpendicular to thrust much faster then in an atmosphere.

Rockets can’t work in a vacuum at all, because there is nothing to push against – so this entire thing is moot.

T8: The LEM descent engine only had 10,000 pounds of thrust at full power and was only running at abut 20% of that during the last moments of descent.

They try to make it sound as if 2000 pounds of thrust is a gentle breeze.  🙂  Anyway, you can see all the dust flying everywhere in the official NASA footage…

… so it is impossible that not one speck of it landed on the gold mylar feet of the lander.

T8:  The engine was cut off early to minimize soil disturbance and prevent debris from bouncing up and causing damage, and the LEM fell the last few feet.

The footage above starts at more than 50 feet above the surface, so it’s clear that cutting the engines for “the last few feet” didn’t eliminate dust.  T8, you will be able to find an “answer” to everything D4T and I bring up here.  You will have to use your own discernment to decide whether these official-sounding answers actually make any sense.

Dig4truth
    Participant

t8: “Now imagine a virtual world where AI exists. To them, their virtual world is real, but to the creator it is a virtual construct. If I being the creator of that virtual world talked about that world to the created AI, that in no way negates that the virtual world is actually way more complex than their limited experience of it. The creator would certainly talk about that world in the AI’s language and from their experience just as God does to us. But if one of the AIs worked out that it was actually a simulation and worked out the code that makes it work, then that would not negate any revelation the creator gave to the AI about the world they experience because it would be from their perspective and why would the creator want the AI to know everything about the server and processor. While other AI may think the AI that worked out mathematically the simulation as crazy, it doesn’t mean that it is not true. Perhaps as the virtual world is modernised by the AI, this crazy notion of being digital will become mainstream when they can test the idea when they are technologically advanced enough to do so.”

Yes, but God cannot lie. He has told us certain things about the earth, sun, moon and stars that contradict what the “science” of today is trying to tell us. No one is arguing that God knows more than us and that He has revealed this knowledge to us in a way that we can understand. But if He says the earth was created before the sun then it cannot be the other way around.

Science says many things that are against Scripture; sun before earth, no global flood, man was not created but evolved, etc.

We don’t seem to have a problem rejecting these claims but the same scientists tells us that our universe has evolved from an explosion and they have all the data and pictures to prove it – and somehow it is a heresy to question them? Hmm.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

T8:  In your video Mike you say where was the third well that Eratosthenes end up finding for his experiments. I didn’t think Neil was saying he used 3 wells, but that 3 wells gives the proof.

You misunderstood the video.  It was meant to point out that in 1980, the most famous scientist of the day, Carl Sagan, told the Eratosthenes story on his series Cosmos, and millions of people believed him when he said the ONLY way it would work is on a ball earth.  Flash forward 38 years, and we’ve got today’s most famous scientist, Neil DeGrasse Tyson, clearly saying that Eratosthenes’ results were possible on either a flat or a ball earth.  Understand?  How could the brilliant Sagan have told millions of people that it could only work on a ball earth if that wasn’t even true?  So for 40 years, people have been saying, “Educated people have known the earth was a ball for over 2000 years, because of Eratosthenes.”  But it was all a lie, because the shadows also work on a flat earth… as DeGrasse Tyson finally admitted to the mainstream 38 years later.  (Of course flat earthers have shown this with their own experiments for years, but what ball earther would believe them over the expert Carl Sagan?)

Neil mentioned that if Eratosthenes had used a third well, it would have confirmed the earth was a ball.  Again, that is blatantly erroneous… as it would do no such thing.  But my point was that Eratosthenes DIDN’T use a third location for his experiment.  And two locations couldn’t prove anything one way or the other.  The idea behind the video was to show how people shouldn’t just blindly believe everything a “scientist” says – because Sagan was wrong in his claim, and Neil is also wrong in his claim that three locations would do the trick.  But for 40 years, people believed the lie because they heard it from a scientist and didn’t think to ask themselves if what he said was even logical.

T8:  I guess that is something Flat Earthers could test.

The last point I made in the video was to ask why, in 2000 years, a ball earther hasn’t thought to do the test with three locations.  You know why they haven’t?  Because three locations wouldn’t prove the shape of the earth either.  And they figured if they could lie about the two locations, and the gullible masses believed it, why push their luck by even bringing up a third location.  So why did Neil bring it up a month ago?  Hmm…  I’m starting to think Neil is subtly trying to help us out.  I’ve even thought of making a video about it.  In the last few years, Neil has written a book explaining how stars couldn’t have formed the way the secularists say they must have. He’s said on a TV show that we don’t even know what gravity is.  He’s told the world that we can’t get far enough away from earth to see the curve, thereby debunking all those airplane passengers and pilots who insist they’ve seen the curve.  He’s told the world that we would be able to see stars from anywhere in space – even with the sun in full view – thereby debunking all those NASA photos that never show any stars… and the 50% of astronauts who say they couldn’t see them when the sun was in view.  He’s told us that the earth isn’t a sphere, but instead a pear-shaped spheroid, thereby debunking all the NASA images of a perfectly round ball earth.  And most recently, he utterly destroyed the Eratosthenes story that people have been blindly touting as proof for 40 years.

Anyway, at the time Eratosthenes did his experiment, every culture in the world believed in a flat earth with heavenly bodies moving over us in the sky.  It was never a case of Eratosthenes looking at two shadows, making an absurd claim that we lived on a ball, and then telling everyone else in the world to go prove him wrong.  The onus was on him (and all the scientists who came after him in the last 2000 years) to prove that the world we all observe every day as flat and motionless with lights moving around us in the sky was instead a spinning ball orbiting the sun.  His experiment didn’t prove a ball then, and 20 shadows won’t prove it today.  In fact there’s a video on YouTube of a guy doing it on a flat table with 10-20 sticks, measuring each angle precisely, and proving that the calculations which work on a ball earth with a sun very far away also on a flat surface with the light source close by.

So instead of telling us this is something WE should go do (like you keep doing), how about YOU go do it?  And while you’re at it, you’ll have to also prove that the same results couldn’t possibly work on a flat earth.  But the onus is clearly on you, since you are the one claiming something that goes against every grain of common sense, everyday personal observation, and centuries of irrefutable experimentation like Airy’s Failure, Sagnac, Michelson-Morley, the Bedford level, the 40 Km laser test FECore just completed, the thousands of citizen-scientist photos that clearly show objects much farther away than they could be, the moon eclipsing from the top down, full moons in the daytime, etc, etc, etc.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

T8:  Mike. There is an explanation for seeing mountains that should be hidden by the curvature of the Earth. I explained it before, but I am not convinced you understood what I was saying. I will; try and make it easier this time, so you or others don’t lose interest. 

I caught what you were saying the first time, and so did the side by side comparisons to show you that isn’t the answer.  I read where you have now seen those posts by me, and where I have permission to use your photo (thanks 🙂 ), but I haven’t read far enough to see what you thought about my side by side comparisons.  Do you agree that we can see just as far down the mountain in your photo as we can in the close up?  Can you see that certain boulders are the same size in both, and the distance between them and the base of the mountain is the same in both?  In other words, what were your thoughts on my comparisons?  If you find problems with them, let me know so I won’t make a fool of myself when I do it on YouTube.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

That Pluto image keeps attaching itself to all my posts.  What’s up with that?  🙂

Proclaimer
    Participant

Just call it a planet and it should go away. It has an inferiority complex.

Viewing 20 posts - 481 through 500 (of 6,405 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account